THE BROWNS BOARD

Gipson pissed.

WalterWhite

Way to go Farmer you fucking bitch faggot. Look at Gipsons last 2 tweets. It's shit like this that bothers the fuck to of me.

Jesus Christ this organization is embarrassing. No wonder no one wants to play here.

We have all this FUCKING MONEY and can't even resign the best FS in the NFL to fair compensation

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Way to go Farmer you fucking bitch faggot. Look at Gipsons last 2 tweets. It's shit like this that bothers the fuck to of me.

Jesus Christ this organization is embarrassing. No wonder no one wants to play here.

We have all this FUCKING MONEY and can't even resign the best FS in the NFL to fair compensation

i have said this all along and some of these board members are brain dead...one even blamed the offensive coordinator for the idiotic farmer sending text messages....mercy....

This saves a total of a million dollars. A million dollars, that's it.

If you're willing to overpay Josh FUCKING McCown and you can't even pay the NFL's leading safety in INTs then you're a fucking dope.

WE HAVE SO MUCH MONEY AND CANT EVEN USE IT

If he walks I don't blame him, I would NEVER want to play here.

YOU FUCKING TAKE CARE OF YOUR OWN. We just alienated one of the best defensive players in the game at the age of 24 over a million dollars between the tenders for a team and so much money available.

Why would you even risk allowing a team to swoop in and snag a 24 year old PRO BOWL safety who has more INT's than the rest in the NFL other than Richard Sherman in the past 2-3 years?

OK, you have stated he is pissed, but no one has stated why.

First of all - not the best FS in the NFL.

Second of all - it's a business.

Third of all - you're wrong about literally everything you type, so I'm not too worried about the three sad faces Gipson tweeted.

Fourth of all - shut up.

Jesus...y'all over react much? Christ almighty the pussy whining level has reached new heights this offseason.

yea because this organization has proven what a powerhouse it is. No one wants to be here because of this clown show in the Front Office

You HAVE ABSOLUTELY zero to lose in resigning him to a long term deal and now he has the potential to hit the market.

Jesus...y'all over react much? Christ almighty the pussy whining level has reached new heights this offseason.

It's almost unbearable.

Maybe part of the reason we're a laughingstock is because of whiny bitches bringing down the quality of our fan base.

but but but i wanna winner i deserve a winner wahhhh its not fair wahhhh we suck boo hoo

Sack up.

First of all - not the best FS in the NFL.

Second of all - it's a business.

Third of all - you're wrong about literally everything you type, so I'm not too worried about the three sad faces Gipson tweeted.

Fourth of all - shut up.

1. He leads all FS in INT'S in the past 2 years.

2. No shit moron and we run ours like a Church's Chicken in Toledo while NE, PIT, and BAL run theirs like a Fortune 500 in the Silicon Valley

3. We alienated him, if you can't see that you're obviously mentally fucking ill.

4. No, blow me

It's one folly after another.

Browns use second-round tender on RFA Tashaun Gipson

Posted by Darin Gantt on March 9, 2015, 4:39 PM EDT

gipson.jpg?w=227Getty Images

With the free agent safety market top-heavy and the draft class thin, the Browns made a move to keep the one they have.

Via Nate Ulrich of the Akron Beacon Journal, the Browns used the second-round level restricted free agent tender on safety Tashaun Gipson.

They also used the second-round RFA tender of $2.356 million on linebacker Craig Roberson, and the lower $1.542 million tender on special teamerJohnson Bademosi and nose tackle Ishmaa’ily Kitchen (both of whom were undrafted and would yield no compensation if signed away.

The Browns could have placed a first-round tender on Gipson and guaranteed to keep him another year, and it’s still likely they’re safe. But someone might be tempted to throw a second-round pick at a Pro Bowl safety.

Gipson was second in the league with six interceptions, despite a knee injury which cost him the final five games.

Why are we freaking out? If he signs with another team, they have to give us a second round pick? Seems like a pretty good gambit. I'm sure they did their research on this. He's a safety. Probably no need to protect him with a first round tender.

Zombo

I didn't want the Browns to spend big in Free Agency by ANY means like these suckers like The Jets and Redskins do every year.

But to not lock up our own? We just should offered a deal to Tashuan in the same ball park to what McCourty got in NE. That's why they are Super Bowl champs and we are a fucking clown show

Why are we freaking out? If he signs with another team, they have to give us a second round pick? Seems like a pretty good gambit.

ARE YOU FUCKING SERIOUS?

You don't risk losing young PRO BOWL players for FUCKING 2ND round prospects

Yippie! Here comes another David Veikune, Montario Hardesty, Brian Robiskie, and Mohammad Massaquoi!

Fuck yea Dude!

He's a rfa, how are we gonna lose him?......we get first rights to match any offer he receives(which Im betting we will do).....

2nd round tender seems pretty fair for an undrafted player with 2 good years in and a untested damaged knee

ARE YOU FUCKING SERIOUS?

Yippie! Here comes another David Veikune, Montario Hardesty, Brian Robiskie, and Mohammad Massaquoi!

Fuck yea Dude!

So you are 100% sold that this year wasn't a fluke right? I mean were you 100% behind Derek Anderson when he went to the pro bowl? How about Braylon Edwards? You don't seem to understand how the tender works. We can match any offer he gets. How can we lose him? This is actually a smart move by the Browns. They allow him to go out and negotiate his value on the market, instead of us throwing lots of money at him. This allows us to see where other teams value him because they might think last year was a fluke, and not be willing to throw top dollar at him.

This is the same thing they did essentially with Mack. They let him go out and gauge his value, and if he can get more then the Browns offer, we just match. The Browns are not being forced into what could be a bad contract. I know you think he is the top safety in the NFL, but he really isn't. He had a great year. The top players at any position do it year in, and year out, and Gipson hasn't done that. I don't want to lose him, but damn it's about time the Browns got smart with their homegrown talent. We threw money at Haden because he has shown the ability year in and out, Gipson hasn't. At least make him earn a top contract geez.

ARE YOU FUCKING SERIOUS?

Fuck yea Dude!

Dude, have a Snickers.

We can match any offer he receives.

Here read this:

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/163412/browns-take-very-low-risk-with-tashaun-gipsons-qualifying-offer

Your'e not you when you're hungry.

1. He leads all FS in INT'S in the past 2 years.

2. No shit moron and we run ours like a Church's Chicken in Toledo while NE, PIT, and BAL run theirs like a Fortune 500 in the Silicon Valley

3. We alienated him, if you can't see that you're obviously mentally fucking ill.

4. No, blow me

It's one folly after another.

1.Glover Quin had more interceptions than Gipson this season, so you're already wrong. He's still consensus ranked behind Devin McCourty as the best FA safety this year...so it's safe to say that he's not viewed as the best overall FS. Could he be? We'll find out. But he's not currently.

2. Failing to overpay for someone that you love doesn't make this a poor FO. It just means that you're stupid...which you should be used to.

3. To you, frownie faces means alienation. Thank God you're not in any position of power, Capt. Overreaction.

4. If I did, I'd be your first.

ARE YOU FUCKING SERIOUS?

Fuck yea Dude!

The Browns have the right of first refusal, so the only risk in losing him is the risk in deciding to not match an offer. This way, they get to test the market value of Gipson and use that for contract negotiations. It's like saying "you think you're worth this much, I think you're worth something different...let's see what everyone else thinks."

Gipson isn't losing anything in this scenario. He's still going to get paid. Some team will come and offer a top-ten FS contract, which the Browns will likely match. Or some team will come in and offer a ridiculous contract, which the Browns won't match, and then Gipson gets ridiculous money.

Your constant spewing of random tweets as fact and your inability to think anything through is fucking annoying.

yea because this organization has proven what a powerhouse it is. No one wants to be here because of this clown show in the Front Office

You HAVE ABSOLUTELY zero to lose in resigning him to a long term deal and now he has the potential to hit the market.

Dude, it's very similar to the Alex Mack deal. If he gets an offer somewhere else, we can match it. It works out both ways... if he doesn't get an offer, we keep him and then we extend him during the season or next offseason IF he can stay healthy and continue to contribute... If somebody offers him ridiculous money, then he leaves and we get a 2nd round pick... Not that big of a deal...

Great logic here guys.

"It's not a big deal if we lose one of our top 5 best players as long as we get a 2nd round pick that we'll most likely blow"

Damn you're dense....

Everyone is saying we aren't losing him because we can match......just like last year with Mack....

We get him if we want him.....what part of this do you not get???

Mack has the option to opt out just like Gipson could become and UFA next year and sign with a different team.

Just fucking get it done.

Next year is a long ways away... He is coming off a season-ending knee injury, so let's not nominate him to the HOF quite yet... I want him on the team this year, and all indications are that he will be, but after that I won't know until I see him play... probably the same thing Farmer is thinking...

Mack has the option to opt out just like Gipson could become and UFA next year and sign with a different team.

Just fucking get it done.

ESPN Cleveland@ESPNCleveland 12m

Pettine: "It's being discussed" on a potential long term contract with Tashaun Gipson.

That tweet makes little sense. Is it 'being discussed' to offer Gipson a long term contract? Or are the two sides in discussion?

Preferably the latter.

Shouldn't be a problem, Walter.

The Browns can simply call Bill Belichick and tell him they are willing to trade THE BEST FS in the NFL - even up - for Devin McCourty.

McCourty just signed a long term deal with the Pats but I'm sure they'd be interested in obtaining THE BEST.

Archived