THE BROWNS BOARD

Gipson pissed.

WalterWhite

Oh stop with this horse shit, multiple people have been questioning this all day. I'm just not guzzling down the kool aid.

I'd love to see you at your job or career OUTPERFORM everyone else including other people at the same position at different companies and then when it came time for a raise your boss says "Well Mark O, I know you're thinking along the lines of 100K a year but we are going to pay you 30k instead. I know that YOU KNOW we can and should pay you 100k a year based off our performance but we just want to keep you motivated and hungry so we are going to pay you a SHITLOAD less, is that okay with you? Also, lets hope you don't get hurt on the job or anything, deal?"

The implication here is you that know DAMN WELL if you were in his shoes you'd be doing the same. Your outtake is fraudulent.

No I'm smart enough to understand how the business works and go out and see what the market will bear for my services. And IF i can get a 150k per year offer, I go back to my original boss and say ok, I got offered 150k for the next year, I'd like to stay here but you have to pay me the same thing and if they say no then I move on to the new place.

What part of that don't you understand?

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You let the market determine Gipson's value so when the Browns give him an offer they do not over pay. If a team throws some insane contract out there, the Browns can simply bow out and take their 2nd round pick.

Dude what don't you understand?

The market has already been determined when McCourty got 5 years 47.5 million.

YOU DON'T FUCKING RISK ONE OF THE best players on a talent starved team walking away WHEN YOU HAVE ALL THIS FUCKING CAP SPACE.

For what? a 2nd round pick? WOO FUCKING HOO.

Can't wait for another Massaquio, Robiskie, Veikune, Hardesty type badass here

Dude what don't you understand?

The market has already been determined when McCourty got 5 years 47.5 million.

YOU DON'T FUCKING RISK ONE OF THE best players on a talent starved team walking away WHEN YOU HAVE ALL THIS FUCKING CAP SPACE.

For what? a 2nd round pick? WOO FUCKING HOO.

Can't wait for another Massaquio, Robiskie, Veikune, Hardesty type badass here

He CANT walk away without the Browns having the opportunity to match the offer. That's what we've been trying to get through your giant fat blockhead all night long.

He's a restricted free agent...the Browns have control. Wait and see what he gets offered and then go from there. This really isn't that complicated for anyone who would like to have an open mind and the reading comprehension above the 3rd grade.

The market got decided when McCourty got his 5 years 47 million. I wouldn't accept anything less if I was the superior player.

Ok...and what if Gipson on the open market only gets offered 5 years 30 million. "you wouldn't accept anything less" so do you not play because you didn't get offered more? Do you take your ball and go home and cry in the corner...boo fucking hoo..someone is making more than me and some stats say i'm the better player so i'm not playing anymore.

You really just aren't grasping the concept of a restricted free agent and an unrestricted free agent. For the last time and then I'm done with you and we will close this topic because it's a waste of everyones time:

Gipson cannot sign with another team without the Browns having the ability to match the offer. He hasn't left, they haven't let him go and he sure as shit is going to get paid, whether it's here or somewhere else, he's making his money. I'd love to see him back but I'm not going to cry like a little bitch like you have today and the mere possibility that he leaves.

He CANT walk away without the Browns having the opportunity to match the offer. That's what we've been trying to get through your giant fat blockhead all night long.

He's a restricted free agent...the Browns have control. Wait and see what he gets offered and then go from there. This really isn't that complicated for anyone who would like to have an open mind and the reading comprehension above the 3rd grade.

You obviously are the one who can't get it.

Say the Eagles for example part with a 2nd and we match it, and he has another great year.

What in the fuck makes you think he's going to want to stick around in 2016 after being low balled by us?

He'll go elsewhere, lets prevent that, getting him LOCKED DOWN NOW.

And lets stop acting like every move Ray Farmer has made doesn't deserve question.

Gipson cannot sign with another team without the Browns having the ability to match the offer. He hasn't left, they haven't let him go and he sure as shit is going to get paid, whether it's here or somewhere else, he's making his money. I'd love to see him back but I'm not going to cry like a little bitch like you have today and the mere possibility that he leaves.

It's obvious you don't care about paying talent what they're worth then. I mean who wants talent on this team?

It's obvious you can't have discussion without closing a thread or banning someone who disagrees with you.

Go ahead close the thread, and sulk and walk away.

giphy.gif

You obviously are the one who can't get it.

Say the Eagles for example part with a 2nd and we match it, and he has another great year.

What in the fuck makes you think he's going to want to stick around in 2016 after being low balled by us?

He'll go elsewhere, lets prevent that, getting him LOCKED DOWN NOW.

And lets stop acting like every move Ray Farmer has made doesn't deserve question.

My favorite part in this is when they do sign him to a long term deal and you will pretend you're cry baby act today never happened.

My favorite part in this is when they do sign him to a long term deal and you will pretend you're cry baby act today never happened.

No, he'll just recite some other shit he heard from Incarcerated Bob. Then that will get proven wrong, and he'll move on to the next dumb idea.

This bum a fucking disgrace.

Awww fuck boy doesn't like facts. Face the facts, you might learn something.... fuck boy.

http://walterfootball.com/freeagents2015S.php

http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/nfl/51589/309/2015-nfl-free-agents

http://mweb.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/25080430/nfl-free-agent-tracker-see-where-the-top-125-names-go

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/freeagency/

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000468197/article/ndamukong-suh-leads-list-of-top-25-free-agents

http://www.rantsports.com/nfl/2015/03/09/2015-nfl-free-agency-tracker-top-100-rankings/

http://q.usatoday.com/2015/02/12/nfl-top-25-free-agents-ndamukong-suh-dez-bryant-demaryius-thomas-justin-houston-julius-thomas-randall-cobb-greg-hardy/

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2015/02/28/2015-top-free-agents-safeties/

That took me all of one second. In none of those lists is Gipson rated higher than McCourty. Not one. As a matter of fact, I'd be hard pressed to imagine there is a list where Gipson is listed higher...unless it was in alphabetical order.

Leading the league in interceptions is one thing. Being the actual best FS in the league is another. Pro Football Focus has Gipson rated as the 11th best coverage safety in the NFL, and they factor in more than "the d00d haz l33t interc3pt0rz".

But please, show me your cute infographic again and pass that off as fact.

Get out of here, you fucking scrub.

http://walterfootball.com/freeagents2015S.php

http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/nfl/51589/309/2015-nfl-free-agents

http://mweb.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/25080430/nfl-free-agent-tracker-see-where-the-top-125-names-go

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/freeagency/

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000468197/article/ndamukong-suh-leads-list-of-top-25-free-agents

http://www.rantsports.com/nfl/2015/03/09/2015-nfl-free-agency-tracker-top-100-rankings/

http://q.usatoday.com/2015/02/12/nfl-top-25-free-agents-ndamukong-suh-dez-bryant-demaryius-thomas-justin-houston-julius-thomas-randall-cobb-greg-hardy/

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2015/02/28/2015-top-free-agents-safeties/

That took me all of one second. In none of those lists is Gipson rated higher than McCourty. Not one. As a matter of fact, I'd be hard pressed to imagine there is a list where Gipson is listed higher...unless it was in alphabetical order.

Leading the league in interceptions is one thing. Being the actual best FS in the league is another. Pro Football Focus has Gipson rated as the 11th best coverage safety in the NFL, and they factor in more than "the d00d haz l33t interc3pt0rz".

But please, show me your cute infographic again and pass that off as fact.

Get out of here, you fucking scrub.

I don't give a shit about what some writer in a tweed jacket has to say, I go by production and stats with my own eyes.

I don't need Mike Florio to tell me who's best.

Tashuan Gipson is easily the better safety you mouth breathing Wal Mart shopper

Browns use second-round tender on RFA Tashaun Gipson

Posted by Darin Gantt on March 9, 2015, 4:39 PM EDT
gipson.jpg?w=227Getty Images

With the free agent safety market top-heavy and the draft class thin, the Browns made a move to keep the one they have.

Via Nate Ulrich of the Akron Beacon Journal, the Browns used the second-round level restricted free agent tender on safety Tashaun Gipson.

They also used the second-round RFA tender of $2.356 million on linebacker Craig Roberson, and the lower $1.542 million tender on special teamerJohnson Bademosi and nose tackle Ishmaa’ily Kitchen (both of whom were undrafted and would yield no compensation if signed away.

The Browns could have placed a first-round tender on Gipson and guaranteed to keep him another year, and it’s still likely they’re safe. But someone might be tempted to throw a second-round pick at a Pro Bowl safety.

Gipson was second in the league with six interceptions, despite a knee injury which cost him the final five games.

Why are we freaking out? If he signs with another team, they have to give us a second round pick? Seems like a pretty good gambit. I'm sure they did their research on this. He's a safety. Probably no need to protect him with a first round tender.

Zombo

Yup, guys like Gipson and TJ Ward grow on trees.

He's a rfa, how are we gonna lose him?......we get first rights to match any offer he receives(which Im betting we will do).....

2nd round tender seems pretty fair for an undrafted player with 2 good years in and a untested damaged knee

So the Browns are going cheap to let the "market" set the value. I'll take Gipson right now over any potential second round pick you care to name.

1.Glover Quin had more interceptions than Gipson this season, so you're already wrong. He's still consensus ranked behind Devin McCourty as the best FA safety this year...so it's safe to say that he's not viewed as the best overall FS. Could he be? We'll find out. But he's not currently.

2. Failing to overpay for someone that you love doesn't make this a poor FO. It just means that you're stupid...which you should be used to.

3. To you, frownie faces means alienation. Thank God you're not in any position of power, Capt. Overreaction.

4. If I did, I'd be your first.

The Browns have the right of first refusal, so the only risk in losing him is the risk in deciding to not match an offer. This way, they get to test the market value of Gipson and use that for contract negotiations. It's like saying "you think you're worth this much, I think you're worth something different...let's see what everyone else thinks."

Gipson isn't losing anything in this scenario. He's still going to get paid. Some team will come and offer a top-ten FS contract, which the Browns will likely match. Or some team will come in and offer a ridiculous contract, which the Browns won't match, and then Gipson gets ridiculous money.

Your constant spewing of random tweets as fact and your inability to think anything through is fucking annoying.

Yeah the Browns have the right of first refusal- but IMHO- Gipson (see above) is worth more than any first round safety in this year's draft. Net loss pal. Disrespect not using the first round tender. He's not worth it?

You let the market determine Gipson's value so when the Browns give him an offer they do not over pay. If a team throws some insane contract out there, the Browns can simply bow out and take their 2nd round pick.

And draft Kaluka Maiava with it.

I'd rather have the guy with more tackles, passes defended, int's, and TD's but what I do know?

I'd rather have the guy with more tackles, passes defended, int's, and TD's but what I do know?

I'd rather have the guy who's been consistently better for consistently longer. I'd rather have the guy who has over twice as many tackles per game. I'd rather have the two time All-Pro who's only two years older. And so would the Super Bowl-winning Patriots, apparently...and I think their opinion is a little (read: much, much, much) better than yours.

You asked what you know, and the answer is simple...very little.

Once again, the argument was who's the consensus better player...and its overwhelmingly McCourty. I'll gladly wait while you find someone, anyone, who's said better. Until then, go back to the kid's table you feeble-minded pussy.

Come back when you want to get bitch slapped with more truth.

Here's the part where you tell me that it doesn't matter what anyone else says, especially not some suit in some stuffy executive office, you know the Gipson is better because you have eyes. Then you'll call me blind, or a fool, or Retarded, or something of the ilk if I can't see that.

Thanks for playing.

Yup, guys like Gipson and TJ Ward grow on trees.

So the Browns are going cheap to let the "market" set the value. I'll take Gipson right now over any potential second round pick you care to name.

Yeah the Browns have the right of first refusal- but IMHO- Gipson (see above) is worth more than any first round safety in this year's draft. Net loss pal. Disrespect not using the first round tender. He's not worth it?

And draft Kaluka Maiava with it.

Using a first round tender would probably be the opposite of what Gipson would want, as it would cull the herd of offers back.

There's not very many teams that want to pay big bucks AND lose a first round pick.

I'd rather have the guy who's been consistently better for consistently longer.

hahahahaha no shit you dumb fuck. He's been in the NFL 2 years longer.

He also has the pleasure of playing on the best organization of the decade.

Once again, punched in your fucking gums with facts and logic, fuck boy

I don't think any Browns fan wants to see Tashaun go. But business is business. It makes sense. See what you are worth match and offer call it a day. Players always expect top dollar and not ebery player is worth that.

Way to go Farmer you fucking bitch faggot. Look at Gipsons last 2 tweets. It's shit like this that bothers the fuck to of me.

Jesus Christ this organization is embarrassing. No wonder no one wants to play here.

We have all this FUCKING MONEY and can't even resign the best FS in the NFL to fair compensation

Bro, lay off the Monster energy drinks. You think we are a joke, have you seen the chaotic shit going on out here in California. The SF 49's are literally imploding and they were a playoff team. While i Iove Gipson, he had 1 good year and was hurt. If he can have another year like he did when healthy, then pay the man. But this makes a smart GM decision, he was a FREAKING UDFA, but we still tagged him as a 2nd, we get the last bite at the apple to keep him, if some insane GM wants to over pay him, fine we get another 2nd. This makes great business sense, if he does come thru and we pay him CA$H hommie all is forgotten. Chill My brother, its actually nice to see common sense from our front office.

It's Gipson's fault that he wasn't good enough to get drafted out of college. He knew all along what restricted free agency is like and the Browns made the right move.

Let the market determine his worth and if you feel like that's fair value, you match the offer.

Walter, you complain about the Packers and Patriots resigning their players, yet this is exactly what they did. The Packers let Cobb test the market to gauge his value and then resigned him. They risk losing Bulaga because of the same thing. The Patriots let McCourty hit the market and then matched the offer that was on the table. Both teams relied on the player's willingness to resign with his original team. If Gipson wants to stay with the Browns than all he has to do is sign an offer sheet which he thinks is fair and then hope the Browns match it.

As an organization you have to determine what a player is worth to you and stick to that. That's how teams like the Packers and Patriots stay consistently at the top.

Thank God poker night was last night. Up 80 bucks and 5 pages and over 6 hours of a Hilarious read this AM Thanks. Advise to WW. A pet Dog Named Tashaun Buster Gipson. Woof Woof !!

Well if he's pissed off I'd say tough shit pal.

Do your job to the best of your ability and when you are finally an unrestricted free agent then someone will pay you 30 million dollars a game.

If they believe that's what you're worth.

I suppose every guy on the team would like to be the highest paid player at his position in the league.

WSS

hahahahaha no shit you dumb fuck. He's been in the NFL 2 years longer.

He also has the pleasure of playing on the best organization of the decade.

Once again, punched in your fucking gums with facts and logic, fuck boy

So 100% longer than Gipson.

Twice as long is consistently longer.

Just like my dick is consistently longer than yours.

Using a first round tender would probably be the opposite of what Gipson would want, as it would cull the herd of offers back.

There's not very many teams that want to pay big bucks AND lose a first round pick.

I agree the first round tender would have cut his throat in terms of getting other offers.....with a starting price of a first round pick, plus $3m plus, I doubt that many teams would even consider making an offer,,,,

But the second round tender makes him a better value....which means he'll get more offers.....which means he'll get a higher contract....

People keep talking like we are gonna let him go for a second round pick, which seems ridiculous to me......why would we let him go??

Archived