THE BROWNS BOARD

BREAKING: CAMERON SIGNS WITH ... Miami

WalterWhite

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was actually alittle disappointed when the report came that they resigned him. Guy is a good player, but damn if he can take a hit.

Laughing at all the fins fans on cbs.com calling Cleveland a joke and jumping up and down that they are signing him looking at his combine numbers, etc. See if he makes it out of training camp before ya get to excited..

I leave for 3hrs to go mtb riding, and we lost our prize signing of the 2015 off season....... Just another day.

Just an agent doing his job...... And like someone said up the thread a bit, I think it was Logic, dude is one more concussion from retirement so it's only logical (no pun intended) that he sign with a Fla team. :wacko: If the numbers were virtually the same as reported between the Browns and Fins then the lack of a state income tax came into play

A pretty decent crop of TEs in the draft..

Glad to see a player wanting to stay! And someone on this board today stated the Dolphins were out of money. This is a very good omen. And the Browns should draft a tight end in later rounds if they can.

With all the money they're paying Suh- can't have that much left.

DawgPoundNation.com@DawgPoundNation 25s

So, Cameron had a verbal agreement with the #Browns. Then backed out to work on a deal with the Dolphins. Yup, dick move by him.

Nah- classic free market move. I got this hard offer here, can you do one better?

So Cameron signed with Miami for the same money Cleveland offered. Most probably because Tannehill is better than our quarterbacks if you want to call them that. And Buffalo will probably get Clay. If that happens, in a very thin tight end draft class, who do we get?

Well hang on to this thread so that at some point next season when another concussion causes retirement we can all say we have a brilliant f/o. Much more highly likely than not with a multiple concussion background. This site does not show he is getting any guaranteed money.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/miami-dolphins/

We got him! Excellent signing! Hellava player!

He went to Miami! Glad he's gone. Great insight front office!

Lol...the highs and lows of our beloved Browns addiction.

I'm ok with him leaving, but only if they find a playmaker or 2 in the draft or FA. We can't blow the draft, we can't blow the draft, we can't....

So Cameron signed with Miami for the same money Cleveland offered. Most probably because Tannehill is better than our quarterbacks if you want to call them that. And Buffalo will probably get Clay. If that happens, in a very thin tight end draft class, who do we get?

Why the fuck does everyone think Buffalo is going to get Clay? Their QB situation is as bad as ours....if not worse. Their money is no better than ours....and there may not be as much of it.

Just read thread from beginning to end. I'm suing for whiplash.

I wonder when the dust settles if we'll learn just how much more $$$ Cam got out of the Fins...

A pretty decent crop of TEs in the draft..

No... there's not...

Well, well, well... And I thought Cam was a true brown- through and through... I guess he doesn't deserve the likes of Thomas, Haden and Mack. Heartbreaker...

This does make me sad though. I liked his touchdown T too. Whatever though, he'll realize he fucked up when we win the Superbowl this year.

so after signing suh and cam the dolphins have gutted their WR ranks.

and people here bitch that we don't spend a lot on FA? let's see how all these big name acquisitions equate to their new team's records before you start grading out these moves.

and people here bitch that we don't spend a lot on FA? let's see how all these big name acquisitions equate to their new team's records before you start grading out these moves.

Mik,

You are correct. I posted somewhere the other day about the 2011 Eagles trading & buying the "Dream Team". The media had them winning the Super Bowl pre-season. I don't think their 8-8 record that year quite made it. I had told Cal during that year's FA that they screwed their team chemistry & would look silly. They did!

Mike

I'm not pissed at the FO for their inactivity in FA. I'm pissed that they tried to give a TE who doesn't want to be here and can't stay healthy 7.5 mil/ year....

i hear that. i like cam. to me the money wasn't the biggest thing because the browns have plenty....it was more a roll of the dice, which in my case, i never woulda rolled.

Mik,

You are correct. I posted somewhere the other day about the 2011 Eagles trading & buying the "Dream Team". The media had them winning the Super Bowl pre-season. I don't think their 8-8 record that year quite made it. I had told Cal during that year's FA that they screwed their team chemistry & would look silly. They did!

Mike

right.

miami signs suh and cam but hartline and wallace are gone, tannehill is still unproven.......who's going to score for them?

if the browns fill one or two holes with competent FAs fine (whitner last year is a perfect example). i think they are looking more towards the draft then ever before.

wish the fans who are in such an uproar would give someone a chance to do their job before they start calling them assholes or incompetent. i mean where would they be if their boss reprimanded them every time they dropped some french fries on the ground?

Wow. He just didn't want to stay in Cleveland then.

Good riddance, apparently.

Remember those bubblegum lyrics "you can look at the menu but you just can't eat"??? Miami just went all in on that. I feel like this is one of those rare occasions divine intervention was trying to help our front office no matter how much they resisted prior to Miami bailing them out. Reality is Cameron remains just 1 jolting hit shy of career curtains.

People can say it was the QB situation driving the decision but the 1 year both Gordon and Cameron made the Pro Bowl - our QBing and running game was a short bus fire drill most of the time. TODAY, we have the balance of a running game with 9 or 10 draft picks than can make us stronger outside. This is a quick summary of what the 1 NFL team willing to burn a 4th round pick on a college resume of 1 start + 1 dunk got in return over 4 years:

1) The first 2 years he looked like a project (occasional excitement as well as limitations foreshadowed)

2) 2013 was a Pro Bowl season (despite Weeden & Campbell combining to win 1 of 13 starts); but remained a TE with limited value for our running game.

3) In 2014 the story change gave us the next Evan Moore after Cinderella's midnight.

I'm also okay with letting NE pay Jabaal Sheard 11 million $ over 2 years in a scheme he's prolly better suited to play in. IMO, an overachiever with pedestrian numbers is not the type of talent you change an overall scheme for. I LIKED Sheard so I'm happy a guy that works hard and stays out of trouble has a comfortable niche out there. JJ Watt is a differently wired guy that a defensive minded coach is willing to change an overall scheme for. In particular, when Watt was drafted to a team that ran a 34 D - Wade Phillips saw enough of a game changer talent that compelled him to switch to a 4 man front in 78% of the snaps JJ's rookie year. I'm sure injuries to the LBer Corps also drove that decision; but the success that front generated gave him no reason to change the frequency of sic em, sock em and sack em.

Stills isn't bad, not a #1 but a solid #2. Landry will be there #1

I'm not pissed at the FO for their inactivity in FA. I'm pissed that they tried to give a TE who doesn't want to be here and can't stay healthy 7.5 mil/ year....

Maybe just a smokescreen to get Miami to pay more money so that they have to let Clay go...?

Let's be real, Cameron wanted out. Period. Why not use the leverage to your gain?

This is the Hollywood time of year right? coulda been staged....

Archived