THE BROWNS BOARD

What's our biggest need?

WalterWhite

With sheard leaving it has to be olb'er. I was hoping we'd deal with rhat position in FA so we could target shelton. Still tough though not to make a play for shelton....but i really wouldnt want to do any trades for shelton cause that likely effects our 1st rd next year which is where i really want rhem to go after bosa

?? Is you got Parker WR, NT Sheldon, NT M.Brown, V.Beasley and M. Mariota on the board at 9, Who you taken?? Drafttex maybe possible..

I understand everyone's frustration but wish we would stop bashing Haslam, Farmer and Pettine. They are inexperienced and made some mistakes but they are by far the best collective trio we've had since 99. The worst thing this team can do is compound its errors with risky moves. It needs to stay the course, be patient and opportunistic for a QB, and build the team through the draft.

If a QB like Brees or Rivers is available and they think he could be the right franchise QB, then go for it. If not, draft one with one of our existing draft picks and don't make it a reach. I still think 1st round goes to a nose tackle and a WR (as QB's Winston & Mariotta will go #1 & #2). I think second round will be either QB or OL. Then fill needs at OLB, TE and then best player available.

I still think there is a chance that Mariota is a smoke screen and will fall in the draft, just like JF did last year. If so, we might be able to land him naturally at #12. If he drops and the Browns don't think he's the answer, and Danny Shelton is off the board, I can see them trading up with the Giants, jumping over the Vikings at 11 and the Rams at 10 to get a WR (of Cooper, White, and Parker, two should be still on the board by pick 9 but they could all be gone by pick 12). The Giants (at 9) lose nothing in this deal because the need OL and Rams, Vikings and Browns (at 10, 11, 12) all need WR's

malcom brown if shelton doesn't fall to the browns. then the best OL available.

then you fans of skill position players can wish all you want.

the first 2 would solidify the team (if the picks worked out as projected) on both sides of the ball.

We need a TE, a good one. One that can block and also be a receiving threat.

We also need a FB. We haven't had a true and through fullback since Vickers.

We need a young Offensive Guard. Grecko will do this year but for the future and in case of injury we need a young stud.

We need to find a defensive powerhouse for MLB, one that can take the reigns from Dansby within the next year or two.

----------------------------

I think with the WR additions and the fact that we should get Gordon back next season, we should be good at WR.

I like our two stud RBs. The OL is stout. And I'm willing to give Manziel at least this year to prove himself, if he flops then we'll have to see what we have in Shaw.

I like the Defense. Our Secondary is going to be raw. The D-Line is gonna be healthy and strong with the addition of Starks. With Starks, Taylor, Hughes and Bryant along with Winn and the other Bryant we be throwing everything PLUS the 'Kitchen' sink at opposing offenses. Mingo, Kruger, Robertson, Kirksey and Dansby round out a strong LB corps. We will challenge for AFCN Dominance this season.

It's easy to say receiver, but I would put a run stuffing D lineman, a solid pass rushing OLB, and a center who can also play guard. Mack can opt out after this season and I'd say there is a good chance he will. I'd like to have his replacement in place.

That said, we can probably get a top center/guard come round 4, so just to put some positions to the picks

1 DL

1b OLB

2 WR

3 ILB

4 C/G

#12 Shelton or Dupree

#19 If we got Dupree, then Brown or Goldman (at least one will still be there) be there

Of course if Mariota fell in our lap the Browns are f'd again with another QB. Then you trade JM to Philly or Dallas for whatever you can get.

After free agency, Id say OLB is #1, followed by DT/NT.....and I think OLB is gonna be a bit harder to fill.....ideally....

Pick #1a - Beasley - OLB.....(Shelton, Gregory, Ray, Brown are other good options)

Pick #1b - Brown - DT..........(Harold, Armstead, Odihouystra, Phillips)

Pick #2 - Best available OL.......

AND then, bpa vs need the rest of the way.................QB - TE - WR - FS/SS - K - etc...

Your score is: 4307 (GRADE: B+)

Your Picks:

Round 1 Pick 15 (S.F.): Kevin White, WR, West Virginia (A)

Round 1 Pick 19: Maxx Williams, TE, Minnesota (C+)

Round 2 Pick 11: Dorial Green-Beckham, WR, Oklahoma (B+)

Round 2 Pick 12 (N.O.): Bryce Petty, QB, Baylor (D+)

Round 2 Pick 14 (S.F.): Ali Marpet, OG, Hobart & William Smith (B-)

Round 3 Pick 13: Denzel Perryman, ILB/OLB, Miami (Fla.) ( B)

Round 4 Pick 12: Derrick Lott, DT, Chattanooga (D)

Round 4 Pick 16: Davis Tull, OLB, Chattanooga (A)

Round 5 Pick 11: Joey Iosefa, FB, Hawaii (F)

Round 6 Pick 13: Marvin Kloss, K, South Florida (F)

Round 6 Pick 26: Sean Mannion, QB, Oregon State ©

Round 7 Pick 12: Aaron Ripkowski, FB, Oklahoma (D)

Even FirstPick thinks that draft sucks, Po..

Biggest need per original question? IMO, it's a big, mean, run-stuffing NT.

Fixed...

Archived