Clay Matthews - 6.90

James Laurinaitis - 6.93

Marcus Freeman - 6.98

Kaluka Maiava - 6.98

Scott McKillop - 7.00

Dannell Ellerbe - 7.00

Jasper Brinkley - 7.03

Moise Fokou - 7.09

I wonder how Curry did. The 3-cone is a good measure of hip flexibility/change of direction ability, which is one of Curry's weaknesses.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Aloysius

Vertical:

Aaron Curry - 37.0"

Zack Follett - 37.0"

Marcus Freeman - 37.0"

Scott McKillop - 35.5"

Clay Matthews - 35.5"

Jasper Brinkley - 35.5"

Dannell Ellerbe - 35.0"

Worrell Williams - 35.0"

Brian Cushing - 35.0"

Guest Aloysius

Short Shuttle:

Marcus Freeman - 4.12

Clay Matthews - 4.18

Kaluka Maiava - 4.20

Brian Cushing - 4.22

Dannell Ellerbe - 4.23

James Laurinaitis - 4.24

Moise Fokou - 4.28

Jason Phillips - 4.32

Jasper Brinkley - 4.32

Short Shuttle:

Marcus Freeman - 4.12

Clay Matthews - 4.18

Kaluka Maiava - 4.20

Brian Cushing - 4.22

Dannell Ellerbe - 4.23

James Laurinaitis - 4.24

Moise Fokou - 4.28

Jason Phillips - 4.32

Jasper Brinkley - 4.32

Are Curry's numbers just ridiculous or is he not participating in the LB drills?

This is adding more to my argument that Curry is going to go #1. He's the safest pick in the draft and the Lions can't miss there - it'd set them back another few years.

Here's another nugget they might be aware of:

Your last 6 Defensive Rookie of the Years and 8 of the last 9 were linebackers.

Sure, they don't typically go number one. But look at some of the past #1s. Wasn't Brian Urlacher a better pick than Courtney Brown? Were Demarcus Ware and Shane Merriman better picks than Alex Smith in 2005?

Who is Stafford? Another David Carr? Maybe. Well then, it'd probably behoove you to take Aaron Curry instead.

In other words, you'd have to REALLY like Stafford if you're the Lions.

Clay Matthews is really having a great combine, his stock is rising.

I predict him to be a suprise to all in the NFL, he comes with his own pedigree a team wont be inheriting a risk by picking him up at all.

some coaches look at the shuttle as a players in game 40 time. not only at if they have the fast twitch to be able to redirect while in pursuit.

Hey, Pioli drafted Seymour, Ty Warren, and Vince Wilfork, all in round one. He only drafted one linebacker on day one in his entire stint with the Pats, and that was Mayo last year.

If that gives you hope.

Actually he just did what Belichick said. Belichick had the say over the draft and roster.

And I think the dream scenario for the Lions is to take Curry, then hope Sanchez finds his way to them at the #20, or to trade up above the Jets and secure him. They've got the picks to do it.

Or they can use that #20 on Cassel.

It will take way more then a #20 to get Cassel. NE wants two firsts. This year's and next year's.

Guest Aloysius
And I think the dream scenario for the Lions is to take Curry, then hope Sanchez finds his way to them at the #20, or to trade up above the Jets and secure him. They've got the picks to do it.

Or they can use that #20 on Cassel.

Pretty nice dream. If I'm not mistaken, the Lions also have an additional 3rd from the Roy Williams trade, which they could use to trade up in the 1st or use to grease the wheels on a Cassel trade.

The Lions also have a lot of cap space, which they could use to bring in some OL pieces.

Yup.

And I'd think the Pats would be happy with the #20 for Cassel. Just because you ask for two first-rounders doesn't mean that's all you'll take. You take the best offer provided it returns adequate value to your franchise.

And Pioli was in on every personnel decision. That's why all sorts of teams were trying to acquire his services. Why would they pay all that money for a coach's yes-man? Anyone can be that.

Guest Aloysius

Mortty Ivy had a rather unimpressive combine, running a 4.9 40 and only putting up 18 reps of 225. That'll push him down to late round territory, perhaps even going undrafted.

I think he'd be a good guy to bring in as a UDFA. Though he's athletically limited, he's got the size (6'1", 248 lbs.) and skills to be a solid backup ILB.

(Ivy's #44)

i like ivy a lot. he's a high-motor, inspiring player who raises the level of competition around him because he plays so hard. he's not going to set the NFL on fire, but he could easily be the guy to take on blocks next to DQ, which is a role he'd probably enjoy and excel in because it uses his explosion in limited space and doesn't ask him to do anything he can't.

Ray Lewis ran a 4.8 40 at the combine. These measurables are nice and all, but what these players do on the football field is the most important thing. The combine always elevates some players and drops others. But if they can't play, I don't care how fast they are. I would compare the combine to ranking high school players...it doesn't really mean that much.

Archived