THE BROWNS BOARD

Navy Bans Chaplain

OldBrownsFan

Because I believe the truth has to be revealed I don't take offense when I get criticized for my beliefs (such as believing in absolute truth). Would I be critical or take offense at a blind man trying to judge art?

In general though I see conservatives as seeing many issues as black and white while many liberals see most issues as grey areas and everything is relative. Conservatives get hammered by liberals for being too simplistic while I see liberals not having a strong foundation and sometimes lack of a strong moral compass without having strong principals that don't change to guide them.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Posted Today, 11:31 AM

I'd think that anyone who is all about liberal "inclusiveness" would try very hard not to be an insultin abusive prick

to every single person who doesn't believe like they do.

Because I believe the truth has to be revealed I don't take offense when I get criticized for my beliefs (such as believing in absolute truth). Would I be critical or take offense at a blind man trying to judge art?

In general though I see conservatives as seeing many issues as black and white while many liberals see most issues as grey areas and everything is relative. Conservatives get hammered by liberals for being too simplistic while I see liberals not having a strong foundation and sometimes lack of a strong moral compass without having strong principals that don't change to guide them. OldBrownsFan

Well, if you're going to be all reasonable, intelligent, and fair about it, you're no fun. B)

No, I agree with ya.

Yeah, woodypeckerhead is all about hanging on other people's posts to go after somebody

he disagrees with a lot, the little sniveling Gollum.

Cal, you have a religious guy saying that he believes the Bible is the truth and a nonbeliever who believes there is nothing greater than what is going on right now. So because the nonbeliever says there are different versions of the truth for everyone instead of just being a jerkoff and saying "no, I am right and you are wrong" then somehow the nonbeliever is some sort of manipulator who "never has to honestly appraise issues". We aren't talking about whether or not 2+2=4. It is a faith based issue that most definitely means something different to each person. Log

But I am not talking about people discussing different beliefs. I'm talking about blowehard saying that he has

a different definition of the WORD "truth". You missed my point, but it's my fault, I reckon, because I didn't put

TRUTH in quotes.

Libs strongly tend to argue issues emotionally, and when they (usually) end up on thin ice,

they simply change the definitions of their words so they are still "justified" in their stances. The primary example

is when libs were losing their dramatic declaration of man made global warming doom, instead of backing up a bit,

and looking at ALL the science, they simply redefine it by using different words - so, "climate change" is now

what they were referring to as "man made global warming". Which, is obviously bogus, since climate does change

all the time, going back before the Pleistocene era of earth's history. What they are still dishonestly referring to,

is "man made global warming" pleas to allow them to control, and major liberal politicians to profit from,

all the various activities of people.

And, on a grander olde time global liberal scale... redistribute wealth

to around the globe. And that's exactly why the Kyoto Treaty excluded the most polluting countries on earth -

China and India, to name a few. Because it was all about redistribution of wealth, and having poor countries

involved with the requirements of the treaty defied the intent of the stupid treaty in the first place.

It was figured out, and that treaty went kablooey.

We all have different beliefs.It's when you are ridiculed for not following the standard liberal line that it gets

all emotional and screwed up with bickering about what the defintion of "IS" is. See? That's another example.

Talk about an emotional fly off the handle rant. I think you are the libtard.

Yeah, woodypeckerhead is all about hanging on other people's posts to go after somebody

he disagrees with a lot, the little sniveling Gollum.

No Cal, he actually summed up my thoughts on religion perfectly.

"Define somebody's political affiliations religion does not."

-master yoda

No, responding to insults in self defense. You libs never understand

"self-defense".

Want me to post that, which has been done in the past?

It did. But my part was I just voiced a simple general opinion about what

I was reading, somebody jumped at it, and all obamao hit the fan.

Cal did nothing! Anything he says is ALWAYS in response to hurtful, personal attacks. The poor guy.

... But this is going no where.

I want to hear more responses from the discussion we were having on religion. It was interesting hearing Olds viewpoint

bloweshardonwoodypeckerhead blows as part of this board.

At least woody has some merit to the board...he....eh......makes points

about......uh....

never mind. I liked the board better when he finally was able to tear himself

away from personal attacks involving me.

Of course, he started with a few other folks. It's all he has to offer - nonsense.

Be religious, don't be religious, I don't really care.

Many miss the mark on the arguments regarding using religious (mostly Christian) beliefs to influence or create laws. 90% of the "hateful, bigot-face Christians" couldn't care less about your lifestyle, your privacy, etc. They (we) just don't want to pay for your birth control, your weddings, your wedding fucking cake, your mosque, your art, etc. Or be told that we have to like it or support it.

It's amazing that one side claiming tolerance and acceptance can "opt-out" of going to church on Sundays without social repercussion (and be real vocal shitheads about it too), yet the moment a "Christian" "opts-out" of a wedding/abortion/free birth-control/parade/free mosques, it's societal torch and pitchfork time.

Quit being so fucking selfish and demanding.

Selfish? Everyone pays taxes for they don't want to. I don't want as much of my money going to defense spending, but it does. It's a fact of life. Religious groups shouldn't get an exception.

How about my tax money not going to religious groups? They don't pay taxes, why should they benefit from tax payer services?

Selfish? Everyone pays taxes for they don't want to. I don't want as much of my money going to defense spending, but it does. It's a fact of life. Religious groups shouldn't get an exception.

How about my tax money not going to religious groups? They don't pay taxes, why should they benefit from tax payer services?

Such a good little boy!

Ha. Your taxes.

Be religious, don't be religious, I don't really care.

Many miss the mark on the arguments regarding using religious (mostly Christian) beliefs to influence or create laws. 90% of the "hateful, bigot-face Christians" couldn't care less about your lifestyle, your privacy, etc. They (we) just don't want to pay for your birth control, your weddings, your wedding fucking cake, your mosque, your art, etc. Or be told that we have to like it or support it.

It's amazing that one side claiming tolerance and acceptance can "opt-out" of going to church on Sundays without social repercussion (and be real vocal shitheads about it too), yet the moment a "Christian" "opts-out" of a wedding/abortion/free birth-control/parade/free mosques, it's societal torch and pitchfork time.

Quit being so fucking selfish and demanding. Leg

Yup.

Almost a whole year's worth too.

and I already made a point you stupid dick - you "sidetracked" that conversation with your tax history.

I made a point using taxes dumbass. If religious people want to opt out of paying taxes for things they don't like, I want to opt out of my tax money paying for religious use at churches, mosques, etc. They don't pay taxes, why get the benefits?

Also, I have more than a year buddy..... Almost 2... ;)

It is just funny you can attempt to spin not tolerating intolerance as being "selfish". If a religious person thinks abortions are bad, then fine, don't get one. They shouldn't force that on others. You think being gay is a sin? Good for you, but you should be able to discriminate against them and deny the right to treat them equally while hiding behind religion. It's pathetic.

I made a point using taxes dumbass. If religious people want to opt out of paying taxes for things they don't like, I want to opt out of my tax money paying for religious use at churches, mosques, etc. They don't pay taxes, why get the benefits?

It is just funny you can attempt to spin not tolerating intolerance as being "selfish". If a religious person thinks abortions are bad, then fine, don't get one. They shouldn't force that on others. You think being gay is a sin? Good for you, but you should be able to discriminate against them and deny the right to treat them equally while hiding behind religion. It's pathetic.

I was referring to these businesses paying fines because they don't "opt-in". Not worried about the tax issue.

An interesting study conducted a few years ago attempted to put a value on the economic worth of one church. The study estimated that the First Baptist Church of Philadelphia provided over 6 million dollars of economic value to the community, a figure that is nearly 10 times the church's annual budget.

Churches minister to the poor and needy and provide social services. The social benefits churches provide the community and their economic worth justifies its tax exemption. Helping those in need..isn't that what you bleeding heart libfucks are looking for?... Or is that only the responsibility of the govt?

Read up...

http://articles.philly.com/2011-02-01/news/27092987_1_partners-for-sacred-places-congregations-churches

Churches helping people doesn't endear those helped....

to become dependent on the democratic party during elections.

That's why the gov and libs want the gov to do all the helping - dependency locks in votes for them.

In the long run, the poor never figure out that they don't get help, to get on their feet and off the public dole..

....the dems need them to still be

dependent on them the NEXT election. And on it goes....

Also, churches don't receive money or funding from taxes. I'm not sure which Salon article told you they did.

Tax breaks, sure (no income tax etc) but so does every major corporation.

I never said they received direct funding. I said they benefited from tax money and they benefit from tax breaks. Basically, any service that is funded by taxpayers, that a religious building/group could use, even though they never paid into. It is like our entire country is subsidizing religion, even if you don't want to. Religious groups receive more tax breaks than corporations (though shady shit can happen there).

Everyone has to pay for things they don't want to in some way or another, I see no reason why religious groups should be any different. You shouldn't be able to use your religious beliefs as an excuse to be intolerant. Intolerance of intolerance isn't intolerance in itself.

So why should religious groups get to be tax exempt and then also get to decide what they don't want to "fund" that everyone else does? That seems like a lot of special privileges. If religious people/groups can decide they don't want to pay for certain things everyone else does, then I don't want to pay to help support those religious groups.

Also, I don't read Salon. I read The Blaze, Top Right News, Fox, etc...

Archived