THE BROWNS BOARD

Danny Shelton

SkippinTurtles

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

wait a sec, if all you were trading was the 19 and a 2nd rounder....for Shelton? Fuck yeah you jump all over that mark you just got the fuck over on somebody real hard. Of course we're not gonna be able to land Shelton without giving up the 12th pick, be serious. But yeah if we could keep the 12th and move up for our 19th and a 2nd rounder you'd possibly be looking at Shelton and one of the great fucking pass rushers coming out this year.

Has Flugels taken over your body?

My point was that regardless of who plays nose tackle, Johnny Manziel in the same breath as Brady and Ben at this point is laughable ... so, yes, I think you covered that.

Z

LOL - basterd!

We gotta get Manziel away from thinking about funnels, rolled up dollar bills and late night fanny floss before we can consider putting him in the same sentence as Brady. Right now the only thing they have in common right is Seymore Crack (the female kind).

The only thing he has in common with Big Ben is big feet. The difference here is reports don't reveal the little feller has to resort to serial rape or hiring crooked Five-O to allow him to play with kitty and titty.

Speaking of outrageous comparisons. True story. The first time I saw Johnny's Manziels, I wondered if Skippy had some kind of door to door sales job we never heard about in Texas a couple decades ago. I lost a mouth full of beer, hit the deck and got 2 minute abs laughing my ass contemplating the possibility. Mr Manziel goes out the front door; and immediately thereafter Skippy pulls up in a Charles Chips truck and comes in through the back door. He's got FatJeff as a guilty conscience consultant if he ever needs to hear "don't worry about it just buy her a t-shirt and all sins are resolved and forgotten." When I heard Manziel liked going to Vegas - it brought back memories of Skippy talking point spreads while we were getting our Saturday Night game faces on for the Flats. He had to sneak into the hallway to place side bets Hag2 wasn't allowed to know about. Classic stuff....

hey i love shelton too but we only have one second rounder so.......you'd trade 2 of our first 3 picks (19 and 43) for one player? you know what kind of talent lies in the area of those 3 picks? man we'd pass up on some great value for one guy. i don't like the idea when the WR/TE and DE/OLB positions will still need to be addressed and within that area, very good value is still available.

Shelton is my fave too; but thanks for putting this in the right context Mik.

No, but I went and did watch it. I admit, I don't know what I'm seeing. Goldman isn't as dominant against

the run ? Shelton isn't as quick off the snap? I don't see the difference that would warrant a trade up, that's all.

Steeler fans can't talk intelligently about it. They think that the Steelers are good because their fans are superior. (another absolute myth). They don't seem to have a clue that the keys to their recent success have been the presence of a Hall of Fame caliber QB and a Hall of Fame defensive coordinator. They have now lost half of that combination.....but those assfucks think that they can just plug in another guy and they will be just as good. They don't have a clue as to how lucky they are to have taken a BR when they did. They are lucky because for what everything is worth....BR could have turned out to be no better than JMZ. His off field problems were worse than Johnnys. But he was good enough as a QB to overcome all that. Johnny very well may not be.

They think that they can just plug in another guy at DC....and eventually at QB and always be just as good. They are stupid that way.

They are ignorant of their own past. They went from 1982 to 2004 with some lousy QBs....Mark Malone , Bubby Brister, Tommy Maddox. They did pretty well with Neil O'Donnell. They are stupid to the fact that if BR went down again that the likes of Bruce Gradkowski and Landry Jones ain't going to replace him....and that they won't have LeBeau to dig them out of the fire.

The Browns have had a whole series of bad luck with their QBs. The Steelers have had one stroke of good luck....drafting BR....that has sustained them for a decade now. They think that it is their automatic right that that continue.

Patriot fans are probably equally as clueless. Tom Brady won't last forever....and BBs record without Brady at QB? 2 winning seasons, 5 losing seasons. While BB and TB have been a great combination, it is by no means proven that BB can win without Brady. He has not proven to me that he is the equivalent of a Tom Landry or Don Shula, or Joe Gibbs....that he can win with whomever he has had at QB.

BB has losing seasons with Bernie Kosar....and Todd Philcox, with Vinny, with Bledsoe. He had one winning season with Vinny and one with Matt Cassell. Without TB there should be no assumption that the team would be worth a shit just because BB is the coach.

(does that talk satisfy you?)

Who the hell is going to read all that? Did one single person on this board read that post in its entirety? I know we are lucky to have Ben and he's been a huge part of our success, just as Bradshaw was a big part of it. Just as Brady, Manning (even though he chokes) is a part of it.

Oh my god Gipper you are a modern day socrates. You mean FRANCHISE qbs have a dramatic impact on the win column?!? Call up Mike Mayock. You are ready for next years combine! I also don't expect a drop off with the promotion of butler. He's been under Lebeau for the entire time Lebeau was in Pittsburgh. I'm sure he didn't learn anything AT ALL during that time and the Steelers front office figured "Oh screw it, its time for the old man to go". You really aren't very smart. Please insert paragraphs next time. You ramble like a hobo on a night train bender.

Who the hell is going to read all that? Did one single person on this board read that post in its entirety? Vagwhiner

I did, it would have been a bit tougher in the third grade, but what is your problem? The squealers have some

problems, and you squealer trolls who keep bragging about the past are certainly sounding sillier each year.

Not much of a retort - "waaaaaa - that's too much to read"..............really?.

Yes, your steriod team history - wr's who get open, and a defense with the right pieces, won some super bowls.

It's history. You're annoying. Congrats on your success with that. Gip does a nice job pretty much trying to keep you

from looking like too much of a twerp. I don't have his patience.

Who the hell is going to read all that? Did one single person on this board read that post in its entirety? Vagwhiner

I did, it would have been a bit tougher in the third grade, but what is your problem? The squealers have some

problems, and you squealer trolls who keep bragging about the past are certainly sounding sillier each year.

Not much of a retort - "waaaaaa - that's too much to read"..............really?.

Yes, your steriod team history - wr's who get open, and a defense with the right pieces, won some super bowls.

It's history. You're annoying. Congrats on your success with that. Gip does a nice job pretty much trying to keep you

from looking like too much of a twerp. I don't have his patience.

My point was his rant was ridiculous and long BUT most of his posts are so a lot of people are used to it. I'm not surprised you read it all. If I had to tab 5 people that do you would be one. You are on of the more ridiculous and sheltered people on this board. Don't you have a tea party drum to beat at the ignorance parade somewhere?

Who the hell is going to read all that? Did one single person on this board read that post in its entirety? I know we are lucky to have Ben and he's been a huge part of our success, just as Bradshaw was a big part of it. Just as Brady, Manning (even though he chokes) is a part of it.

Oh my god Gipper you are a modern day socrates. You mean FRANCHISE qbs have a dramatic impact on the win column?!? Call up Mike Mayock. You are ready for next years combine! I also don't expect a drop off with the promotion of butler. He's been under Lebeau for the entire time Lebeau was in Pittsburgh. I'm sure he didn't learn anything AT ALL during that time and the Steelers front office figured "Oh screw it, its time for the old man to go". You really aren't very smart. Please insert paragraphs next time. You ramble like a hobo on a night train bender.

Gipper's a GREAT read. He's just old school so if that gives all you Trailer Park Shakespeare types in Pittsburgh public panic attacks Vagina - find a tutor to help you figure out what the right thing to do when you see his next post. Okay cupcake?

Gipper just got1 thatta boy wealthier!!!!

Two questions:

Did we need another Shelton thread?

Who pissed off Gip this AM?

I see Brown as being as immovable as Shelton vs. the run, but lacking Shelton's versatility to attack and pressure the middle of the pocket on passing downs.

I don't know; but I'm starting to feel guilty I'm part of the reason Cupid just retired from exhaustion over all the Shelton love.

Am I the only knucklehead worried about a potential lawsuit from Hallmark here? Stay tuned...

Gotta say.....I know of one person who reads em and replies.......everytime......on and on and on and on......endlessly....

It looks like Vagina ended up with a mouth on the hook here Mud. That said, it was hard not to fully enjoy the priceless irony of Vag announcing how few should be reading Gipper with any degree of regularity as Vag gets busted for doing so. That's like Bart Simpson or Eddie Haskell giving advice on good behavior... Even better, we got that entertainment for free...

Pittsburgh fans hate it when we don't see the same Walt Disney stories they're buying about Ben Rapen, Domestic Violence Poster Boy - James Harrison and others. But don't you dare tell them "False Glory: Steelers and Steroids" is non-fiction or they're gonna turn the conversation into a Jerry Springer episode. Understanding all that, where is there any chance for intelligent conversation with that fan-base? You're gonna have better luck with a pet rock or gold fish.

There's a lot more than 5 people that appreciate what Gipper continues to offer this place. Nobody is putting a gun to the temple of those that don't...

Mean while back at the thread...

Would you package the #19 pick and a second rounder for Shelton. Dude would would anchor the defense for a decade.

As someone else pointed out... Hell ya! Since the trade might well have to be as high as with ATL at #8 to bag Shelton, that would be fair value or slightly favoring us per the old chart.

But here's the kicker... we'd still have our #12 to trade down and it'd easily net us a replacement #2.

Glad you said that Tour......meant to reply to CF4L after I read his post yesterday....

wait a sec, if all you were trading was the 19 and a 2nd rounder....for Shelton? Fuck yeah you jump all over that .

Gotta say I didn't think of this scenario.....always had #12 as the price to pay....BUT, Id give 19 and our second, assuming I still had 12.....yep...Id do that....

But then....looking at moving up into the top 5 or 6......I might get eyes for a Leonard or Beasley.....

no way man. you're talking about trading the 12, 19 and the second rounder to move up to the 5th pick ala a trade up for mariota etc.?

scenario #1: danny shelton (picks 12, 19 and 43)

scenario #2: a DT, OLB and WR

hmmmmmm????????

now if you're talking moving up to 5 getting that pick ANF having the #12 as well then that's different. you just better not whiff on those first 2 picks.

now if you're talking moving up to 5 getting that pick ANF having the #12 as well then that's different. you just better not whiff on those first 2 picks.

yes.....trading 19 & our second for a top 5 kind of pick.......so, for instance, we get #4 from Oakland and still have #12......

heyyyyyyyyyyyyy....wait a cotton pickin second......oakland needs a WR and LOTS of picks....we could sweeten it with some JG rights.....(just their kinda player)

heyyyyyyyyyyyyy....wait a cotton pickin second......oakland needs a WR and LOTS of picks....we could sweeten it with some JG rights.....(just their kinda player)

if any team were to do that deal it would be the raiders for sure....

the question is now though, if you could get up to 5 who do you take? what i've read from pettine is that the NT isn't 'his' #1 priority for the draft:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2410507-browns-draft-stock-watch-5-players-rising-and-falling-on-clevelands-board/page/5

By Andrea Hangst, Featured Columnist

Mar 27, 2015

Not that long ago, the Browns were considered one of the front-runners for the services of Washington nose tackle Danny Shelton. The Browns had moved on from Ahtyba Rubin, who had held down their nose tackle position last season, so it seemed only logical to add a young and large player like Shelton to join Ishmaa'ily Kitchen in replacing Rubin and improving the position.

However, that seems less likely to happen now, particularly in Round 1. Browns head coach Mike Pettine, speaking at the NFL owners meetings in Arizona, said that Phil Taylor will be the team's primary nose tacklethis season, backed up or spelled by Kitchen in the rotation. Last year, Taylor played out of position at defensive end before being placed on injured reserve in November with a knee injury.

This year, it looks like Taylor will be back to taking on double-teams in the middle of the defensive line. With him and backup Kitchen, the Browns no longer have an immediate and glaring need at nose tackle. Though they may draft defensive line depth, no longer does Shelton—or any of the top defensive tackle prospects—seem in the cards for the Browns in Round 1.

yep, it's from bleacher report so we all know it's just fluff, but it does bring up the question.

Thats the million dollar question......if it's #4, they're probably after Leonard......

but, assuming both QB's are gone it'll leave you 3 outta 4 of Shelton -Beasley - Leonard or Fowler....choose your poison....

yeah...I waffle on it.....very happy Im not the one who has to choose....

Part of me says get the dynamic LB first, cause he wont be there at 12,,,,,while theres a good chance that Shelton, Ray or Brown would still be there....letting you get 2 defensive starters, instead of one....

tough tough choice....brrrr

yeah...I waffle on it.....very happy Im not the one who has to choose....

Part of me says get the dynamic LB first, cause he wont be there at 12,,,,,while theres a good chance that Shelton, Ray or Brown would still be there....letting you get 2 defensive starters, instead of one....

tough tough choice....brrrr

Ray? Shane Ray? I keep telling people not to be shocked if he's the first pass rusher off the board. I'm honestly not all that impressed with Gregory or Fowler. Atlanta plays a ton of 4down so it's a natural fit for them.

Gotta say.....I know of one person who reads em and replies.......everytime......on and on and on and on......endlessly....

All you old timers really get a kick out of yourselves. As far as Shelton is concerned doesn't he project at DT? You have Phil Taylor unless the team would put Shelton at end where I think he's out of position. Taylor sure as hell can't play de

i myself would take shelton all day long considering you have to question whether taylor can last a whole season.

Two firsts in dt's? If they were interested in Shelton i would think Taylor would have been moved and not Rubin.

All you old timers really get a kick out of yourselves. As far as Shelton is concerned doesn't he project at DT? You have Phil Taylor unless the team would put Shelton at end where I think he's out of position. Taylor sure as hell can't play de

Actually Phil fills quite well when he's the SDE.

Two firsts in dt's? If they were interested in Shelton i would think Taylor would have been moved and not Rubin.

Rubin is gone, Taylor is coming off injury and might not be back next year. Gives the Browns the ability to make sure Shelton's conditioning is top notch and gradually bring him along in the defense.

Is that not plausible?

Actually Phil fills quite well when he's the SDE.

Rubin is gone, Taylor is coming off injury and might not be back next year. Gives the Browns the ability to make sure Shelton's conditioning is top notch and gradually bring him along in the defense.

Is that not plausible?

I know Rubin is gone. Phil is huge for a de. I don't see them drafting Shelton.

Archived