THE BROWNS BOARD

Roger Goodell: We take Browns texting "VERY SERIOUSLY"

WalterWhite

I don't know other than the Jets calling out the Patriots any other claims that have been made. Teams can actually negotiate 3 days prior to free agency starting but cannot actually execute a contract until the free agent period begins.

The Jets filing is petty retaliation for the Pats legit tampering filing when Jets owner, Woody Johnson said in a published interview, that the Jets would like Revis back. He said this during the period when Revis was still under contract with the Pats giving them exclusive negotiating rights.

As I understand it the League's "outcry" was around the fact that deals and terms were being finalized over the weekend starting with Suh and the Fins. This was over the new, imaginary, "OK to express interest and a deal framework" line that replaced the previous nudge nudge wink wink, "we know you're talking, but will ignore it" line of previous years. No real difference, but at least teams had the good sense not to openly ignore the prior prohibition.

In my mind the text was innocent enough and not the same as...say....a phone call. With 2 way communication and intent.

No...I see a text as more of an email...or message....that could just be a normal memo type of communication...

Ima keep harping on it......and it doesn't eliminate Farmer from all the liability here......but the RULES are no phones on the sidelines....and it wasn't Farmer who was on the side line using his phone.....

and Im also gonna guess that, along with his expectation that Shanny's phone was off, Farmer also never expected his Offensive Coordinator to snitch his team out to the press and bring all this down on his own players, co workers and boss....

Has any coach EVER done this to his own team????

All true... but if the phone is off, then a note pad was a viable option... or at least a draft e-mail.

Content, time sent and time read should all be known by the league. With interviews long complete I've no idea why no action has been taken.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's where we will agree to disagree :)

I'm going to hold final judgment out until the Browns receive their penalty but if it is as severe as some are reporting I won't care about Farmer's intent, Shanahan's morals (or lack there of) or whether or not the Patriots cheat. I'll care about what our GM knowingly, or for being inept, cost the franchise.

man, you are one hardass. i hope you never fuck up on your job and have a boss as prick-headed as you.

god bless your wife and kids. geeez.

Here's another one where the head coach made a call to team officials from the sideline......$25,000 fine.....

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2281519

So, there it is again....the precedent has been established.....

I think it more closely resembles SpyGate which is what makes me nervous.

man, you are one hardass. i hope you never fuck up on your job and have a boss as prick-headed as you.

god bless your wife and kids. geeez.

Mik I'm as flawed as the next guy. I also think all things aren't equal. If the guy forgets my sweet n sour sauce at McDonald's that's different then a guy in charge of a $100 million dollar payroll costing that team possible greatness. With the ascension to GM there are many more responsibilities and consequences.

Oh and rest easy no second generation bacons running wild out there.

And what do you bet that Deflate-gate won't be solved until after the draft. Its been three months investigating how the air got deflated in the football before the game. By now they could have found Jimmy Hoffa.

IF the Browns lost a first round pick, considering the money we would save and the high probability of a shit pick, wouldn't that actually be a GOOD thing?

With the CBA of 2011 rookie wages are scaled back, but it could be good as you speculate.

Browns GM Ray Farmer also expected to be suspended for Text-gate role but Cleveland is not expected to lose a draft pick, per sources.

And that's the way it should be. If I recall, Farmer has a pretty experienced right-hand man/mentor he brought over from KC.

Zombo

And that's the way it should be. If I recall, Farmer has a pretty experienced right-hand man/mentor he brought over from KC.

Zombo

Bill Kuharich Executive Chief of Staff

Bill Kuharich
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Bill Kuharich is an American professional football executive, specializing in player-personnel (i.e., evaluating and selecting players); he has also held the General Manager position. Over his career, Kuharich has been widely regarded as one the National Football League's best evaluators and accurate predictors of athletic talent. Kuharich is the son of the late Joe Kuharich, former college and NFL head coach. He attended Middlebury College graduating in 1976 with a degree in History, and received a Masters in Education from St. Lawrence University. He also attended Deerfield Academy, Malvern Prep and Waldron Academy.
In the mid-1980s, Kuharich was Assistant General Manager/Director of Player Personnel for the Philadelphia/Baltimore Stars of the United States Football League. The team won the USFL championship two out of the three years the league existed.
Kuharich worked in multiple capacities for the New Orleans Saints, from 1986 to 1999, as: Director of Player Personnel (1986–1993); Vice President of Football Operations (1994–1995); Executive Vice President/General Manager (1996); and, President/General Manager/Chief Operating Officer (1997–1999). During his tenure, the team acquired (eventual) Pro Bowl-grade players such as Willie Roaf, Sammy Knight, and La'Roi Glover.
As the Kansas City Chiefs' Pro Personnel Director (2000-2005), Kuharich helped orchestrate the acquisitions of Priest Holmes, Eddie Kennison, Trent Green and (eventual NFL Hall of Famer), Willie Roaf. Kuharich was promoted to Vice-President of Player Personnel in 2006; between 2006 and 2008, they acquired standouts like Tamba Hali; Dwayne Bowe; Brandon Flowers; Jamaal Charles, and Brandon Carr. Kuharich was released by the Chiefs on April 29, 2009.
On February 11, 2014, Kuharich was hired by the Cleveland Browns to advise first-time General Manager Ray Farmer on player-personnel. Farmer had worked under Kuharich when both were with the Chiefs.
On May 20, 2014, Kuharich was named Executive Chief of staff by the Cleveland Browns. Kuharich plays a pivotal role in the organization's personnel's moves, including the college and pro scouting departments, serving as a key cog in all facets of the Brown' process of evaluating and acquiring talent. He will also assist GM Ray Farmer in key decisions in the team's overall strategic vision as well as decisions involving NFL league matters.[1]

Yep, the NFL can still 'send a message' by coming down hard on the person, and not the team. Fine and suspended him, I'm good with that.

Would a suspension mean he isn't in the war room come the draft....?

Depends on when the suspension starts...........

You'd think "game suspensions", but who knows.

If the board is set, as it will be, then a draft day suspension should not affect the picking, but I'd think the deal making impact would be significant.

Archived