THE BROWNS BOARD

man some of you are really hooked on this left vs right narrative

Clevfan4life

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It honest to goodness drives me crazy. You have a two party system which has now basically devolved to each party taking opposite stances on every issue. You ask a standard republican voter to name something Obama has got right in his presidency and they'd be hard pressed to name something I'm sure. And vice versa for liberals/Bush.

Every issue gets politicised whether it should be or not.

I mean i'll fully admit that the people im most usually annoyed with are conservatives but not because they're always wrong, they're not...but that they never seem to want to have a calm reasonable discussion. Everything is FOX chicken little now with them. But yeah both sides are getting to be annoying as dog shit on your nice new kicks.

politics are supposed to be messy :o

and as an avowed conservative I am glad to be able to speak out!

Welcome to the republican / conservative / tea party / libertarian / independant party - the one that is MOSTLY Inclusive

VS the liberals _ democrats - a singular entity, kind of like a single file brown nosing organization.

Take your pick!

It isn't. But then it also isn't true that every minority who's a democrat is simply a democrat because they want gubmint handouts. The republicans have themselves to blame for being stereotyped because of how utterly offensive they can be.

Well you could make that case for both parties and in both cases you would be speaking of the far side of the party.

It isn't. But then it also isn't true that every minority who's a democrat is simply a democrat because they want gubmint handouts. The republicans have themselves to blame for being stereotyped because of how utterly offensive they can be.

I would hope we have all learned not to use words like every or all around this place just because some asshole can always argue "Well what if there is one who doesn't???"

Just as an exercise what reasons do you think there are that certain groups of people vote for certain parties? Especially in the case of African Americans when it is 97%?

I mean even though it was a little lopsided evangelistic Christians didn't vote 97% for the Republicans.

WSS

Just as an exercise what reasons do you think there are that certain groups of people vote for certain parties? Especially in the case of African Americans when it is 97%?

I have no idea i'm not African American, but go on...i'm sure you have a well thought through reason based on unimpugnable empirical evidence.

Just to refresh your memory. So again give me some other reasons.

WSS

Just to refresh your memory. So again give me some other reasons.

WSS

are you seriously asking me to give you other reasons why blacks vote democrat other than govt handouts? you're really asking me to disprove an offensive stereotype not based on reality?

Prove to me then all jews aren't disreputable Zionist liars and cheats who shouldn't be allowed near any form of financial authority.

The republicans are absolutely inclusive! You know, as long as you're white, male, straight, and middle class.

Middle class?

I thought the republicans were for the rich?

As for the middle class, it seems that both sides don't care for them.

The republicans want the rich to get richer,

The democrats want the poor to stay poor.

are you seriously asking me to give you other reasons why blacks vote democrat other than govt handouts? you're really asking me to disprove an offensive stereotype not based on reality?

Prove to me then all jews aren't disreputable Zionist liars and cheats who shouldn't be allowed near any form of financial authority.

You made a statement. I'm just asking you for examples. I think every voting bloc does so more or less for their own self-interest. You took offense to Republicans or fox or whoever your boogie man is for generalizing.

And but for your infantile rage I don't know where you got the idea that I called African Americans liars cheaters or whatever glowing terms you used for Jews.

WSSrs

It honest to goodness drives me crazy. You have a two party system which has now basically devolved to each party taking opposite stances on every issue. You ask a standard republican voter to name something Obama has got right in his presidency and they'd be hard pressed to name something I'm sure. And vice versa for liberals/Bush.

Every issue gets politicised whether it should be or not.

And that is why our Government doesn't accomplish near what they should.

You made a statement. I'm just asking you for examples. I think every voting bloc does so more or less for their own self-interest. You took offense to Republicans or fox or whoever your boogie man is for generalizing.

And but for your infantile rage I don't know where you got the idea that I called African Americans li or cheaters or whatever glowing terms you used for Jews.

WSSrs

I made a statement of fact regarding a large diverse group of people who probably vote "whatever" for all kinds of reasons. You claim a 97% figure but you realize that's predicated on self reporting right? Do you already see the problem there or do you need it explained? I'm pretty sure out of all the black people that vote in elections it's more than 3% that vote other than democrat. But i'm also pretty sure that the actual voting rate amongst black people is probably pretty low so you can't draw any conclusive figures in any case.

And where did you get the idea that I had the idea you called African americans liars and cheats? You obviously don't understand the point of that statement. It's an offensive stereotype of jews. Just as the notion that black people vote democrat solely cause dey want dey welfare checks. It's a pretty persistent stereotype that white republicans keep pushing and it's disingenuine and offensive that you have to be on welfare to have the temerity to vote democrat. So this is why the shit eating small cock life having stereotypes of republicans also persist.

There is a large portion of Texans that are poor as dirt trailer trash rednecks, that will vote for the Republicans simply for religion and guns. Then there is the rich elitist liberal snobs in Austin, that vote Democrat simply because they don't want to smell exhaust fumes while they jog in the middle of the street smoking a joint. I guess my point is everybody has specific reasons for voting for whomever and it doesn't necessarily make as much sense as it should. It could literally come down to one factor or another.

1 no that's not self reporting. That was a statistic about the Obama election. it has been countered buy some that it wasn't just Obama but blacks to vote over 90 percent Democrat. I suppose we could look that up if you're calling me a liar or if you don't think that's true.

2 your example was that I prove to you that all Jews are not liars or cheats or whatever fucking term you used. that's where I got that phraseology. just take a deep breath and try to discuss things without being irate.

WSS

There is a large portion of Texans that are poor as dirt trailer trash rednecks, that will vote for the Republicans simply for religion and guns. Then there is the rich elitist liberal snobs in Austin, that vote Democrat simply because they don't want to smell exhaust fumes while they jog in the middle of the street smoking a joint. I guess my point is everybody has specific reasons for voting for whomever and it doesn't necessarily make as much sense as it should. It could literally come down to one factor or another.

Well quite possibly but there's a huge percentage of pillbillies, or as logic calls them hillbillies, who hate the Republicans for trying to curtail access to disability welfare and pain meds.

Also African Americans are more likely to be Christians than whites in general. shouldn't be surprising as the church is often the center of the neighborhood and community.

but Christians did not vote overwhelmingly for the white or Republican candidate.

WSS

1 no that's not self reporting. That was a statistic about the Obama election. it has been countered buy some that it wasn't just Obama but blacks to vote over 90 percent Democrat. I suppose we could look that up if you're calling me a liar or if you don't think that's true.

2 your example was that I prove to you that all Jews are not liars or cheats or whatever fucking term you used. that's where I got that phraseology. just take a deep breath and try to discuss things without being irate.

WSS

dude, what is an exit poll? it's a form of self reporting. And do you think "EVERY" black person was questioned that walked out of a poll? Did every black person oblige when asked? Did every black person tell the truth? I mean c'mon man this isn't calculus.

Well quite possibly but there's a huge percentage of pillbillies, or as logic calls them hillbillies, who hate the Republicans for trying to curtail access to disability welfare and pain meds.

Also African Americans are more likely to be Christians than whites in general. shouldn't be surprising as the church is often the center of the neighborhood and community.

but Christians did not vote overwhelmingly for the quite or Republican candidate.

WSS

That could be because republicans RARELY reach out and campaign to the black communities while the democrats do. Not saying they should or shouldn't, but you can't expect that vote if you don't care about or reach out for it.

Archived