THE BROWNS BOARD

man some of you are really hooked on this left vs right narrative

Clevfan4life

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They should never make more than their starting 30k'ish salaries. Cleve

Free benefits equals salary to you? That all you got in terms of straw men?

I married an outstanding teacher. They work for the gov. Gov policies gave them

tenure, job security to the max, and they have liberal culture war authority via common core,

thanks to Obamao.

And most of them are women - read up on "nesters". A lot of them are very liberal. Some of them

pretend to be liberal, to avoid peer pressure. My Wifie is just as conservative as I am, and at one point,

she had the union rep and a few other teachers giving her the business about not voting for their dem candidates.

She didn't say she wouldn't, didn't. She just wouldn't say how she was voting, and that ticked them off.

Well, I would have shown up at the school at an open house, and solved that damn problem, but she

was so highly respected by everybody else, they heard it about it from her, and they slammed the door on

that crap.

The teachers unions HATE property taxes etc, being a funder for education. Why? because people VOTE

on that crap. And they VOTE on school levies. That means they are held accountable, and that is a liberal

anger point. Liberals do NOT ever want to be accountable.

So they want the state funding to be totally out of the public's hands, as long as they can still

curry favor with the solid, permanent backing of the dems, and dems are in office.

I love the right to work movement. The unions should have no right to demand new employees to be

dues slaves to have a job. If a company is terrific, and there is no need for a union, why the hell should

every employee have to join or else? That's like mafia protection money.

If you go to work for a company that has a poor standing with employees, a new employee would

INSIST on joing the union. Unions have so much arrogance and control of matters, it's tough to get

them off their high horses.

So arrogant, that the NEA HATED HATED HATED BUSH for NCLB. However, it was also Ted Kennedy.

Ted Kennedy was a driving force behind NCLB also. But you ever hear of the NEA criticizing Ted Kennedy

back then? HELL NO. There were some serious flaws to nclb. One of them involving special education students.

http://educationfrontblog.dallasnews.com/2009/08/ted-kennedy-and-no-child-left.html/

But all you ever heard of nclb from them, was Bush bashing, republican bashing and election manipulation emotional

language over it.

That is why I tell you, that the teachers unions and dems in gov pander to each other.

I spent the last three weeks in the hood contracting for cmha working in the springbrook, wade park, Addison and Willson apartment buildings. Whenever I doubt my reasoning for driving an hour or more each morning for work I look at a place like that. It's lIke being in hell there.

I spent the last three weeks in the hood contracting for cmha working in the springbrook, wade park, Addison and Willson apartment buildings. Whenever I doubt my reasoning for driving an hour or more each morning for work I look at a place like that. It's lIke being in hell there.

I have to go to Wade Park occasionally (VA) and usually take 90 to Martin Luther King, then right to the Hospital. Not a good area a few blocks from there. But University Circle area is nice.

It honest to goodness drives me crazy. You have a two party system which has now basically devolved to each party taking opposite stances on every issue. You ask a standard republican voter to name something Obama has got right in his presidency and they'd be hard pressed to name something I'm sure. And vice versa for liberals/Bush.

Every issue gets politicised whether it should be or not.

If you think the Democrats and Republicans are taking opposite sides and dueling to the death on each issue you are not paying attention. And I would rather have Congress gridlocked than doing stupid stuff.

Some dude named John C. Calhoun had this to say about political parties back in the 1800s

The Federal Government is no longer under the control of the people, but of a combination of active politicians, who are banded together under the name of Democrats or Whigs, and whose exclusive object is to obtain the control of the honours and emoluments of the government. They have the control of almost the entire press of the country, and constitute a vast majority of Congress. . . . With them a regard for principle, or this or that line of policy, is a mere pretext. They are perfectly indifferent to either, and their whole effort is to make up on both sides such issues as they may think for the time to be the most popular, regardless of truth or consequences.”

The republicans are absolutely inclusive! You know, as long as you're white, male, straight, and middle class.

You're not paying attention. Jeb Bush and about 300 "establishment" Republicans came out to embrace the gay, just in time for the 2016 elections.

They should never make more than their starting 30k'ish salaries. Cleve

Free benefits equals salary to you? That all you got in terms of straw men?

I married an outstanding teacher. They work for the gov. Gov policies(collective bargaining) gave them

tenure, job security to the max, and they have liberal culture war authority via common core,

thanks to Obamao

The teachers unions HATE property taxes etc, being a funder for education. Why? because people VOTE

on that crap. And they VOTE on school levies. That means they are held accountable, and that is a liberal

anger point. Liberals do NOT ever want to be accountable.

So they want the state funding to be totally out of the public's hands, as long as they can still

curry favor with the solid, permanent backing of the dems, and dems are in office. And politicians, both Dem and Rep, have avoided the Supreme Court ruling that schools in Ohio are unconstitutionally funded....neither party takes on the task of reworking it Cal.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DeRolph_v._State

I love the right to work movement. The unions should have no right to demand new employees to be

dues slaves to have a job. If a company is terrific, and there is no need for a union, why the hell should

every employee have to join or else? That's like mafia protection money. Free benefits equals salary to you? (so you are in favor of your wife freeloading off of her union benefits and not paying union dues? Hypocrisy in your view there sir.

Well, JB, in a word, baloney. There isn't any hypocrisy. And, collective bargaining has nothing to do

with the states adopting common core standards.

Non union teachers get the collective bargain raises - this is part of the collective bargain agreements.

But those non unioners don't get any union rep when treated unfairly - wrongly charged, rifted, etc.

As I see it - the right to work would keep state and national unions from being locked in to self interests,

and ignoring the members on a local level. As in, locked in to the democratic party.

More and more, teachers are demanding to be able to opt out of their funds going to politics because

they see the national interest as being damaged.

My Wifie was always a member. It was a good thing. But when there comes a time when the state and national

union brass play union self interest politics with a complete disregard of the local membership in all the districts...

it's time those local districts have recourse, which is a movement that has been a long time coming.

For me its not about being hooked on the right vs. left narrative, it's about right vs. wrong period...and liberals are wrong.

Liberals need conservatives more than conservatives need liberals.

If every fuckin liberal/democrat white, black, gay, whatever disappeared, America would thrive.

If every conservative disappeared this country would implode.

Just see how quickly your compassion for the "downtrodden" entitlement seekers wears off when its all on you to foot the bill....as you liberals start to adopt the conservative mantra of responsibility and self reliance.

If all conservatives disappeared then you whitey liberals could finally impose a self ban on guns... except now only the criminals would have them, primarily the inner city thugs.

Gee, you could even abolish the INS and the border patrol, and in place of a fence, erect a giant marquee with the same inscription that is on the Statue of Liberty.. “Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free.”...but then again you would have no use for future democrat voters in an all democrat country.

You could increase the minimum wage as high as your bleeding hearts desire... what a great way to inspire entrepreneurs to innovate and start businesses knowing that the fruits of their efforts and risks will be equally distributed amongst them and their employees. What a great way to inspire the hamburger flipper to better himself too.

You can abolish all religion and religious organizations who's charity and social work provides more value to a community than if they were subject to being taxed. Or just tax the fuck out of them. Fuck the community. Tax the church out of existence.

But more important than all that, your gay brothers will never have to worry about getting their fucking wedding cake.

I remember times when libs on this board would bitch every single day about

Bush and Cheney. And often, they said "Bush is the failure president as long as one person

who wants to work, is unemployed. The buck stops with him"

yeah. Now?

The leftist sounds of silence. Yes, it's far more a matter of principle with conservatives and libertarians,

and no principle at all with liberals/progressive/marxists/free stuff sumbeeches.

You're not paying attention. Jeb Bush and about 300 "establishment" Republicans came out to embrace the gay, just in time for the 2016 elections.

I know you think that's a gotcha but isn't that what Obama did after his second election? If you work all he was anti gay marriage. Didn't want to upset all those churchgoers in the hood.

WSS

And as this thread twists and turns like the Cuyahoga River I thought I'd mention that only sad has given me a rational reason for the 95 percent black vote for Democrats. I still think 50 years is a long time to put up with the study decay of your community after such legislation but...

WSS

And as this thread twists and turns like the Cuyahoga River I thought I'd mention that only sad has given me a rational reason for the 95 percent black vote for Democrats. I still think 50 years is a long time to put up with the study decay of your community after such legislation but...

WSS

Or, another way to put it, "someone has given me a reason for the 95% black vote"

Blacks trend democrat - have done for some time now, since about the 30's according to the article sad (?) posted, and that got reinforced with desegregation. Black voting for dems was about 88% for Kerry, and rose by around 10% for Obama to the mid 90s.

Women voted 51% democrat in 2004 for Kerry - in 2012, that rose about 10% to 56% for Obama, for what it's worth.

There was a large increase in blacks who actually voted - but the rise in percentage terms who voted democrat was seemingly in line with other demographic splits.

Vote by education in 2008 election is interesting - Obama won on all levels. Not sure how that plays in to the "only uneducated freebie grabbers vote for Obama" rhetoric I've seen in the past.

Vote by education in 2008 election is interesting - Obama won on all levels. Not sure how that plays in to the "only uneducated freebie grabbers vote for Obama" rhetoric I've seen in the past.

I don't know anyone who has made that claim. Yes indeed the country was weary of the party in power. Yes indeed the deadbeats wanted free s***. And yes indeed minorities came out in stronger numbers. Of course middle class liberals also vote for more free s*** for the deadbeats. Not just for themselves, but voting that way makes them feel like they've done something. and frankly I might vote for somebody that offered me some benefit rather than just a guilt trip about how I don't love poor people. Obama won the election fair and square all I'm saying it is if you want free s*** vote Democrat.

WSS

I don't know anyone who has made that claim. Yes indeed the country was weary of the party in power. Yes indeed the deadbeats wanted free s***. And yes indeed minorities came out in stronger numbers. Of course middle class liberals also vote for more free s*** for the deadbeats. Not just for themselves, but voting that way makes them feel like they've done something. and frankly I might vote for somebody that offered me some benefit rather than just a guilt trip about how I don't love poor people. Obama won the election fair and square all I'm saying it is if you want free s*** vote Democrat.

WSS

Its not just the free shit ticket that got Obama elected. that's a gross oversimplification. But it was his image that got him elected. He stood in stark juxtaposition with McCain. Young. Black. Slick talking. And yes black went the farthest toward getting him in office. People were starstruck. THIS was going to be the guy who cured all social ills, who would push blacks out of the ghetto and into dr. Huxtable's house, whether they were willing to work for it or not. He was going to end all the war, make every one accept gays put everyone to work. I mean these are ridiculous pipe dreams that no one could ever possibly hope to fulfill but when you want to believe something it's easier to swallow.

Obamao made promises, way too many promises, and most all he never kept.

Shep glorified him - most brilliant...will be post racial, post partisan, make us so

respected in the world, transparent administration, believed in the 2nd Amendment, believed in REAL MARRIAGE,

would cut the budget in half by the end

of his four years, would solve terrorism by understanding Islam....

the list is long. And on every point, it was complete bullcrap. He's done the opposite. And still, somehow, he convinced

a lot of people that he just didn't have enough time the first time...to give them free stuff, and cheap Obamaocare.

So, here we are. Screwed badly in so many ways as a country.

Obamao and Higgardly are frauds.

Jindal, Walker, Carson, Rubio and Cruz and some others, are the real deal.

I'll take the real deal this next time.

Or we are worse than screwed over as a country.

I know you think that's a gotcha but isn't that what Obama did after his second election? If you work all he was anti gay marriage. Didn't want to upset all those churchgoers in the hood.

WSS

Not a gotcha. Hillary has done the same thing - reversing course form positions that she held when Bubba was in the white house.

The reality is that "the religious right" started leaving the Republican party in droves in 2008 with McCain, moreso with Romney, and with the majority of "establishment" republicans at the Federal Level now opposing DOMA and RFRA type actions it would be a major mistake to think in Reagan era terms.

I have no good way ie polling or statistics to prove this but the "religious right" was largely "Reagan democrats" who now have no place to go to outside beyond state level politics.

Archived