THE BROWNS BOARD

Would you trade our two first round picks for Philip Rivers?

Adoug319

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't feel educated enough to answer. But those of you saying no, why?

He is on the wrong side of 30 for a QB that hasn't won anything with a better offense (for the most part) then our current one and he would want a lot of money. Now if it was 33 year old Tom Brady or Peyton Manning I would take him but it isn't.....

The stupid rumors always involve the Browns one way or another. A CBS sports analyst has the Browns trading their 12, 43 and fifth round to Redskins for Mariota. That just doesn't make sense to mortgage the future on a rookie unproven and another past his prime. Even if all the Browns needed was a QB, I would still say no. Since last year we have lost TJ Ward, Skrine, Sheard, Cameron and Rubin not to mention Josh Gordon. Shouldn't the front office replace the players we have lost and build on the young talent we retained?

Rivers would never agree to a deal with Cleveland thank God. He's not happy about the Chargers potential move to L.A. And would opt out in favor of playing on a team closer to his home. So that's how the rumor started with a potential mock trade with San Diego and Tenessee.

I don't feel educated enough to answer. But those of you saying no, why?

If (which he wouldn't) but if he would sign a 4 or 5 year deal to play here I would certainly think about it. But it doesn't matter. He isn't coming here.

I don't feel educated enough to answer. But those of you saying no,

He is on the wrong side of 30 for a QB that hasn't won anything with a better offense (for the most part) then our current one and he would want a lot of money. Now if it was 33 year old Tom Brady or Peyton Manning I would take him but it isn't.....

He still has 3 or 4 years left. He's honestly underrated and the Chargers are not that good. He's the most passionate QB in the league, is like Dez Bryant almost too emotional in terms of wanting to win.

He still has 3 or 4 years left. He's honestly underrated and the Chargers are not that good. He's the most passionate QB in the league, is like Dez Bryant almost too emotional in terms of wanting to win.

You are right about hi being passionate, his "Mic'ed up" segments are so cool. But I guess I was referencing when he had in his prime Antonio Gates and LaDainan Tomlinson and they still didn't get much done

You are right about hi being passionate, his "Mic'ed up" segments are so cool. But I guess I was referencing when he had in his prime Antonio Gates and LaDainan Tomlinson and they still didn't get much done

I admit I don't know much about the Chargers, and perhaps he underachieved back then. But what he did 2 seasons ago was special. He was on fire and willed his team to the playoffs. Last year wasnt bad either

31 TDs

18 INTs

4,286 Yds

93.8 Rating

Isn't he about a top 8 QB? In response to an above poster, if we were only a QB away, I would definitely take him. And lots of people seem to think we basically are (of course no one's ever really just one player away but we're about as close as you get).

Isn't he about a top 8 QB? In response to an above poster, if we were only a QB away, I would definitely take him. And lots of people seem to think we basically are (of course no one's ever really just one player away but we're about as close as you get).

He was ranked 10th in QBR last season., one spot ahead of Andrew Luck. So Top 10.

An QB is the one position that can mask inadequacies. Just look at Luck with the Colts.

love phillip rivers and his game....passion for the game.

first 2 rounders? no. a 4th round pick and a player/pick to be named later.........hell the f yeah.

Yeah man 2 first rounders is pricey... But if we get the man here, we're a playoff team

I admit I don't know much about the Chargers, and perhaps he underachieved back then. But what he did 2 seasons ago was special. He was on fire and willed his team to the playoffs. Last year wasnt bad either

31 TDs

18 INTs

4,286 Yds

93.8 Rating

If Brian Hoyer had put up numbers like that he would have been voted Mayor.

Since last year we have lost TJ Ward, Skrine, Sheard, Cameron and Rubin not to mention Josh Gordon. Shouldn't the front office replace the players we have lost and build on the young talent we retained?

Ward - Whitner

Skrine - Williams

Sheard - ? High draft priority

Cameron - ? Draft, most likely

Rubin - Starks

Quit whining and look at what's happened.

He was ranked 10th in QBR last season., one spot ahead of Andrew Luck. So Top 10.

An QB is the one position that can mask inadequacies. Just look at Luck with the Colts.

The year before, he was 2nd behind only Peyton Manning who was performing football miracles that season.

Then again, QBR doesn't tell the whole story, unless of course you think Romo was the best QB in the league last season.

Quit whining and look at what's happened. Chris

Josh Gordon happened. Manziel happened.

Quit whining, and look what happened. Phil Taylor gets hurt and look what happened.

Trading our first two picks away for a 33 yr old qb who will be retiring in the near future?

Not buying it, even for a plug nickel.

Quit whining and look at what's happened. Chris

Josh Gordon happened. Manziel happened.

Quit whining, and look what happened. Phil Taylor gets hurt and look what happened.

Trading our first two picks away for a 33 yr old qb who will be retiring in the near future?

Not buying it, even for a plug nickel.

Not saying we should go for Rivers - I would do it for one, but not both - but complaining about needing to replace players we've lost, when most of them *have* been replaced is stupid.

or, not true.... Depends on which postion you draft at 19.

The rbs, offensive linemen, edge rushers, defensive tackles,
inside linebackers in 2015 are better than 2014. Cornerbacks
are even.
And it isn't just 19 - it was both first round picks. Two players the Browns need vs
a 33 yrd old qb from San Diego...I think that's absurd - just my opinion.
The Browns need major improvements to their roster to build a winner, they aren't that far
away. They don't need what amounts to a "last piece of the puzzle".

Archived