THE BROWNS BOARD

Grayson Works Out For Browns

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I believe he's implying he doesn't feel the top tier QB's are franchise changers. In which I'm inclined to agree.

Exactly, assuming you mean in this draft class. Winston being the exception IMO but of course if 11 other teams pass on him, the smart play is probably just doing the same.

BUT if you're farmer/haslam/pettine and you feel QB is an important position you need to address ( of course why wouldn't they) why not take a grayson/petty/hundley/mannion in a late 2nd-3rd round? just another position to bring in guys to compete.

i hear you and i believe they will take the DL/LB/OL with their first 2-3 picks.

don't discount farmer trading a later pick and a player to move up to take a QB if he's their guy and he's still available.

now trading up to get one of the top 2 QBs would surprise the hell out of me.

i hear you and i believe they will take the DL/LB/OL with their first 2-3 picks.

don't discount farmer trading a later pick and a player to move up to take a QB if he's their guy and he's still available.

now trading up to get one of the top 2 QBs would surprise the hell out of me.

Gotta make a trade somewhere... Cant actually draft 10 players... We only get 53 roster spots and we would be wasting picks if we have to cut some of them before the season even starts

Because you can either take a likely unsuccessful QB or a defender or OL that's likely to be a solid starter in 1-3 years.

Why is one more likely to succeed than the other? Past trends have no indication of future success, especially with the Browns. Each prospect should be evaluated in a bubble, not based off prior draft trends.

Evaluating and grading s prospect for an individual team is different than evaluating and grading for a mock draft. Evaluating for a mock factors in draft trends and panic factors. Evaluating for a team involves nothing but scheme fit and potential. That's why I have problems with people who say "oh, he's a reach based off of this mock draft and that mock draft".

If they have Grayson or Hundley ahead of a 2nd round G or T, I don't see the problem in taking him. It may not align with what some are mocking, but that shouldn't matter.

Except for Weeden. That was an awful pick.

A lot of Browns fans didn't want to take Johnny last year because we knew he was a clown that would do nothing but bring a circus to town and cause major distraction. And dude did nothing but prove us right. That is exactly what he did...and nothing else. Except waste his rookie season learning nothing.

We absolutely cannot depend on Johnny this season. He hasn't given any reason to think we can.

Wasn't saying we should. That's why we got McCown. I'd rather "depend" on him than a 6th rounder.

If the Browns are forced to go with McCown this season can they win and compete in the division? I think they can. If Pettine can get our defense into being one of the elites in the league I believe we can win with our defense. We will need to force turnovers and play solid football on offense keeping turnovers down. McCown will need to be a game management QB and we will have to be able to run the ball but we do have one of the best offensive lines in the league. McCown had a horrible year last season with Tampa but the year before he showed he is capable of being much better with how he performed with the Bears.(McCown ended the 2013 season completing 66.8 of his passes for 1,829 yards with 13 touchdowns, one interception and a 109.0 passer rating, the third highest behind Peyton Manning and Nick Foles,the best in Bears history). I am hoping Manziel will be our QB, but I believe like most others he cannot be counted on at this time until he proves himself.

Last season when everything else was in place and working well together we won games with Brian Hoyer at quarterback. So what does Brian Hoyer do better than Josh McCown? In which areas is he a superior player? If it's nothing why couldn't that same success happen again?

If McCown is the opening day starter.

WSS

I would guess statistically more defenders and OL work out in the top 3 rounds than QBs, particularly on a defensive team with a defensive head coach, but I don't actually know.

I'm sure they do. But what I'm saying is...how do past players and coaches have any effect on the success of any players we pick?

What type of offense did Grayson play in during college? Honestly, if we're going to use a mid round pick on a QB I'd rather try and find a guy who was in a more pro-style offense.

Compared to the other QB's in this draft, Grayson comes from one of the more pro-style O's .....

What type of offense did Grayson play in during college? Honestly, if we're going to use a mid round pick on a QB I'd rather try and find a guy who was in a more pro-style offense.

Of all the QB prospects this year, he was the only one who played in a traditional pro style offense.

I think he'd make a great addition to the Browns in the second round.

I mean, look at the qb's the Browns have drafted in the first....no wait, don't

get depressed, it's SPRING !

http://denver.cbslocal.com/2015/04/14/6-reasons-why-garrett-grayson-should-be-drafted-in-at-least-the-2nd-round-of-the-nfl-draft/

Grayson works out for Gruden:

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=espn:12557908

They actually met with Grayson a coupla weeks ago(and actually took him out to dinner the evening of his pro-day).......not sure if they've met with him a second time or if MKC is just really slow to report the first meeting.....

but if they just met with him again.....then they must have more than a mild passing interest......

Compared to the other QB's in this draft, Grayson comes from one of the more pro-style O's .....

Oh cool, I didn't know that at all and for some reason couldn't find it well through Google. I can safely say this is a dude I knew NOTHING about until his name started popping up about a month ago. I've heard rumblings though that his style of play compares to Romo.

Of all the QB prospects this year, he was the only one who played in a traditional pro style offense.

I'm not sure if I'd call it a traditional pro style by any teams. It reminds me a lot of what they do in Denver. Base 11 personnel.

Some pistol, some twin spits, 5 wide and at times under center with a single back.

I'm not sure if I'd call it a traditional pro style by any teams. It reminds me a lot of what they do in Denver. Base 11 personnel.

Some pistol, some twin spits, 5 wide and at times under center with a single back.

Grayson reminds me of Manning, and not in a good way.

He's 23(?) and he already looks as athletic as a 40-year old with neck issues. I like what goes on in Grayson's head, but athletically he leaves something to be desired.

Archived