THE BROWNS BOARD

The Ben Carson is a great American and should be president thread

calfoxwc

What I've noticed lately is that black people call black that they deem to be not black enough "coons"

It's sad they're still black people who complain about racism and stereotyping but then call a fellow black a sell out for not fitting the stereotype.

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't wait for Obama to be out of office. This is the worst time I can remember in America. I feel like he's botched everything he touched.

9/11 was a much worse time then now. IMO

If you want to.

If I fuck up and delete the post within seconds I figure no harm no foul. you, of course, are free to whine about it incessantly.

I think if I make a mistake I cop to it readily.

WSS

Eventually might be a better term. And that's pushing it.

I'll drop it now. You've basically admitted your mistake.

9/11 was planned well before bush Cysko

Exactly. Bush had been in office for about 9 months.

9/11 was proven to have been in the planning for about 3 years.

But lib wonks won't talk about that. "Facts' lives don't matter" to libs.

9/11 was a much worse time then now. IMO

Nah.

9/11 certainly was the most traumatic event in our lifetimes yes, but thanks to Democrat liberals, global Muslim terrorism, race relations, govt spending and the deficit, the amount of poor and on welfare, lazy entitlement seekers, illegals, the devaluation of the dollar, have worsened since then and are out of control.

How long did it take? Minutes?

(and you realize it doesn't change much about the argument at hand)

WSS

I'm over your deleted post at this point. You thought it was 85% to start with, and that sounded like a reasonable number to you which is kind of crazy. Then i think you backed down to 60%, which was still much higher. And then, in that deleted post I said I was done mentioning, you got the math wrong and still thought it was high.

You were on a mission to make the black crime rate substantially higher than it actually is. At each point defending your number as it continued to be proved incorrect.

That's it. Your number was incorrect. I'm good dropping it at this point. Are you as well?

Now, consider the following calcs:

(.7) / (4.7) = .1489
100 - 14.89 = 85 %
The # of white crimes (resulting in prison time) is14.89 % of black crime (resulting in prison time).
Therefore, 85% it is !
Not only that, but if you take the number of black crimes, and divide that by the total of
black AND white crime, you get:
(4.7) / (.7 + 4.7) = .8703
87 percent.
Just everybody have a nice day ! :D

Nah.

9/11 certainly was the most traumatic event in our lifetimes yes, but thanks to Democrat liberals, global Muslim terrorism, race relations, govt spending and the deficit, the amount of poor and on welfare, lazy entitlement seekers, illegals, the devaluation of the dollar, have worsened since then and are out of control.

Ok lets get attacked again. It was so wonderful the last time.

Nobody mentioned Bush. Just that 9/11 was a terrible time for America.

Exactly. I would much rather have things the way they are now, then be attacked again.

Um...that's not what I'm sayin liberal moron. I'll let you try again before I decide to embarrass you.

You don't have the intelligence to embarrass ANYONE.

All you do is name call.

That's a sign of ignorance

You do realize isis just threatened to attack 15 states right?

I'd rather have threats then actions

So, now that I've validated Steve's "85 %"..... and not one lib has found fault with the

math, not even an engineer.......

Sounds like they can't wait for the math to go away. Not so fast....

(.7) / (4.7) = .1489

100 - 14.89 = 85 %

The # of white crimes (resulting in prison time) is14.89 % of black crime (resulting in prison time).

Therefore, 85% it is !

Not only that, but if you take the number of black crimes, and divide that by the total of

87 percent.

Ok lets get attacked again. It was so wonderful the last time.

Never has our country been more united - except for Pearl Harbor maybe?

Remind me how united are we now real quick?

Nobody wants another tragic event like Pearl Harbor or 9/11 but we were in a much better place as a nation 8-10 yrs ago. It was easier to travel immediately following 9/11 than it is right now. Etc, etc......

So, now that I've validated Steve's "85 %"..... and not one lib has found fault with the

math, not even an engineer.......

Sounds like they can't wait for the math to go away. Not so fast....

(.7) / (4.7) = .1489
100 - 14.89 = 85 %
Therefore, 85% it is !
87 percent.

Alright, I took a look at this. You fucked it up way more than I first thought...

1) The variables you are using are defined incorrectly: You are saying 0.7% equals the "number of white crimes resulting in prison time" and 4.7% equals the "number of black crime resulting in prison time". First, those are percentages, not numbers. Second, those percentages actually represent the "percentage of the race's incarcerated adult male population". So 0.7% of adult white males are in prison, while 4.7% of adult black males are in prison.

2) Your first equation is nonsense: I am not even sure what this phrase is supposed to mean "The # of white crimes (resulting in prison time) is14.89 % of black crime (resulting in prison time)." How are you making one variable a percentage of a group it doesn't belong to. You can't take the percentage of incarcerated adult black males within the population of incarcerated adult white males. That doesn't make any sense. That's like asking for the percentage of white males within the total female population. Or the percentage of oak trees within a number of pine trees. These are two individual, independent data sets. You could take a ratio if you wanted. Something like, "The percentage of incarcerated adult black males within the total population of adult black males is 6.7 times higher than the percentage of incarcerated adult white males within the total population of adult white males." Understand? Your first equation is just bad math.

3) The second equation also does not make any sense: This is a lot like point 2. You are confusing actual quantities with percentages. The equation you set up actually would be the correct way to take a percentage within a population, but you're already working with percentages. Your final answer, according to you, should be "number of black crime/total crime". This is incorrect because you misunderstood the variables from the beginning. If you break out everything to its base variables, and try to simplify it down, this isn't what you get. Again, this is because you were working with percentages that were based from different "populations". I could go into this further, maybe draw it out for you, but basically your math is incorrect. All of it stems from you misunderstanding your variables (and essentially your "units") from the beginning.

4) You weren't even trying to "prove" the right thing: Even if we take the wild leap that your math is correct, you didn't prove what Steve originally was saying/implying. The original statement, the I replied to first, was the the black population accounts for 85% of crime (which then became 60% of crime... which then became 60% of violent crime... all of which are wrong). Even if your numbers meant what you thought they meant, you proved the percent of adult black male crime within the population of adult black and white male crime. This obviously ignores other races and females. Again though, we can't even get to you being wrong at this stage, because you were grossly incorrect in your math to begin with.

The "85%" is a quantity of crimes within a greater population of crimes. At no point did you calculations result in anything resembling this.

Any questions?

Yes, what took you so long ? I was laughing at how quickly I could muster up

an 85 percent ! It took me about 2.5 minutes to manufacture.

Now, that is creativity that you are too young to understand.

Oh, that was fun. Want me to do it again? :D

You have shown enough times on here that you don't grasp even some of the simplest concepts. You may have done that on purpose, but you don't deserve any benefit of the doubt. I fully believe you thought your calculations meant what you said. That you completely believed you were proving the 85% number correct. Your ineptitude for statistics and general reasoning since the day I started posted here cause me to think that.

Good night.

You have shown enough times on here that you don't grasp even some of the simplest concepts. You may have done that on purpose, but you don't deserve any benefit of the doubt. I fully believe you thought your calculations meant what you said. That you completely believed you were proving the 85% number correct. Your ineptitude for statistics and general reasoning since the day I started posted here cause me to think that.

Good night.

Haha...hook, line, and sinker.

Haha...hook, line, and sinker.

Yes, what took you so long ? I was laughing at how quickly I could muster up

an 85 percent ! It took me about 2.5 minutes to manufacture.

Now, that is creativity that you are too young to understand.

Oh, that was fun. Want me to do it again? :D

For me, I got that you were joking (or trying ;) ) first time, then found it less funny when asking if there are any 'science deniers' out there - ironic humour aside - and then when you copied and pasted your previous post asking for someone to prove it wrong, I kinda felt you were actually being serious.

So please, if you repeatedly ask someone about your 'joke' don't gloat when they think you're being serious. Your track record of quantitative ability isn't on your side...

Archived