THE BROWNS BOARD

Rucker/Hubbard

ballpeen

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Know can you teach someone to catch the ball.....

You can teach people algebra as well......but some people just don't get it.

The key is how far you can teach them....and they have all the teaching that can be had by the age of 18 if they were fairly serious about the game.

Some of you guys act like most of these guys just got off the banana boat.

Yes, you can teach hands. Absolutely.

Throw a guy 500 passes a day for the next 6 months, and see if you don't see improvement. In the same breath, a lot of people say you can't learn to shoot a basketball and that you either have it or you don't. That's also incorrect. Shoot 500 jumpshots a day for the next six months and see if you don't see improvement.

Yes, you can teach hands. Absolutely.

Throw a guy 500 passes a day for the next 6 months, and see if you don't see improvement. In the same breath, a lot of people say you can't learn to shoot a basketball and that you either have it or you don't. That's also incorrect. Shoot 500 jumpshots a day for the next six months and see if you don't see improvement.

Sure......but it's not like these guys haven't already been doing that.

You think Edwards as an example went from the pick-up leagues to the UoM, and then there someone there didn't think maybe throwing him more passes each day might improve his ability to catch a football???

That's the crap a dad does when his kid is 11 if he thinks his kid has talent.

Really......you don't think people have been throwing balls to these guys up to this point??

LOL

If I'm wrong on Glue Hands I will bow down to the board and admit I am a moron, I ain't afraid to eat no crow like some.

IMO, Hubs is nothing more than a sprinter type with limited game. As John stated, he has little football background to him, but WTF does that matter to me as a Browns fan? This is not minor league baseball folks and the practice squad isn't just there to develop guys for years, it serves a purpose of emergency depth and taking guys that show a future and trying to nurture them. From what I've seen from Glue Hands at camp and in those dreadful preseason games last year (Shep will rave about that one sweet catch he made on the sideline) he is way beyond just refining a slightly unfinished product.

Haven't any of you guys ever seen a dude that is just a freak athlete and then you get him on the field or the court and he sucks ass? The world is full of them, but Phillip didn't reach out and draft them when he shouldn't have. BTW, WR is about the last position on the team I want to dick around with somebody with no game. Save that shit for OT projects or developmental third string QB's. I want someone like Robiskie to come in here already polished so I don't have to shit my pants every time a ball is thrown his way.

What gets me the most is we have endured the following for years: Dyson Tyson Jackson, Dr. Q, Antonio "Smarts" Bryant, Northcan't, Tim "I'm like, really, really Fast" Carter and of course Braylons, yet we haven't learned from that nightmare?

I would love to be wrong about Glue because that would be huge for this team if he could make an impact and catch the ball, but I can get much more excited about a Keenan McCardell type that you can just tell has "it" than the Anti-Dave Logan.

If we had quality consistent starters at WR Hubbard would be a non-issue.

We drafted the kid as a project on sheer athleticism hoping that in a few seasons he's turn into a solid #3 or #2.

Since we don't have said starters, we look at everyone who can't perform now as dead weight and want them gone.

Too bad our curent state doesn't allow us the luxury of developing late round picks over several seasons like the Steelers and every other winning teams do.

Archived