THE BROWNS BOARD

PERSONAL ATTACKS, FEELINGS ETC.

Riffer X

I'm not sure what is going on here lately but I noticed a ton of sniping at one another. Is it possible for men to all rag at the same time?

The self righteous bullshit needs to go. If you have a relationship with Christ, Satan, Buddha or whoever, keep it to yourself. People don't need to be told you are "praying" for them over some football board opinions. There really is absolutely no need for anyone to bring their religious views onto this Browns Board, especially when it's to patronize and condescend others. Do that crap on the political board if you must.

If you hate OSU, fine, but don't infer that everybody on the board that is an OSU fan is a blindly loyal meathead that thinks the Big Ten and Jim Tressel can do no wrong. Anymore around here Buckeye fans are being treated like friggin outsiders who are a bunch of morons. I have barely seen any posts of Buckeye fans here doing what guys are claiming they are doing. Enough with the stupid stereotyping. You may know guys outside of this board who are clueless but being all inclusive is offensive to the real Buckeye fans here. The only blind stereotyping should be directed toward our friends in Western PA, and the more bitter the better.

If you have a personal issue with someone than send a PM, that's one of the great features of this killer board. We have some great new posters here and some others that have been here awhile and really have become core members. Even some of the better, informative posters here have been bitching at one another.

Let's try to respect one another and realize we are all brothers as Browns fans. Appreciate some of the knowledge here. We've got some guys with serious game as regular posters on this site who take a lot of time to research and share their knowledge. Appreciate it and embrace it. Those of you who are trying to make this board about you (and you know who you are) your posts will be deleted and eventually you will be banned until you respect others. This comes from Stan who has put a lot of hard work and time into giving us this killer board to share with one another. The mods are going to do our best to keep this a board where new people will want to belong without seeing a bunch of bitching and one upping others. Not asking for no debate or disagreement, just to treat others as you want to be treated.

Before you call someone a name ask yourself if you would do it face to face.

We're probably going to see an influx of new members here before the draft because Stan has put us out there on Facebook and we want new members to come in here and contribute. This was mentioned the other day, but there are a ton of people who just read this board for info and don't post. Keep in mind when sniping at someone over something trivial everyone is reading it. We want this to be a board where people can invite friends and family here and be proud of it, not embarrassed by it.

IMO this is hands down the board out there, not even close. The OBR is way to big and cliquey and there are no others that come close. Thanks goes out to everybody for making it that way.

I'm not sure what is going on here lately but I noticed a ton of sniping at one another. Is it possible for men to all rag at the same time?

The self righteous bullshit needs to go. If you have a relationship with Christ, Satan, Buddha or whoever, keep it to yourself. People don't need to be told you are "praying" for them over some football board opinions. There really is absolutely no need for anyone to bring their religious views onto this Browns Board, especially when it's to patronize and condescend others. Do that crap on the political board if you must.

If you hate OSU, fine, but don't infer that everybody on the board that is an OSU fan is a blindly loyal meathead that thinks the Big Ten and Jim Tressel can do no wrong. Anymore around here Buckeye fans are being treated like friggin outsiders who are a bunch of morons. I have barely seen any posts of Buckeye fans here doing what guys are claiming they are doing. Enough with the stupid stereotyping. You may know guys outside of this board who are clueless but being all inclusive is offensive to the real Buckeye fans here. The only blind stereotyping should be directed toward our friends in Western PA, and the more bitter the better.

If you have a personal issue with someone than send a PM, that's one of the great features of this killer board. We have some great new posters here and some others that have been here awhile and really have become core members. Even some of the better, informative posters here have been bitching at one another.

Let's try to respect one another and realize we are all brothers as Browns fans. Appreciate some of the knowledge here. We've got some guys with serious game as regular posters on this site who take a lot of time to research and share their knowledge. Appreciate it and embrace it. Those of you who are trying to make this board about you (and you know who you are) your posts will be deleted and eventually you will be banned until you respect others. This comes from Stan who has put a lot of hard work and time into giving us this killer board to share with one another. The mods are going to do our best to keep this a board where new people will want to belong without seeing a bunch of bitching and one upping others. Not asking for no debate or disagreement, just to treat others as you want to be treated.

Before you call someone a name ask yourself if you would do it face to face.

We're probably going to see an influx of new members here before the draft because Stan has put us out there on Facebook and we want new members to come in here and contribute. This was mentioned the other day, but there are a ton of people who just read this board for info and don't post. Keep in mind when sniping at someone over something trivial everyone is reading it. We want this to be a board where people can invite friends and family here and be proud of it, not embarrassed by it.

IMO this is hands down the board out there, not even close. The OBR is way to big and cliquey and there are no others that come close. Thanks goes out to everybody for making it that way.

I'm with ya, Rif ... it was still funny when Mark-O called the new guy a homo though.

Zombo

I'm with ya, Rif ... it was still funny when Mark-O called the new guy a homo though.

Zombo

I hear ya Big Z, we are not talking about losing our sense of humor here, that would be.....dare I say.....sacrilegious, or something.

Also if theres already a thread started about information that you wanna post can we post it in that thread and not start a new one.

we have like 3 threads on Stallworth right now. just throwing that out there

Noted. This has long been an issue.

We can't merge those threads now because the news has changed.

Also, too many people like to start threads before reading the board. There are also those who just pop in and follow their thread they started. We really don't want that kind of poster.

I agree politics,religion and serious personal attacks are uncalled for and will almost always fuel either bad feelings and or unwanted remarks that lead to not so cool stuff on this great board that is a band of brothers(and sisters) in the browns to me.. and we should try to respect each others opinions and views on all things browns...even when we disagree we agree to disagree and most that are on this board do just that..we get some really awesome debates and fun threads going on this board and some newcomers may interpret such fun innocent stuff as lums calling some us bq fags or calling each other idiots or morons as an open license to insult or defame others at will and be downright nasty just because the want to...

Sometimes i think some of them are actually posers from a steelers board...hehehehe ;)

It's funny how ironically, this paragraph reeks of blind OSU loyalty while it claims that sort of thing doesn't exist at the same time. Ever since the SEC has started whipping the shit out of the Buckeyes in Bowl games years ago, the Buckeye fan base has done NOTHING but grown bitter. Forgive the realistic Buckeye fans for seeing reality and not living in denial, and actually evaluating Buckeye players/talent with clear glasses.

The OSU bitterness towards ESPN, well basically everyone outside of Tressel's reign, is worse than that of Rush Limbaugh towards the left.

"OSU can do no wrong" should go in about 5 or 6 of you guys' signatures.

All you did was make a thread saying "you can't call us blindly loyal OSU fans blindly loyal OSU fans."

OSU - Fags.

Also funny that this thread was started somebody who's entire signature is one gigantic jab at another poster....

I guess Lums doesn't count.....and he shouldn't cause he's not a Browns fan, but still ironic nonetheless.

I didn't realize this was a problem lately, I really haven't seen much of it, but as long as there are message boards in the world there will be flame wars.

Oh come on dude you chase Lums around this board like nobodies business. I figured this type of responses and so did Stan. Just like DTBH above, he just proved my point. He's on another thread calling guys names.

Gotta love the internet tough guys like Jaqueer out there.

Nobody is asking for saint hood here, just a little clean up before it gets out of hand. You, of all people know how quickly things can get out of hand.

It's funny how ironically, this paragraph reeks of blind OSU loyalty while it claims that sort of thing doesn't exist at the same time. Ever since the SEC has started whipping the shit out of the Buckeyes in Bowl games years ago, the Buckeye fan base has done NOTHING but grown bitter. Forgive the realistic Buckeye fans for seeing reality and not living in denial, and actually evaluating Buckeye players/talent with clear glasses.

The OSU bitterness towards ESPN, well basically everyone outside of Tressel's reign, is worse than that of Rush Limbaugh towards the left.

"OSU can do no wrong" should go in about 5 or 6 of you guys' signatures.

All you did was make a thread saying "you can't call us blindly loyal OSU fans blindly loyal OSU fans."

OSU - Fags.

Beautiful, you've now made it known where you're coming from, which is an internet tough guy. The JL thread you can't do anything but call people names.

Just wanted to say HI and that I am easy to get along with so I don't think I will have any problems with anybody on the board.jk.JPG

Have you seen that Batman movie The Dark Knight yet?

You guys anticipated my exact response or just us pointing out your sig?

Either way this thread is pretty gay.

Who's feelings are getting hurt here? I'm just curious who ran to the mods/stan crying about this?

Also it's pretty funny that Rich's posts/threads get deleted on sight even if they aren't inflammatory but based soley on who he is and his history here. Why don't you guys try moderating this place with a little consistency then come back to us on your high horse telling us to behave...

Sounds good.

We'll get thing turned around just for you and Rich bud.

Also funny that this thread was started somebody who's entire signature is one gigantic jab at another poster....

Tell you what, the first time I saw that signature soda came flying out my nose. It wasn't JUST another poster so I refer to this phenomenon as Style Points! You DO know and understand that all etiquette goes out the window when it's time to bust Loverboy's balls about his he-be-ge-be fondness for DA. Riff isn't doing anything that you, me or anyone else hasn't done when Loverboy described his powertool for DA.

All that said, Riff's addressing BROWNS fans so Lummy doesn't apply to this. A subject like DWI/DUI can mean different things to different people so I understand where Riff is coming from. That doesn't mean I'm a role model for good behavior or nice-nice - I'm just sayin...

Can we just keep religion or Jesus out of football threads? If I wanted to bring in Jesus to put an end to a LONG topic - don't you think I could have asked every Derek Anderson fan what QB Jesus chose to throw TD passes under his shadow at Notre Dame during BCS caliber football? I didn't so the entire student body in the Upper Pacific Northwest can exhale.

- Tom F.

Beautiful, you've now made it known where you're coming from, which is an internet tough guy. The JL thread you can't do anything but call people names.

I did not call names and I did not try to be tough.

I called Laurenitis as what I see him as... a sluggish player. And I called the Big Ten what I see it as... a slow conference. That's not name-calling.

If you think it is, you've got a lot to learn about name-calling.

I'm sorry that the truths about OSU and JL get all the little OSU cheerleaders panties in a bunch so much so that they had to go make an entire thread about it.(That's name-calling.)

I figured you'd come back with some snide response.

Listen, just answer this for me.

For about a week now Rich has been posting a thread about Shaun Rogers and why or why not we should release him. THe last thread had quite a few responses and no flaming whatsoever other than from ytown. There were even a few people who agreed with him, and yet that thread was deleted for no reason other than who RIch is.

Now Rich is banned for some reason, again no explanation or anything. Now you guys certainly aren't required to explain your actions, but don't pin a thread up to the top talking about respecting others when you don't respect the people who post here. Now I realize that Rich has been a huge asshole at times, but he's also shared a lot of good football with us as well.

I'm sure you're going to come back with another snide comment about how Rich and I are buds and the such, but it really has nothing to do with him, other people's threads/posts go bye bye with no explanation as to why when they have absolutely no flaming in them whatsoever.

I said it in another thread and it bears repeating here, good message boards very rarely delete threads, if a thread is deemed inappropriate it is locked with a note from the moderator who locked it as to why they locked it.

Here we have a group of mods who delete behind a curtain with no accountability for their actions, even stan made mention of how you guys basically propped him up as the fall guy for all the unpopular deletions of threads/posts.

And in reality I could care less how it's run, however like I said when you pin a thread to the top of the board asking everybody to respect each other when none is shown to us I just have to laugh.

You want to ask questions feel free to give me a PM, preferably not a Rich email calling me an asshole for the millionth time. This thread is not going to be turned into another fooking da ich thread.

OK...I'm no stranger to arguments here. I've both made personal attacks and received them numerous times. That being said, some things are just out of bounds. Like people's families, wives, girlfriends, children, pets, mothers, fathers, grandmothers, grandfathers, etc. Less than one hour ago in the Political Forum, a poster told me he fcuked my wife. Mind you this isn't the first time this has happened. And why, you ask, did today's attack on my wife occur? Because the clown I was "arguing" with never has anything intelligent to counter with besides personal attacks. This is a football board, and because I'm Liberal and from California, I've been called a faggot more times than you can possibly imagine. I understand this kind of shit happens when machismo gets in the way of discussion, but bringing family members into the fray is just pathetic and crosses a line MEN shouldn't cross. Call me a fag, fine. Call my wife a whore and we have problems.

I would also like to take this opportunity to apologize to one poster in particular...Vegasdogg. I have recently attacked him personally when I shouldn't have, and I will do my best to refrain from such activities in the future. I can be a dick, but that kind of stuff isn't what I'm all about.

Here we have a group of mods who delete behind a curtain with no accountability for their actions, even stan made mention of how you guys basically propped him up as the fall guy for all the unpopular deletions of threads/posts.

Inspecta,

Me having to come in and explain why once again Rich has found himself on the wrong side of the moderation is actually silly, but I'll play along.

I suspended Rich. I suspended him until I can figure out how to hold his posts in a moderation que until I can get around to approving them for public. It may be 24hrs, it may be a week, it may be a very long time ... I'm in no rush.

I don't personally police this site as much as I probably should. I take time off in most off-seasons and respect the hell out of friends who serve as moderators on their own voluntary time during my absence as well as stand shoulder-to-shoulder with me when I do feel like participating in the forum for my own personal enjoyment.

I take into account for over-zealous moderators. I'm pretty soft at moving to a point of suspending anyone. But when I do visit the forum after being absent, I look through the Admin controls and logs to get a feel for how much moderation is/was needed. When I see a member like Rich4eagle have so many warning marks that they no longer register because he is maxed out, I raise an eye brow. When I see that those warnings came from at least four different moderators and not just one over-zealous one ... I start to draw interest. When I observe the forum for just a short stint and see that same member spouting off about moderation, I then know it is time to silence the jackass because warning just don't do. When I see the name on the account as a ten-year repeat offender, I shake my head and think of what a douch-bag I am for "consistiently" allowing the mutant to even waste all of our time.

I don't give a rat-ass how much football speak he or you claim he brings to this forum, it ain't worth the volunteers time who care enough to assist in the creation and exsistance of this forum.

This is the best group of moderators this place has ever seen. We are primed for a great season in 2009-2010, hope you all enjoy.

OK...I'm no stranger to arguments here. I've both made personal attacks and received them numerous times. That being said, some things are just out of bounds. Like people's families, wives, girlfriends, children, pets, mothers, fathers, grandmothers, grandfathers, etc. Less than one hour ago in the Political Forum, a poster told me he fcuked my wife. Mind you this isn't the first time this has happened. And why, you ask, did today's attack on my wife occur? Because the clown I was "arguing" with never has anything intelligent to counter with besides personal attacks. This is a football board, and because I'm Liberal and from California, I've been called a faggot more times than you can possibly imagine. I understand this kind of shit happens when machismo gets in the way of discussion, but bringing family members into the fray is just pathetic and crosses a line MEN shouldn't cross. Call me a fag, fine. Call my wife a whore and we have problems.

I would also like to take this opportunity to apologize to one poster in particular...Vegasdogg. I have recently attacked him personally when I shouldn't have, and I will do my best to refrain from such activities in the future. I can be a dick, but that kind of stuff isn't what I'm all about.

Good on ya mz the pussy.

Sorry for what's going on at the Political forum.

Sorry for what's going on at the Political forum.

The Political Forum is another beast altogether, though I must say it is moderated beautifully by great dudes. It just gets ugly by nature, and I get that, but some people need to know that attacking someone's family members isn't something MEN do.

Plus, like my wife would even look at that scumbag. ;)

Yeah stan I know Rich is a problem child at times but seriously dude and I'm speaking with no bias here, Rich had several threads that were football only deleted for no other reason than his name is "rich4eagle"

We had one Shaun Rogers thread that was 2 pages deep with a lot of people weighing and....get this....agreeing with Rich!! Imagine that!

I know Rich deserves to get slapped on the wrist a lot but I think some of the mods go overboard and delete on sight just because he is who he is.

I've called Rich out when he's misbehaving, but when he gets slammed just for the sake of slamming him that's not right.

Listen, I just have one suggestion, take it for what it's worth. When you come across a thread that you guys think is inappropriate can it be locked in lieu of outright deletion? Have that mod just write one post why it's being locked and then move on. The offending thread will fall to page 2 quicker than you can say "steeler fag".

Now speaking of steeler fags, when they post something offending I have no problem with it being deleted, but deleting threads of browns fans? C'mon.

That's all I'm saying fellas, let's just have a little bit more transparency with the moderation.

Inspecta, from my experiences as a Mod, I can tell you that it's the posts you don't see from Rich that gets a thread pulled. He'll go way out of line on one post, then you delete the post and he keeps it up, keeps it up, like a little little kid, so finally you look up and see that he started the thread, almost always to draw attention to himself, so you just say **** it and pull it. You don't want to lock it and keep it up, because he has been so abusive to the board that you have to erase his whole path sometimes because you want to deliver the message to him ... not the other posters. You may have had a decent thead going on Rogers (Cut him? Really? He's an effing All-Pro) but I guarantee you that Rich called someone an asshole, got his post deleted, and then accused the mods of being fascists ... and it was "**** rich" and his whole ****ing thread.

If we wants to keep his threads up then he can show respect for the board like the other 99.9% do.

And Rich is a not a "Browns fan" in the same sense you or I or any of the rest of us are.

He was all over the board with "Here we go Steeler" crap when they were making their run, and rubbing their win in the faces of good Browns fans. If he wants to root for the Steelers on his own time, that's his perogative, but when he chooses the Steelers over the Browns and chooses Steeler fans over Browns fans ... he can expect to be treated like a Steeler fan when the shit hits the fan: low tolerance.

Combine that with ten years of repeated disregard for the standards of the community ... then **** him. And if you post in one of his threads then I guess you should know there is a good chance the thread will disappear, so I wouldn't spend too much time on it.

Inspecta,

We are leaning toward a measure where we hold a violators post in a holding que until we can review it, approve it, and make it public. That way, we could double-check the history of the feud between the offender and moderator.

However, I will say that we really don't have the time and/or resources for this and so as a second measure we are checking with Kindercare to see if they a special program we can adopt.

Riffer .. I like that you say to respect each other while you insult half the people on the board. You begin with people of religious views calling saying it is "self righteous bullshit". Way to be respectful. However I do realize this is a direct attack on me because I am unashamed to say I am a Christian. Trust me there are many more on this board.. Then you insult the buckeye fans as "blindly loyal meatheads" . ....Then you say it's ok to insult people from western Pa. I guess steeler fans are not worthy of your respect. Your icon is a direct insult to Lums... you go after him constantly.... Then you threaten people with being banned if they disrespect others... the whole while you are insulting half the people on the board.. NICE WORK. .. ........ (Lecture # 1,788)

I did not call names and I did not try to be tough.

You called YS an "OSU fag".

You started a reply to one of my post with "Hey genius"....This was meant in a derogatory manner obviously.

It's too bad when people cannot have an intelligent discussion and disagree. Simple point and counter point. Sure, we may throw some mild barbs at one another with a rolling eye icon, but this "OSU fag" stuff is for those who can't stand the heat and resort to attacking the messenger and not the message.

I had a spirited football debate with Aloy.......He may not have liked all of my post and I didn't like all of his. But calling him a SEC fag would've been the farthest thing from my mind. I'm not mad at him. There isn't any anger involved. You seem really bitter. It's too bad.

I'll never agree with you that the Big Ten is slower. So what? Is it so important for you to be right that you'll resort to name calling to try and make a point? If that's the case then a public discussion forum is poor place for you to be.

Now on top of the name calling you are lying about what you said or didn't say. Are you without any scruples?

If you can't be anything else, I wish you'd be honest.

Archived