THE BROWNS BOARD

PERSONAL ATTACKS, FEELINGS ETC.

Riffer X

You called YS an "OSU fag".

You started a reply to one of my post with "Hey genius"....This was meant in a derogatory manner obviously.

If you can't be anything else, I wish you'd be honest.

If it is going to get to the point where this is 'out of bounds' then I might as well just stop now. Cause this should be nowhere near out of bounds.

If it is going to get to the point where this is 'out of bounds' then I might as well just stop now. Cause this should be nowhere near out of bounds.

It's not the point. The point with this was that he's lying about the name calling. The seriousness is not the point.

In my original reply to his name calling of YS, I simply said it's too bad that he has to resort to that in a simple discussion.

It wasn't a huge deal for me. It's just kinda sad that someone is this bitter. I certainly didn't say it was out of bounds. He's free to say what he wants. But I'm free to tell him he's being ridiculous for it as well.

So you are saying you can't disagree without calling someone something derogatory? And you are proud of that?

Actually, you don't have to answer that. I'm done with this whole discussion.

It's not the point. The point with this was that he's lying about the name calling. The seriousness is not the point.

In my original reply to his name calling of YS, I simply said it's too bad that he has to resort to that in a simple discussion.

It wasn't a huge deal for me. It's just kinda sad that someone is this bitter. I certainly didn't say it was out of bounds. He's free to say what he wants. But I'm free to tell him he's being ridiculous for it as well.

So you are saying you can't disagree without calling someone something derogatory? And you are proud of that?

Actually, you don't have to answer that. I'm done with this whole discussion.

The main point I had with what I highlighted is that something like Hey Genius is a way to add tone to what a writer/poster is saying. The problem with boards is that non-verbal language and tone are non-existent. Greetings like these is a way to display a point of view with emotion to mimic tone and the like. I agree that gratuitous name calling is uncalled for, my point was that hey genius isn't name calling.

I raise the average IQ of the board, especially after whiny posts like yours.

Regards

.... an'at

the only thing you can raise the IQ of is a nursery and only by a little bit. also, you clearly have no life if you make it a point to go on an opposing team's website just to talk trash- which you fail at, just like everything else in your pathetic life.

Please explain to me why the above poster isn't banned?

We allow him but censor Rich, just as that little extra twist of the knife.

(Oh if you could only hear the deep rumbling evil laugh)

-Satn

For the last time, saying somebody is ridiculously blind for OSU is not name calling. Not only is it not name calling, it's the truth.

And it's proven by this thread, that people take the argument SO personal that instead of admitting defeat, they create a thread about "feelings."

OSU fag. (See the irony?)

The only reason this board is like this now is because of one person.

Lumbergh.

he brings out the worst in everyone by being a complete d--khead all the time.

I personally have had him on ignore for a long time But I see he still rapes all of you guys every single day.

He must sit there laughing his ass off because all he has to do is make one post and like 8-10 of you guys cum all over yourselves in angst.

Naaaah you can't point all the blame to old Lummbnuts. Every message board will have it's trolls and idiots. If it wasn't him it would be someone else.

Some people believe posters like that are necessary to keep a board active in the slow months. Not sure I believe that. But I believe they are like cockroaches, nothign you do will tottally eradicate them, so you just have to tolerate them in what ever way you can.

For you, that's the ingore feature, which is fine. For me, it's toying with them and laughing at them when I feel like it, and skipping by their posts when I don't.

i personally don't have a problem with lumberg, he's never done anything to me. however if you want him to go away you can always treat him like a child. ignore everything that he says. people give him power when they react to him and it is just want he wants. ignore him and he may stop with the comments. again, i have nothing against him and this idea works in almost all cases.

But that only works if Everyone even wants him to go away, and agrees with your way of handling things...that rarely happens on message boards...

it could also work if we sent a team of ninjas over to his house, kidnap him and make him watch tape over tape of brady quinn completing passes. either that or the ninjas could just kill him. both would be effective really.

The only reason this board is like this now is because of one person.

Lumbergh.

he brings out the worst in everyone by being a complete d--khead all the time.

I personally have had him on ignore for a long time But I see he still rapes all of you guys every single day.

He must sit there laughing his ass off because all he has to do is make one post and like 8-10 of you guys cum all over yourselves in angst.

Come'on Platinum..you've been here since 85.. you dont' recall the Ghoullies, Jack splats, Rich and that kind. Lums is a pussycat in comparision. He is not nearly as obnoxious as Squeeler chuck.. Squeeler chuck does not even talk about football. Lums at least talks about 1 player...

yep, I am on board kissing ass and being dumb in beautiful;..........stupidity shall here rule..........salute being dumb and censorship

Come'on Platinum..you've been here since 85.. you dont' recall the Ghoullies, Jack splats, Rich and that kind. Lums is a pussycat in comparision. He is not nearly as obnoxious as Squeeler chuck.. Squeeler chuck does not even talk about football. Lums at least talks about 1 player...

I'm calling bullshit on this one.

I talk a lot of football - and I'm right on most of what I've talked about.

Maybe you don't recall my stand on:

* DA - and my suggestion that he'd be a bust after his one-year-hit-wonder season.

* Braylon Edwards and how I said he wouldn't come close to putting up the kind of numbers he had two seasons ago.

* Yinz ain't reaching 1k yards with your aging back (when some of yinz were suggesting 1,200)

* The stains wouldn't sniff the playoffs last year, let alone win the conference.

* I predicted the stains 4-12, maybe 5-11. I don't remember where yinz wound up - close to that I think.

* The Steelers O-line is bad, but good enough.

* Our D-line age and depth aren't as bad as most of yinz suggested.

* Ben's a winner.

* Having a new coach and not Cowher isn't going to hurt us.

* The division is ours to lose.

Cognitive bias - yinz dismiss any of my football talk, writing it off to trolling when in fact it's pretty accurate.

Sadly, yinz are too busy getting your panties in a bunch over Rich and Lumberg when you have the all knowing football genius right here.

I know more about football than most of yinz posers will ever know in two lifetimes.

Regards

.... an'at

I'm not saying he's the worst, but he gets alot of you on the defensive, and you take it out on each other. That's my take.

Guest ATENEARS
Maybe we should quit the game playing and those of you that think there are people here causing problems and using unwaranted personal attacks should just NAME NAMES.. otherwise you're just as bad.

I think Zombo is a problem with his high and mighty attitude.

Guest ATENEARS
Nahh that JADBF is a moron who can't say anythign without it being a personal attack...

Yeah, JADBF is a Jamal Lewis loving Mo-Fo!

Inspecta,

We are leaning toward a measure where we hold a violators post in a holding que until we can review it, approve it, and make it public. That way, we could double-check the history of the feud between the offender and moderator.

However, I will say that we really don't have the time and/or resources for this and so as a second measure we are checking with Kindercare to see if they have a special program we can adopt.

ROTFLMAO! I can't drink any more beverages when I'm freakin readin this board. I've had soda flyin out every opening in my dome from you sick basterds. Kindercare - God bless ya!

- Tom F.

Archived