THE BROWNS BOARD

BREAKING: 4 Marines killed in Tennessee by a fucking Muslim

WalterWhite

Sure, it's not easy to take the high road, turn the other cheek etc. This is why these things need to be led, at least in part, by normal work-a-day muslims. And to be fair I've seen some of it happening, though I guess not enough.

Yes it would be great if they did.

Still everyday Muslims might face the same repercussions as everyday blacks if they speak out against the bad elements among their people.

WSS

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I came to the realization many years ago the real problem is the Koran itself. I was watching a show on television with moderate Muslims who I was initially very impressed with and they were condemning terrorism and violence but when they were confronted with the many verses in the Koran on killing infidels they refused to say it was wrong. No doubt it may have been fear for their own safety but that is when I saw the real problem.

The Quran contains at least 109 verses that call Muslims to war with nonbelievers for the sake of Islamic rule. Some are quite graphic, with commands to chop off heads and fingers and kill infidels wherever they may be hiding. Muslims who do not join the fight are called 'hypocrites' and warned that Allah will send them to Hell if they do not join the slaughter.

Unlike nearly all of the Old Testament verses of violence, the verses of violence in the Quran are mostly open-ended, meaning that they are not restrained by the historical context of the surrounding text. They are part of the eternal, unchanging word of Allah, and just as relevant or subjective as anything else in the Quran.

The context of violent passages is more ambiguous than might be expected of a perfect book from a loving God, however this can work both ways. Most of today's Muslims exercise a personal choice to interpret their holy book's call to arms according to their own moral preconceptions about justifiable violence. Apologists cater to their preferences with tenuous arguments that gloss over historical fact and generally do not stand up to scrutiny. Still, it is important to note that the problem is not bad people, but bad ideology.

Unfortunately, there are very few verses of tolerance and peace to abrogate or even balance out the many that call for nonbelievers to be fought and subdued until they either accept humiliation, convert to Islam, or are killed. Muhammad's own martial legacy - and that of his companions - along with the remarkable stress on violence found in the Quran have produced a trail of blood and tears across world history.

Was Muhammad a warrior? Did he lead people in the battle? I seriously don't know, I know they call him a prophet.

Also there is nothing like the New Testament in the Quran correct?

In other words something to defuse the violence etc in the older texts.

WSS

I believe he was military in some capacity, though not sure what.

Muhammad was a military leader who killed people in battle, executed captives and enslaved women and children. When he said that “Jihad in the way of Allah elevates the position of a man in paradise” (Sahih Muslim 20:4645), his followers knew what he meant. They engaged in warfare following his death, which continues to this day.

I don't understand how anybody can overlook that many "still valid" violent calls in the Koran.

Something isn't right, there.

Muhammad was a military leader who killed people in battle, executed captives and enslaved women and children. When he said that “Jihad in the way of Allah elevates the position of a man in paradise” (Sahih Muslim 20:4645), his followers knew what he meant. They engaged in warfare following his death, which continues to this day.

yup, that old testament bullshit again.

In an article entitled, “Throwing Stones at the Quran from a Glass House”, The American Muslim claims that the verses of violence and war in the Bible can be misread in “exactly the same way as some verses in the Qur’an” (emphasis ours). In other words, the on-line magazine alleges that, like the Quran, there are Biblical verses with open-ended commands to violence that are not bound by historical context within the passage itself.

Our first clue that this probably isn’t true is the scarcity of Christian terrorist groups. Not too many people are losing their heads to fanatics screaming praises to Jesus (or Moses, Buddha or the many Hindu gods either) as they are to shouts of “Allah Akbar!” That there are so many Islamic terrorist groups composed of fundamentalists (or purists) of the Muslim faith is enough to impress any reasonable person that there is something far more dangerous about Islam.

http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/Pages/Bible-Quran-Violence.htm

Was Muhammad a warrior? Did he lead people in the battle? I seriously don't know, I know they call him a prophet.

Also there is nothing like the New Testament in the Quran correct?

In other words something to defuse the violence etc in the older texts.

WSS

Yes

Jesus himself is a great prophet in the Quran before Mohammed, and his teachings of 'meakness and piety' aren't at all far removed from what many of us know in the Christian world.

Too say that a certain segment of Islam has been twisted might be the greatest understatement in the last century.

yup, that old testament bullshit again.

Except that Muhammed lived 600 years past the time of christ and the old testament literally stretches back hundreds to thousands of years into antiquity. What Muhammed did was saw that people were buying into Christianity and that it didn't quite fit what he was into cause of that Jesus dude that didn't really hold with chopping people's heads off and greed and conquest and fucking kids like he liked to do so he went off in a cave and took the bits of Christianity he liked and modified them to allow all the stuff he really wanted and then came out and said "aha! God appeared to me and this is word for word what he said!" Then he did that a couple more times and voila! You've got islam. It's kinda like Christianity in a lot of fundamental ways except there's a lot more killing and greed and conquest and fucking kids.

http://news.yahoo.com/little-known-suspect-fatal-shooting-marines-082020823.html

The dirtbag trojan horse "muslim"....was a muslim....

and had traveled extensively to Jordan and Kuwait in 2010..for 7 months. Who funded that?

and his father was on the terrorist watch list...but they took him off.....

their family was very Muslim.

But the son turned out to be a "muslim" murdering pig.

http://news.yahoo.com/little-known-suspect-fatal-shooting-marines-082020823.html

Except that Muhammed lived 600 years past the time of christ and the old testament literally stretches back hundreds to thousands of years into antiquity. What Muhammed did was saw that people were buying into Christianity and that it didn't quite fit what he was into cause of that Jesus dude that didn't really hold with chopping people's heads off and greed and conquest and fucking kids like he liked to do so he went off in a cave and took the bits of Christianity he liked and modified them to allow all the stuff he really wanted and then came out and said "aha! God appeared to me and this is word for word what he said!" Then he did that a couple more times and voila! You've got islam. It's kinda like Christianity in a lot of fundamental ways except there's a lot more killing and greed and conquest and fucking kids.

Kind of like that, I agree. Kind of like Mormon.

no I agree with you completely....but Islam in many ways is more exemplary of the old testament than Christianity...at least today. Back in the middle ages Christianity was just as bad if not worse than what Islam is today. Christianity has evolved somewhat, credit where it's due...but back in the middle ages what they did to people would make Isis blush with envy. Seriously, if some of you don't know that...read up. The isis guys would give anything to be able to do to people on such a wide systemic and completely bureaucratic way as what was going on in Europe during those times. Not that they're not capable of it, but I haven't yet read of Isis smashing babies over rocks...so there is still a certain level of human depravity that we haven't seen yet from isis that we've seen from Christianity in earlier times.

no I agree with you completely....but Islam in many ways is more exemplary of the old testament than Christianity...at least today. Back in the middle ages Christianity was just as bad if not worse than what Islam is today. Christianity has evolved somewhat, credit where it's due...but back in the middle ages what they did to people would make Isis blush with envy. Seriously, if some of you don't know that...read up. The isis guys would give anything to be able to do to people on such a wide systemic and completely bureaucratic way as what was going on in Europe during those times. Not that they're not capable of it, but I haven't yet read of Isis smashing babies over rocks...so there is still a certain level of human depravity that we haven't seen yet from isis that we've seen from Christianity in earlier times.

Christianity has evolved "somewhat"? You're a joke.

Yeah, lets not be too hard on Islamists because once upon a time Christians did bad stuff too.

And lest we forget... terrorists are mothers and fathers too ya know, you fat Rosie O'Donnell alter.

Christianity has evolved "somewhat"? You're a joke.

Yeah, lets not be too hard on Islamists because once upon a time Christians did bad stuff too.

And lest we forget... terrorists are mothers and fathers too ya know, you fat Rosie O'Donnell alter.

1) I'm just smarter and more educated than you so I know about more things and what goes on around the world. So I stand by the "somewhat" comment because it was within my lifetime that some of those old sentiments were still firmly entrenched in the minds of a lot if not most Christians. In fact.....it's still going on, I mean look at you.

2) Get a job and gym membership you trolling fat basement dwelling immigrant loser. Your life isn't shit because of other immigrants. It's shit because you're shit.

Cleve, you are now making me apologize to Woody.

YOU are the butt of the board.

Sorry, Woody.

Do we need a ceremonial handover? Is there a cap, gown and maybe a bell to ring? Perhaps just a funny hat with bells on?

Archived