THE BROWNS BOARD

Which receivers make this team?

WalterWhite

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK, Chuckie Jr. ;)

I want to see Wynn return a couple punts this pre-season.

Well... I saw one tonite. Beautiful job of setting up blocks. A repeat or two and the littlest Wynn is going to make cutting him a very hard thing to do.

I thought Jennings had another solid receiving game. Just did not add a quality return to the mix tonite.

Mayle? Eh... seemed OK, but it almost looked as if he was batting down that last, 4th-and-the-game pass.

Hawk seems frustrated.

Hartline looks like McCown's security blanket.

At this point we're pinning our hopes on Bowe becoming something resembling a #1 when returning from injury and missing weeks of practise, or the longest shot of all, TP becoming a true WR.

Our offence looked pretty impotent last night, including our OL - against what we must acknowledge is one of the top DLs in the league, to be fair.

The offense had a tough night, but it's an exhibtion game, the bills defense seemed

to think they were playing in the superbowl.

doesn't count.

Whichever ones learn how to come back to the ball on a QB scramble. None out there on the last drive had a clue how to do that.

Absolutely right. JFF could have used help like that there on some of his scrambles, these WRs gave him none.

The best thing I can say is that these were the training camp fodder.....like Lenz etc. And the only guy that did it some was Mayle.....but then he dropped a pass right in his hands.

1.Bowe

2.Hawkins

3.Hartline

4.Gabriel

5.Benjiman

6.Pryor

7.Moore/Lenz/Wynn/Jennings

Right now I think we keep 7, thats right 7! 1-5 on my list are my locks for the 53. The wildcard, Pryor...

Next weeks game against T.B. is going to be HUGE for T.P. He's gonna need to play most of the game and play decent at the very least. If he does, and i think he will, he's in.

With T.P. on the team i think it can be a very real possibility that we only roll with 2 QB's with T.P. serving as an emergency 3rd QB, opening up a spot for a 7th WR.

Of the 4 listed at #7 above, i gotta give the edge to Moore due to his great special teams coverage. We only really have 2 aces on ST coverages, Moore and Bademosi, and i think we only keep one of them. Both of their positions are fairly deep with young talent, could go either way but i see Bademosi as the odd man out and i dont see both going. Who would then take over on ST coverages as the ace? That makes Moore my #7.

It's all about who wants to be a weapon in this Offense and its slim right now. It's Benji, Hartline, Bibbs, Wynn and Jennings and some Lenz. Hawk and Gabe no shows?? The Size that fits is Bowe and Pryor and nobody knows, the other size is Mayle and he needs PS or IR with those hands. I hope for the Best of what we got in TB but we got no Dez nor Megatron in this future. Farmer your move..

It's all about who wants to be a weapon in this Offense and its slim right now. It's Benji, Hartline, Bibbs, Wynn and Jennings and some Lenz. Hawk and Gabe no shows?? The Size that fits is Bowe and Pryor and nobody knows, the other size is Mayle and he needs PS or IR with those hands. I hope for the Best of what we got in TB but we got no Dez nor Megatron in this future. Farmer your move..

agreed...dont see mayle in the 53 this year......heard a radio rumor that the cards are seriously hurting for D line and shopping Michael Floyd.....phil taylor and a late pick?....Id say yes....

I think McCown and Manziel with Thad on speed dial are our three QBs. Pryor is the emergency QB/Apprentice-WR. Shaw mends on the PS.

So there is room for Pryor plus six more...

Still feels to me like Hawk is bubble-ish. He seems troubled... frustrated. His reactions to the blown bubble screens his way in each of the past two games were way out of proportion to the game circumstance. Game 3 should tell us a lot.

Of the Moore/ Lenz/ Wynn/ Jennings group I think the last two are showing return game value atop WR promise. To me that trumps gunners...

agreed...dont see mayle in the 53 this year......heard a radio rumor that the cards are seriously hurting for D line and shopping Michael Floyd.....phil taylor and a late pick?....Id say yes....

Hmmmmm... Did Big Phil play last nite? Don't recall seeing him nor was he in the boxscore.

Mayle hurt himself last night but I still think they may use "injury" as a way to hide him.

Big Phil & a late pick or another DL for Floyd or Floyd & a pick.....OH YEAH!

Mike

Hawkins and Benjamin have the speed just lack the size on those 50/50 balls. Unfortunately after that you've got possession WRs in Hartline and Gabriel and possibly a washed up Bowe. Can only hope Josh Gordon can stay clean and come back next year with previous form.

Its not looking good for Housler right now....

And now I see that the Redskins just lost their 2nd TE this week(both are out for the season)......I say the farmer should get on the phone with them tomorrow and get us a late draft pick and some extra cap room.....

Well, dont say I didnt tip ya off Farmer.....woulda, coulda, shoulda got a 4th rounder.....easy.......but it's too late now....

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000514144/article/redskins-acquire-te-derek-carrier-in-trade-with-49ers

.....the Bears and Saints are still looking though.......

1. Bowe

2. Hartline

3. Hawkins

4. Gabriel

5. Benjamin

6. Pryor

7. Jennings

That's my prediction.

I loved Jennings at UVA and was glad the Browns signed him. Reminded me of Antonio Brown coming out of college.

https://twitter.com/MikeHoagJr/status/597917609988882432

Pryor could be cut if Pettine is genuine about keeping guys he knows can produce over potential.

Mayle & Wynn to P.S.

Still a lot of time till cuts, well not really, but he'll probably make it through the first round. Him Wynn and Jennings were all really solid pick ups. Lenz needs to have a big Game 3. He has been good in practice and the scrimmage but not so much during the games.

great potential in lenz. sad to see that there is no room for the kid.

Well look what the cat dragged in... Heya, Mikey...

Totally agree on Lenz, Wynn and Jennings... so at least we'll have that.

This guy isn't very good at his job, but here's one perspective from Pettine's comments today:

#Browns Pettine sounded as if CB Johnson Bademosi and WR Marlon Moore are locks to make team for special teams play. Moore will also play WR

Not a fan of keeping Moore over Jennings or Lenz. Jennings and Lenz can play STs. Tabor can use Poyer or others to fill Moore's spot.

Hi Tour, now that Bry is gone maybe we can be friends.

But now we have Josh... ;)

Why the hell not... I enjoyed talking football with you for a long time before things went south. Whether we agree or disagree, I've no doubt I can enjoy it again.

Welcome back...

I don't see how Jennings doesn't make the roster. I think Pryor ends up being

qb3/wr ....

But Jennings and Benjamin have been really getting serious notice on special teams.

Jennings is a legit wr, and st ace. Meanwhile, our special teams have been kicking ass

in the preseason so far...except for some dumb penalties.

http://www.clevelandsportszone.com/could-cleveland-browns-wrs-travis-benjamin-and-darius-jennings-make-the-roster/

Pryor may only want to be concerned about WR roster spot at this point. Viewing threw the preseason games of some of the 3rd string QB's with experience may have Shaw and Lewis both in trouble, take a look, but some talks may begin at cut time if it happens at all.

Pryor may only want to be concerned about WR roster spot at this point. Viewing threw the preseason games of some of the 3rd string QB's with experience may have Shaw and Lewis both in trouble, take a look, but some talks may begin at cut time if it happens at all.

Pettine made it clear that the only way Pryor makes it on the team is to show what he can do in games. Specifically needs to be well enough to play against Tampa.

Okay, I'm going to throw this back on 2 broken stilts:

1) Bowe - but I'm sort of worried about the drop off in his stats since 2011 showing me at least a lost step or 2 + bad hammy today.

2) Hartline - if my stance above looks crack pipe - I was wondering if we wasted cake on Hartline.

3) Gabriel

4) Hawkins - I read some compelling arguments/questions about why he's a lock; but he practices hard and he remains a Pettine fave.

5) Pryor - He offers us too much to cut. That said, Carolina might need to replace Benjamin enough to part with defensive help we could use.

6) Benjamin

If number 5 above shakes out it opens room for Wynn, Jennings, or Moore. If not, Wynn or Jennings can land on the practice squad.

I think I had a false positive on Lenz after the scrimmage. Everyone matching up with Bademosi seems to have days like that. I really think the coaching staff is trying this cornerback thing to justify a potential decision to choose Bademosi as our STs ace who looks to offer us 2 different positions in the secondary. I wouldn't be comfortable if we ever had to look to him at Safety or Corner right now. The sad thing is Marlon Moore does pretty much everything that's asked of him on offense. He's even willing to throw the final block Manziel scored on or catch the ball when he wasn't causing the STs fumble before we scored. Punt team gunner isn't a position a lot of veterans want to play in this league. It involves staring into a inside-outside double press; and our 2 guys were really good at that for us in 2014.

This is going to get interesting down the stretch. Some of the guys brought in can't shake off nagging injuries while some undrafted FA guys are raising eye brows in just about every small window of opportunity they get. Unfortunately, Vince Mayle didn't have a good night.

This is going to get interesting down the stretch. Some of the guys brought in can't shake off nagging injuries while some undrafted FA guys are raising eye brows in just about every small window of opportunity they get. Unfortunately, Vince Mayle didn't have a good night.

heck...it's interesting now......and very hard to figure what their strategy is gonna be.......keep the "best"....keep a few of each type....dunno.....

But.....thinking for the long haul and as close as some of these guys seem in talent/production.....Id say the BEST strategy would be to keep as many as possible.....even if it means PS.....

And the guys we can put on PS are Wynn, Mayle, Jennings and Lenz......everyone else either makes the team or gets waived.....period.

IF we keep the youngsters, then we lose the vets.....(Pryor, Hawk, Gabe, Benji, etc).....

So, it makes sense to me to keep the vets and see how they do.... and if not too good, then we can activate someone from PS.....

But the other way around?.....(keep the kids)....then where do we go if or when they fail?.....

Archived