THE BROWNS BOARD

Trade proposal

The Gipper

They are essentially fed up with RGIII in Wash.....having relegated him to backup....and some are calling for his outright release so that he will not be a "distraction" for the team.

People here are ready to give up on JMZ....as they believe he will never work out to be a starting QB in this league.

So....the solution is obvious......we trade JMZ for RGIII. Griffin gets out of the poisonous atmosphere there with the owner/GM/HC going round about him. He becomes the backup here and a possible reclamation project as a future starter.

JMZ goes to DC to be their 3rd string and learn behind Cousins and Colt....and one day when he is healthy he gets a fair shot at the starting job.

Works out for both.....or blows up for both (though if it does neither is any worse off then they are now).

What say you all?

Trading a sore arm for a fragile piece of rare china would be a bad mistake. Plus most things I have heard is that RG III's heart is no longer in the game.

Well.....his heart is no longer into playing for the dysfunctional Washington Redskins (who were fucked up under Dan Snyder before he got there and probably will continue to be if he leaves).....I'll grant that? But may not greener pastures help him reacquire his "heart for the game"? It can and has happened.

They are essentially fed up with RGIII in Wash.....having relegated him to backup....and some are calling for his outright release so that he will not be a "distraction" for the team.

People here are ready to give up on JMZ....as they believe he will never work out to be a starting QB in this league.

So....the solution is obvious......we trade JMZ for RGIII. Griffin gets out of the poisonous atmosphere there with the owner/GM/HC going round about him. He becomes the backup here and a possible reclamation project as a future starter.

JMZ goes to DC to be their 3rd string and learn behind Cousins and Colt....and one day when he is healthy he gets a fair shot at the starting job.

Works out for both.....or blows up for both (though if it does neither is any worse off then they are now).

What say you all?

Hell no.

But isn't he essentially recovered? It may have taken him two years....but isn't he over it.

(now....the question of his style of play.....and whether or not he is at risk for another bad injury is certainly in play)

Physically, he may be recovered. Mentally, it's harder to come back from a torn ACL than it is a little elbow soreness - especially when your value proposition to the team is your elusiveness.

I wouldn't mind us taking a flier on RG3, but not at the cost of JMZ.

I wouldnt make the trade.....RG3 seems fragile......and we've invested so much effort and time in Manziel that I think it would be foolish not to see it through....

Plus, we've seen lots of RG3 and barely any Johnny....Id rather see him actually play before we dump him

Some guys just can't avoid the injury bug, and RG3 is one of those dudes. To date he now has two ACL tears, two concussions, and a dislocated ankle.

He'll get let go by Washington sooner than later and it may be worth taking a flyer on him in FA, but not in a trade like this.

JF has proven that he sees the field, in short bursts.

RGIII...not sure if he gets it.

Nope on that trade.

Now, if I could trade for him with a 6th/7th round pick next year.....

Trading a sore arm for a fragile piece of rare china would be a bad mistake. Plus most things I have heard is that RG III's heart is no longer in the game.

Vince Young Part Deaux

What say you all?

No and hell no. We're not certain what JFF can do. I'm certain Griffin's playing style gets him hurt on a regular basis. He's a track guy with skinny legs. MHO doesn't have the physical frame to take a pounding. Ben Rothlisberger he ain't.

I'd rather keep our guy that at least has some hope of being something than take on a head case who has already failed.

Zombo

Ag said it best- the guy has has two ACL repairs + a concussion. The guy is another Sam Bradford China Doll- and it's looking like an attitude problem on top of it. I'll put the over under on the number of games Sam plays at 8- the same I'm giving RG Knee. ESPN radio was talking about it- and they had him going to either Arizona or the Saints- teams that have proven quarterbacks that are on the downside of their careers. Let the booger completely heal up, sit and learn. I'm not sure Griffin's mental makeup will allow him to do that.

Some guys just can't avoid the injury bug, and RG3 is one of those dudes. To date he now has two ACL tears, two concussions, and a dislocated ankle.

He'll get let go by Washington sooner than later and it may be worth taking a flyer on him in FA, but not in a trade like this.

Good point perhaps. Bring him in after he is cut.....and give him a try. Worth a shot.

Right Robby now he has a chance to be about as good as Johnny, Thaddy, or Patty....fair to say. And if it costs nothing, even better.

Whatever source you had Gip was full of shit. Pettine: On an update on QB Johnny Manzielicon-article-link.gif and when he might resume throwing:

“Yeah, he’s close. I just spoke with (head athletic trainer) Joe Sheehan about that, that he’s where we thought he would be in the progression and that we’re confident by the end of the week that he’ll be able to handle the football and throw it.”

If he gets cut, hell yes. In a trade, hell no. Believe he gets 16.1 guaranteed over the next 2 years barring injury.

He's a 25 year old who was a Pro Bowler in 2012.

Career numbers are a lot more solid than many realize. Once again the media can make people believe anything

Well both Josh and Johnny contract ends 2017, so a 2 year deal on RG3 and the best man wins maybe a option? The money RG3 signs for we our not winning such as Hoyer.

If he gets cut, hell yes. In a trade, hell no. Believe he gets 16.1 guaranteed over the next 2 years barring injury.

He's a 25 year old who was a Pro Bowler in 2012.

Career numbers are a lot more solid than many realize. Once again the media can make people believe anything

The media isn't making us believe he was oft-injured.

I'm in agreement with you though. I'd love to see him here if the price were right. A low risk trade or in FA. He still has potential.

The media isn't making us believe he was oft-injured.

I'm in agreement with you though. I'd love to see him here if the price were right. A low risk trade or in FA. He still has potential.

Unfortunately the injuries aren't as big of a deal as is him being made out to be a cancer that can't learn Gruden's offense. But that being said if he gets cut he has proven he can do it at a high level. Every time I think the dog killer sucked I go back and look at his numbers, pretty friggin good.

What say you all?

Nope.

I'm not banking on Johnny to be great, but it appears he followed a lot of advice and tried to get his head screwed on straight. He'll most likely play this year, given McCown's injury history. The Browns will know way more about him when this happens- is he an NFL QB or not.

RG3 obviously regressed. Plus the drama around him, seeking the "comeback story" would be as bad a distraction as Johnny's 1st season- the Browns don't need that again.

His teammates claim that it's all about RG3. The read offense got him hurt twice with torn ACLs Don't worry Chip Kelly now has another guy to add to his stable of bad QBs

Archived