THE BROWNS BOARD

53... and now what? Roster Analysis... Something doesn't add up

Tour2ma

Some random head-scratching over our "unusual" roster composition...

2 QB:

Tow worked last year, it'll work this year with Pryor as emergency.

Obviously have to be looking for a PS eligible youngster.

3 RB:

If trade West, sign a vet and a kid.

Can't see not having a 4th active every gameday... so need one spot unless...

1 FB:

Johnson runs well enough to act as the 4th RB in an emergency. Then we are looking at PS candidates.

4 TE:

I have no clue here... I don't see trade value. I don't see value of 4. Maybe Dray as emergency RT for 4 weeks?

7 WR:

Again... a little luxurious. I suspect Bowe is on a 4-week probation, which times with the return of a suspended OL...

6 OL:

Seymore makes 7 come Week #5, but until then? I think roll the dice, but it is a week-to-week gamble. Dray or a back-up DL as emergency OL early.

Obviously sign/resign at least one to PS... more likely 2, but we still need a slot on the 53...

11 DB:

4 Safeties... I get.

6 CBs I get...

Liking Bade on STs I get, but he can't crack the line-up at either position.

I smell trade opening a spot.

8 LB:

8 seems a tad luxurious, but I can see it.

8 DL:

Also seems luxurious, but Armonty is a swingman making it less so at DL...

... but more so at LB.

That's 50 plus three ST (K, P, LS).

27 on D.

23(?) on O???

Like I said... something doesn't add up...

Bottom line: Going to need at least one roster spot... possibly 2... maybe even 3 to get things in balance.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1. West by now is a ticking time bomb and on shaky ground right now. Bring in a something to prove Rice and a PS RB. 2. Get Lenz, Jennings, Mayle, Pullard, Painter, McDonald, D. Wynn, Nelson or James a QB and RB on PS. 3. We will have 3 TE's and Telfer could come off IR in week 6. 4. I still see a K coming and we may have the 1st PS K Spears just for the madness factor.

6 OL:

Seymore makes 7 come Week #5, but until then? I think roll the dice, but it is a week-to-week gamble. Dray or a back-up DL as emergency OL early.

Obviously sign/resign at least one to PS... more likely 2, but we still need a slot on the 53...

As pointed out to me in another thread Seymore was waived earlier... makes me even more confused...

08/27/2015 Waived OL Ryan Seymour.

I think Andrew McDonald will go to PS and be on the active roster at some point for OL depth

Yep. The other shoe hasn't dropped yet. There will be a series of moves which will end up with us having at least 7 OL next Sunday, McDonald is likely stashed on PS until we make room for him.

Z

Yep. The other shoe hasn't dropped yet. There will be a series of moves which will end up with us having at least 7 OL nex Sunday, McDonald is likely stashed on PS untile we make room for him.

Z

Well we have just a few hours to claim anyone off waivers that we feel would fit. Should be interesting.

As pointed out to me in another thread Seymore was waived earlier... makes me even more confused...

08/27/2015 Waived OL Ryan Seymour.

Maybe you meant Bowie the OT on IR

Looks like West won't be going to Dallas - they signed Michael from the Seahawks. So.. will West motivate himself to be more than replacement-level filler?

I'm not in favor of signing Duron Carter... too much self-promotion for less on-field production than the guy he'd replace, Moore.

Are the Texans still in play for West....maybe we can

get Hoyer back or maybe we can throw Housler in and

get Watt too!

So added OL and traded RB... still at 53 and more imbalanced at RB.

On DBs... I'd forgotten we carried 12 last year, so only 11 now is already down. Still have to be shopping someone on the D-side... guessing D-line.

Maybe you meant Bowie the OT on IR

Thanks for the benefit of the doubt, but no... remembered Seymore tested Positive for PEDs and thought he'd gone on Commissioner Suspended list. Somehow missed his getting cut.

Pryor will be our 3rd string QB, our 3rd string RB, and the third string WR.

Now there is the diversity the Browns saw in TP

some news from todays practice....

1) Johnny was throwing a football and Pettine says he'll be ready Sunday(and will be the back up)....

2) Pettine also said the Browns are trying to get Mayle on the PS and that still may happen.....(trying???).....so maybe its him who doesnt want us????

apparently Mayle was asked to sign and said he had other options.....sooooo.......see ya

Updated roster distribution:

2 QB: Now 3 adding Davis

3 RB: Now 2 minus West

1 FB: Now 1

4 TE: Now 4

7 WR: Now 7

6 OL: Now 7 adding Pasztor

-----------

23 --> 24

11 DB: Now 10 with Gaines to IR (Designated Return)

8 LB: Now 8

8 DL: Now 8

-----------

27 --> 26

That's 50 plus three ST (K, P, LS).

New Bottom line:

- Better balance.

- Unless trade is brewing I doubt anything changes on D until Gaines is healthy.

- Looks like a TE goes when a RB arrives.

Why's no one mentioned the idea that they could cut Pryor after giving him a "tryout" in the first couple games.

My guess would be that there are many OSU fans on this forum and from my experience, I find that fans of a particular college seem to be very protective - heck almost obsessed - of any players that came from said college.............. Just something I've seen for a year or so.

some news from todays practice....

1) Johnny was throwing a football and Pettine says he'll be ready Sunday(and will be the back up)....

2) Pettine also said the Browns are trying to get Mayle on the PS and that still may happen.....(trying???).....so maybe its him who doesnt want us????

apparently Mayle was asked to sign and said he had other options.....sooooo.......see ya

I saw on Twitter that Mayle signed with the Cowgirls to be on their PS.

Good riddance!

Why's no one mentioned the idea that they could cut Pryor after giving him a "tryout" in the first couple games.

Because if you are taking a chance on a talented guy learning a new position you're going to give him a full season. We already cut someone to keep him so we are committed I assume.

Z

My guess would be that there are many OSU fans on this forum and from my experience, I find that fans of a particular college seem to be very protective - heck almost obsessed - of any players that came from said college.............. Just something I've seen for a year or so.

LOL! Touche! :D

I think you see if the potential is there. The NFL is all about getting on the field in real action. Nothing else matters or will necessarily be indicative of future success.

We've barely seen him in a game. I'd give him 6 then reevaluate.

Archived