THE BROWNS BOARD

QB Austin Davis a Brown

WalterWhite

I like the Davis signing and the restraint being shown so far in views of his promise.

First, they are yell leaders, not cheerleaders.

Second, A&M was all-male until 1963.

Third, it has the largest ROTC program in the country.

I get that it and A&M's traditions are not easy to get. Despite friends and co-workers in Houston area trying repeatedly to explain them to me, I did not get them until my daughter decided to go there.

You cannot swing a dead cat in Texas without hitting a "former student"... that is an alumnus to the rest of us.

The school whose game I am attending does have cheerleaders. My daughter is one of them.

And actually....the colors are the same as A&Ms...so the uniforms could be similar......can we sneak her in to cheer for your team?

Or maybe the whole group of them, here they are:

DSC06295.JPG

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Zero.....which does not change my statement one iota.......nor does it have any bearing on what I said.....big school heisman winners get picked every single year(somewhere) and those cities dont inherit the insanity that followed the JM pick....

To me(us), JFF was just the third 1st round QB we picked in the last 5 years(Quinn Weeden Manziel).....all picked in the early 20's.....making them all the same to me.....just late first round QB's.......(if he was so amazing, the truth is that he woulda been picked earlier....plain and simple)....

And, as we've said a million times, winning the heisman doesnt really mean a thing.....just ask Andre Ware, Tim Tebow, Danny Wueffel, Eric Crouch, Gino Torretta, Chris Weinke, Jason White...

OH.......and Troy Smith(who is an OSU Heisman winning QB)(and didnt have a gaggle of goobers following and ranting about his uber greatness)(guaranteed).....

soooo.....it was what it was......an over the top, completely annoying, very gay influx of unprecedented manlove for a very questionable pick we made one season......(and we pick players in the first round....every single year)(really...we do).....

So, in summary, I stand by what I said......paint it however you want....

So you took that statement as me saying "he's a Heisman winner. He'll be good." Ok...

All I said was him being a Heisman winner makes his college fans want to follow him. I'm sorry we haven't all got it figured out like the mighty Ohio State fans.

Doesn't A&M have male cheer leaders? Mike Leach had a gem about it.

"How come they get to pretend they are soldiers? The thing is, they aren't actually in the military. I ought to have Mike's Pirate School. The freshmen, all they get is the bandanna. When you're a senior, you get the sword and skull and crossbones. For homework, we'll work pirate maneuvers and stuff like that."

About half go to the military. I don't like those odds that I may be making fun of one of our soldiers, but you've proven you have no scruples on stuff like this so it doesn't surprise me. Leach is a bona fide Retard. He just lost to Portland State. He got fired from his last job. Did he even make a bowl last year? Yeah, I pretty much wipe my ass with his opinion.

So you took that statement as me saying "he's a Heisman winner. He'll be good." Ok...

All I said was him being a Heisman winner makes his college fans want to follow him. I'm sorry we haven't all got it figured out like the mighty Ohio State fans.

No......I didnt take your statement as anything but what you said.....please stop putting words in my mouth....

I simply said we were overrun by A&M fans, unlike anything we'd ever seen before......(which is completely true)....

And you took offense(I think) and defended it by saying he won the Heisman and went to a big school....

And then I said...."so what".....lots of players win heismans and go to big schools, but their fans dont overreact the same way....

and then you switched it to me saying that you're saying he would be good because he won the heisman....???(switch)

Cmon Wargo.....stop twisting things and read what I say for what it REALLY is.....(I know you're smarter than that)....

Heck...you've claimed all along you weren't even here or part of that influx and that you're a Browns fan first and foremost.....so why get bothered when I comment on the ones who were here acting like asses(for a long time too).....so, by your words, its not even your battle to fight....nor were you here to experience it, so why deny it happened or defend it?

I predict that Austin will be starting by week 8. The Browns offense will not be able to compete in a passing dominant league. The Browns will be forced to draft a wide receiver and QB 2016. McCown will be gone and Cardale Jones should be who they target.

I'm not part of that group, but i don't get worked up about them. It may have been unprecedented for you as a Browns fan, but it should not have been unexpected. I can pretty much guarantee Titans boards are full of Oregon fans right now. And A&M has twice as many alumni.

No......I didnt take your statement as anything but what you said.....please stop putting words in my mouth....

I simply said we were overrun by A&M fans, unlike anything we'd ever seen before......(which is completely true)....

And you took offense(I think) and defended it by saying he won the Heisman and went to a big school....

And then I said...."so what".....lots of players win heismans and go to big schools, but their fans dont overreact the same way....

and then you switched it to me saying that you're saying he would be good because he won the heisman....???(switch)

Cmon Wargo.....stop twisting things and read what I say for what it REALLY is.....(I know you're smarter than that)....

Heck...you've claimed all along you weren't even here or part of that influx and that you're a Browns fan first and foremost.....so why get bothered when I comment on the ones who were here acting like asses(for a long time too).....so, by your words, its not even your battle to fight....nor were you here to experience it, so why deny it happened or defend it?

A&M fans aren't used to having players of Manziel's caliber playing for them. While its true there weren't many players as electric as him to ever play the game, Ohio State has had their fair share of solid college players, so maybe OSU fans are just more used to it.

This isn't a knock against the university by any means. They had the most polarizing player in the nation, it's only logical that he would have a large fan base follow him.

Further, and this is only speculation, but college football is much more popular in the south than professional football is. I would venture to say that you'd find a larger proportion of people in the south who have college football affiliations but not professional football affiliations. Therefore, when one of the most polarizing players who happens to play in a Southern conference goes to a professional program, you'd see a larger fanbase follow him.

They will end up starting him because McCown is so immobile he'll never stay healthy. Manziel's sore elbow is a huge red flag, so I see Davis playing at least the second half of the season. Terrell Pryor is a mistake and has shown nothing so far they could cut him.

Our front office needs to wake up and draft a big wide receiver. Someone who can fight the defender for the ball. Take Cardale Jones and wide receiver next year and scrap the Manziel project.

Gipper,

We have Auburn that weekend at Kyle with a time to be announced. Usually Nov. games are daytime, but if TV is involved it might actually start @ 7 pm. You could just barely make it if you left S.A. by 430. But parking might be a problem with the nearest being about 1 1/2 miles away for a late arrival like that. You'd make it in before halftime. However, you would certainly be able to hear it from that parking lot. LOL. :D

one of the most polarizing players

there it is....polarizing....

Which, by definition, means as many people love him as those who hate him.....

And Id say he has a polarizing fan base too....1/2 are over the top fanboys and half are just good normal acting football fans.....

Can you guess which half annoys me....???.....so which are you Wargo?.....the one who understands he's just another QB prospect or the one who throws out all the bs and claims he's the greatest everrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr......?

Gipper,

We have Auburn that weekend at Kyle with a time to be announced. Usually Nov. games are daytime, but if TV is involved it might actually start @ 7 pm. You could just barely make it if you left S.A. by 430. But parking might be a problem with the nearest being about 1 1/2 miles away for a late arrival like that. You'd make it in before halftime. However, you would certainly be able to hear it from that parking lot. LOL. :D

And the nearest available room?

If you have never done an Aggie game, then you have to get there early enough for March in...

I think you overestimate %age of "normal" for us. :P

HA!....

cmon now....most of youz are ok in my book......and most, if not all, of the extreme idiots are long gone.....

until......if.....when....Johnny plays well.....then it will start again.....Im sure....

Someone just seems to be bothered by the fact that I was bothered by these idiots.....

Gipper,

Maybe I will just watch it on TV....if that is the plan. Will probably go out for dinner after the game....Give me your list of best Mexican restaurant/sports bars in SA. (you....y'all....any of you Texas Twisters).

there it is....polarizing....

Which, by definition, means as many people love him as those who hate him.....

And Id say he has a polarizing fan base too....1/2 are over the top fanboys and half are just good normal acting football fans.....

Can you guess which half annoys me....???.....so which are you Wargo?.....the one who understands he's just another QB prospect or the one who throws out all the bs and claims he's the greatest everrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr......?

You're comparing two different groups analyzing two different things. No one is saying he's the "greatest everrrrrr" NFL QB. He is one of the greatest in college.

Our front office needs to wake up and draft a big wide receiver. Someone who can fight the defender for the ball. Take Cardale Jones and wide receiver next year and scrap the Manziel project.

Oh no, the 2016 draft already. I hear ya, but let's please drop the draft crap for awhile.

Browns 23 Jets 14

They will end up starting him because McCown is so immobile he'll never stay healthy. Manziel's sore elbow is a huge red flag, so I see Davis playing at least the second half of the season. Terrell Pryor is a mistake and has shown nothing so far they could cut him.

Pryor is like 6'4-5...and full of muscles. Here he is. You think he can't "fight the defender for the ball" if he don't want to? Most of the DBs are 5 to 6 inches shorter.

0724-terrell-pryor-instagram-1200x630.jp

Maybe I will just watch it on TV....if that is the plan. Will probably go out for dinner after the game....Give me your list of best Mexican restaurant/sports bars in SA. (you....y'all....any of you Texas Twisters).

La Fogata may be the best known Mexican in San Antonio. Been there a couple times... good stuff.

No idea on Sports Bars...

Damn, after reading todays entry's may I say. "I really miss talking to our 2 new Southern Miss. fans". :o On a Austin Davis tread a tour of Aggieville. Come on Man!!

That sounds familiar. I may have even gone there. I expect that my daughter would know.

Well if you haven't been on the riverwalk before, there are a couple of decent ones there she could take you to. I rarely make it to San Antonio.

What game are you going to @ 1pm?

Archived