THE BROWNS BOARD

Official Depth Chart

Zombo

Allow me a moment to take a victory lap on our starting 2014 O-line remaining in tact...

... and I'm done... and out of breath...

Hopefully Bowe's 3rd string status is just an injury carry over, lack of timing issue with McCown, because the alternative is a pissing contest between a GM who won't cut him and a HC who won't play him.

Other notes:

- Housler ahead of Bibbs surprises me.

- To call our RB corps improved over what we thought we had going into 2014 is ludicrous.

- Still not feeling Solomon opposite Krugs... way too susceptible to the pass.

- Kirksey now entrenched at ILB alongside Dansby.

- I wonder if part of Bade sticking is added insurance behind Gip?

- Is injury part of the reason Desir is behind Gilbert?

I'm guessing Pett isn't too chuffed with that at the moment.

Chuffed?

G. Winston 28

I'd forgotten all about Glenn sitting there on the non-football injury list...

Can't seem to find any updates on his knee... Anyone?

Nothing I can find about him. However I believe he was having a very strong showing until his injury.

Perhaps the coaches expect him back in the near future, hence the lack of urgency in signing a new back and their willingness to rid themselves of West?

Nothing I can find about him. However I believe he was having a very strong showing until his injury.

Perhaps the coaches expect him back in the near future, hence the lack of urgency in signing a new back and their willingness to rid themselves of West?

Last I read about his knee scope was he was out for the season.

Edit:

Guess it was just an update from Mary Kay on Aug. 6th. Take that for what it's worth...

"Browns RB Glenn Winston underwent arthroscopic knee surgery.
This leaves the second-year UDFA with little chance of making the team. It's possible Winston will eventually be waived/injured, and spend the season on I.R." Aug. 6th

Strange. Usually with a cleaning out/scope the recovery time is no where near that long.

Ya, check that edit I added. I went back and found what I had read and it was just a Mary Kay update. As usual no real hard evidence from her.

Welcome to the thread, Captain.

HA!!!! That's what I get for reading the forum on my phone while waiting 'patiently' at the DMV............

Nothing I can find about him.

Perhaps the coaches expect him back in the near future, hence the lack of urgency in signing a new back a

Because he's now on the non football injury list, he cant return to practice until after week 6......and, since he cant practice until then, I would doubt he'd be game ready immediately.....

so, hopefully, they have a better plan....

Archived