THE BROWNS BOARD

Is it time to admit these guys arent as talented as we've been led to beleive?

Clevfan4life

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i'm curious what you said but u need to come back to earth if you think u are so infinitely insightful someone would actually hunt for it without a link.

how about helping a nugga out and putting in some effort. please.

You responded to it....

...and penalties......lots and lots of penalties......Bito, Mack, Greco & Schwartz all pitched in......

Isnt that what we did last season??.......just over 1 year ago Farmer started and we now have replaced 80% of the team(over 1 season).....maybe they should have replaced 100%...?.....Sheesh...talk about the need for instant gratification...

Our fans expect worst to first......or else....screw em....

Considering the D line had so many injuries last season, I was giving them the benefit of the doubt.....but OLB's.....they were my mantra for the draft last season(and for 2016 too).......

And we let the best one go, when Sheard left for NE....(our #1 rated LB against the run last year, btw)

Should have signed Aldon Smith. Oakland quietly did and as far as I can tell has received no PR fallout whatever.

Chudzinski...just a guess.

haha wow. touche to both. I actually forgot about Chud too. this team morphs faster than cloud patterns...it's almost nearly impossible to totally keep up and be involved with anything else in life. ugh. if it weren't for the masochistic passion it would be utterly exhaustingggggg

Isnt that what we did last season??.......just over 1 year ago Farmer started and we now have replaced 80% of the team(over 1 season).....maybe they should have replaced 100%...?.....Sheesh...talk about the need for instant gratification...

Our fans expect worst to first......or else....screw em....

Considering the D line had so many injuries last season, I was giving them the benefit of the doubt.....but OLB's.....they were my mantra for the draft last season(and for 2016 too).......

no instant grat dude, but c'mon...last year we were competitive, at least at the beginning of the season. THat is "offensively" of course. And we were told that just wait the defense will come along. Well they won't, nothing has been fixed from last year. I see what Pettine's stamp has left in Buffalo and frankly i'd be willing to get rid of any guys who Pettine doesn't feel can properly run his Defense. Which obviously they can't. I'm more willing to firesale a lot of guys than I am to get a new coach in here and say "well now let's see what you can do with these guys". That's been done for years now. Bring in a coach and let him draft specifically for his fit for years.

Farmer may not be who we thought he was either. I hate saying that but that dude has made some very questionable decisions lately. And frankly his drafting isn't panning out either. He refuses to acknowledge that guys that catch balls, especially poorly thrown ones, are incredibly valuable in this league.

no Aldon played alongside Smith in SF. Is Tuck in Oakland now or something? I'm just saying that a lot of Aldons success came from looping and stunting around one of the best 5-Techs in years. And yeah Justin benefitted from Aldon too on question.

Yes, Justin Tuck is in Oakland since last year.

I'm sick of making excuses for the OL. We're trying to have one of the best in the league. Like no worse than top 3. That's the goal, right? Well who does everyone think is #1? The Cowboys. All their OL did last year was go into Seattle and have a 100 yard rusher. Go into St. Louis and have a 100 yard rusher. Go to Arizona and have their RB over 4 ypc and 70 yards. 100 yard rusher against the Lions. No problem.

Host the top-32, 2015 NYG Defense and post a total of 60 yards rushing... No Problem...

Haden has been average, bad, or terrible, and it's completely ignored because of a couple good games. I think it's worth addressing. When you pay a guy as much as team has, you're not supposed to see that type of performance. Patrick Peterson was another guy like Haden who got a big pay day and has been abused a lot. It's strange that sometimes hype creates reality. I do think Joe is a good player who had a bad game, but his bad games are too frequent in my opinion.

Justin Gilbert could get better, but it's really weird how he's not getting better. That pick-6 vs. Luck was really encouraging last season. Maybe he can't get out of his own head, it sounds like he has some psychological stuff going on.

no instant grat dude, but c'mon...last year we were competitive, at least at the beginning of the season. THat is "offensively" of course. And we were told that just wait the defense will come along. Well they won't, nothing has been fixed from last year. I see what Pettine's stamp has left in Buffalo and frankly i'd be willing to get rid of any guys who Pettine doesn't feel can properly run his Defense. Which obviously they can't. I'm more willing to firesale a lot of guys than I am to get a new coach in here and say "well now let's see what you can do with these guys". That's been done for years now. Bring in a coach and let him draft specifically for his fit for years.

Farmer may not be who we thought he was either. I hate saying that but that dude has made some very questionable decisions lately. And frankly his drafting isn't panning out either. He refuses to acknowledge that guys that catch balls, especially poorly thrown ones, are incredibly valuable in this league.

Cleve I said it last year and I'll say it this year, for the most part we beat bums last year. Our strength of schedule is harder this year and talent on offense is less.

Archived