THE BROWNS BOARD

Why the early hate

cambridgeho

I watched a lot of games yesterday and seen some damn good teams go down to some lesser opponents. Is Indy gonna give up, fuck no, is Seattle going to pack it in, fuck no. Shit happens guy/girls. We will adjust and win some games. Our whole team was rocked when Mccown went down, and we never recovered. It is what it is, and you just play on. Stop the insane negative fucking bullshit. Its week one and everyone is already talking shit. The outsiders already called the collaspe of our fandom, and you just drank the fucking cool aide. We knew we would have to work at everything to get the wins, we dont have a top 20 QB or RB or WR or pretty much anything else, we are biased as a mother fucker, so we buy into the media hype. Just let it fucking go and just be a fan and let shit happen. Because if we end up doing good, I would expect all you negative fucks to revoke your man and Browns Card. Dont Look to OSU or the Cavs, let this shit develope, we are tied for 2nd in the AFC North. God speed to all you always negative fucks.

Have been drinking, so disregard spelling errors.

Drinking helps with optimism , you are typing well considering how much you had to drink to be that optimistic. Haha playful sarcasm

Haha, just think we are being to critical of our team man. We lost a damn good amount of players on Offense and D. I think they thought they were better then they played and they will bounce back.

Haha, just think we are being to critical of our team man. We lost a damn good amount of players on Offense and D. I think they thought they were better then they played and they will bounce back.

got to be criticaL. hell, if we weren't we wouldn't be true fans.

i think everything is going to be OK (and really it's not changing anything in true life is it?) it's just when i start giving record predicts of 9-7 or 8-8 and we lose to the cream puff jets the first week out...........

yikes. hell, we'll make it up when we go out west.

got to be criticaL. hell, if we weren't we wouldn't be true fans.

i think everything is going to be OK (and really it's not changing anything in true life is it?) it's just when i start giving record predicts of 9-7 or 8-8 and we lose to the cream puff jets the first week out...........

yikes. hell, we'll make it up when we go out west.

The jets are a damn good team. Look up Fitzpats stats as a QB, they are not to bad. They also have to all pro WR's and a nasty ass Oline. They also have a top 10 defense. We were prepared for what hot us in the mouth. We played down to the oppenents, just like a lot of other teams. Yes we have shit to work on, but or season is not over.

I watched a lot of games yesterday and seen some damn good teams go down to some lesser opponents. Is Indy gonna give up, fuck no, is Seattle going to pack it in, fuck no. Shit happens guy/girls. We will adjust and win some games. Our whole team was rocked when Mccown went down, and we never recovered. It is what it is, and you just play on. Stop the insane negative fucking bullshit. Its week one and everyone is already talking shit. The outsiders already called the collaspe of our fandom, and you just drank the fucking cool aide. We knew we would have to work at everything to get the wins, we dont have a top 20 QB or RB or WR or pretty much anything else, we are biased as a mother fucker, so we buy into the media hype. Just let it fucking go and just be a fan and let shit happen. Because if we end up doing good, I would expect all you negative fucks to revoke your man and Browns Card. Dont Look to OSU or the Cavs, let this shit develope, we are tied for 2nd in the AFC North. God speed to all you always negative fucks.

Have been drinking, so disregard spelling errors.

The only thing I disagree with is not looking to osu or the cavs. Those are both our teams as much as the browns and both wildly better than the browns to boot. We should be celebrating those teams.

The jets are a damn good team. Look up Fitzpats stats as a QB, they are not to bad. They also have to all pro WR's and a nasty ass Oline. They also have a top 10 defense. We were prepared for what hot us in the mouth. We played down to the oppenents, just like a lot of other teams. Yes we have shit to work on, but or season is not over.

if you are to say the jets are a damn good team then you are the first i've heard say that and i live in this town.

nobody's picking the jets to win the afce or even make it to the playoffs but yet they ramrodded the fuck out of the browns.

sometimes an eye test is all you need.

if you are to say the jets are a damn good team then you are the first i've heard say that and i live in this town.

nobody's picking the jets to win the afce or even make it to the playoffs but yet they ramrodded the fuck out of the browns.

sometimes an eye test is all you need.

They have had a good D for awhile. Now they have Revis back. Cro may not be back, but the are still tough in the secondary. By the way, new york is as knee jerk as any other city. I get that the 2nd qb beat us, but the dude has started in a few NFL games. It not like we let Petty go ham on us. They obviously knew that Haden would grap and bite on everything. The next game we have a rookie. If our D dont show All Pro numbers then we may have a problem.

Our whole team was rocked when Mccown went down, and we never recovered.

No. Our whole team wasn't rocked when McCown went down.

We went up 7-0 after the Johnny TD

We intercepted a pass and dumbass Gipson let Marshall pry it away and the Jets scored making it 7-7

We then got good field position after the botched snap and went up 10-7 on the Jets.

Our defense SUCKED FUCKING COCK and let Fitzgerald rip us apart like a hot knife through butter.

Our offensive line sucked fucking cock and couldn't get a running game going whatsoever or hold the QB up

I don't care if it was McCown or Manziel, QB was about the only bright spots on our team yesterday

The jets are a damn good team.

The Jets are not a "damn good team"

They are without their starting QB, starting TE, and starting DT and raped us anally without any lube.

They were a 4-12 team last year.

The Browns just have horrible coaching and have drafted awful players for the past 5 drafts.

wow. you can see the fat still bubbling up on top.

how do buckeyes eat ham?

i'd slap that in and make an italian combo with some mortadella and cappacolla with all the fixins (crushed hot peppers)........drippin with red wine vinegar and olive oil.

Now I am a little less angry I am more optimistic.

That's never happened to Gipson before and sometimes you just have to say hats off to the other player, Marshall in this case. We also should recovered the ball and had 1st and goal on their botched snap but somehow the ball bounced back to Fitzpatrick. Add in our QB going down in Q1 after a really promising start and there are some valid reasons not to be TOO downhearted. We could and should have been 14-17 points up.

That said the way we crumbled cannot happen again, the vets that are still here are meant to be better than that.

We lost our first game last year and won seven of the next 10, pick ourselves up and go again.

The only thing I disagree with is not looking to osu or the cavs. Those are both our teams as much as the browns and both wildly better than the browns to boot. We should be celebrating those teams.

Being from Toledo, I have added the Rockets to that list. HC Campbell has his subpar, no star team going to the god's of SEC country in Arkansas with the largest avg. weight OL of 330lbs per man including S.D. Chargers and plays with heart, discipline, and passion and knocked them fat asses all over the field. Go Rockets!!

I was super optimistic after the first 10 minutes of the game - everything looked *exactly* as we wanted it to. We forced a punt in (I think) 5 plays of D, then we took about 9 minutes to get all the way down the field, mixing up passing and throwing nicely, converting third downs as necessary, and we were in a position to put points on the board.

After that, with McCown out, it went a bit to shit. Manziel got a nice TD, if slightly under thrown, which should have helped continue the momentum. But then, Just as we were about to get a turnover, or at least force a punt again, brandon marshall did his thing and for some reason it knocked everything out of us.

After that, with the heads down, the Jets built a lead. Knowing we had to pass because we were trailing and had effectively no run game, they just kept sending pressure, and Manziel - in only his second start - began to panic a little and started leaving the pocket early. There was no coming back from that point.

So the positives? That everything was going perfectly until it wasn't.

The negatives

1) No run game. That's basically the biggest thing for me. In the passing game we gained only around 200 yards, but I don't think we're really set up to get 400 yards per game. Slightly more would be nice - 250-300 maybe - but that doesn't bother me.

2) Penalties - too many. By like, 10. When we weren't giving the ball away to kill the drive, we were killing it ourselves by putting ourselves in third and very long. And even then when Manziel scrambled for 20 to pick up the first down, it was pulled back for a hold on (I think) Mack.

The turnovers aren't great, of course, you turn it over five times, you lose, simple. But of those five:

Fumble by McCown - he shouldn't be making that dive, so sotp him making the dive, no fumble

Strip on Gipson - Gipson is giving up about 5" and 200lbs on Brandon Marsall. He should have protected it better maybe, but don't forget the only reason he got stripped is because he picked Fitzpatrick in the first place.

INT - not a good throw. This is the concerning one because Hartline was open for Manziel to lead him. Threw to the back shoulder and the DB made a play.

Manziel Fumbles - both from leaving the pocket too early. Stay in the pocket, those fumbles clean themselves up.

So yeah, some negatives, but still positives. Biggest worry is how quickly and easily the heads dropped when the momentum changed. That's on the vets and coaches to step up and rally.

This. If you could not see that the franchise rookie DT the Jets lucked into completely shut down any left side running, then you must not have been watching. That allowed the rest of the team to concentrate on stopping the right side running. We were supposed to be a run first team, but they forced us completely out of that game plan and then tore apart our pass blocking.

Meanwhile we did nothing to put any pressure on Fitz. Penalties added to the problem. Receivers not getting open completed the deal.

Reality.. every team has problems.

For example, seattle's OL is going to keep them from getting to the playoffs, let alone win the SB -- and they have the franchise QB that everyone here thinks is the only important player.

russell wilson is a queef.

fuck that dude.

We spent two weeks preparing for the Jets with an offense ran by McCown. He gets his bell rung early and that "holy shit we got one QB left" moment kicks in for Pettine and the fire drill starts. Let's not get too freaked out after one game with an unfortunate turn of events. Everybody needs to take a deep breath and relax.

I still think we are headed in the right direction. Marriota is gonna get welcomed to the NFL next week.

GO BROWNS !!!!!

I guess as a die hard Browns fan, I have to disagree. My Dawgs come first, regardless of who else is playing. Even if we go Ofer, i will still be the biggest fan. Now with that said, our coaching staff has to do a better job of preparation.

Archived