THE BROWNS BOARD

Michigan (gag) town votes to deny building permit for Mosque

DieHardBrownsFan

...Furthermore they seem to support Islam when in Islam it is perfectly acceptable to rape young boys and infidel women. But they are quick to point out the Catholic Church scandal.

Uh, I'm sorry to have to burst your bubble, but rape is apparently perfectly acceptable in the Bible too:

Judges 5:30

Judges 21:10-24

Numbers 31:7-18

Deuteronomy 21:10-14

Deuteronomy 20:10-14

Deuteronomy 22:28-29 (in this little gem, a rapist's punishment is to pay 50 silver pieces to the woman's father, and the woman has to marry the very man who raped her. Sounds totally reasonable, no?)

Deuteronomy 22:23-24 (another great example of the moral superiority of the Judeo-Christian faith. In this case, it's perfectly fine to kill the rape victim along with the rapist. Guess you don't need to be Islamic to make that legit, then.)

Exodus 21:7-11 (this one lays down the rules for the keeping of sex slaves. But we'll just skip over that one in Sunday school...)

Zechariah 14:1-2 (this one, God not only approves of raping and pillaging, he actively participates in it.)

And those were the just the instances where the bible condoned rape only. I'm pretty certain that if you looked hard enough, the Bible would, at the very least, give examples of every moral abomination that Islamic radicals have done or will do; at the very worst, it will actually show examples where God approved of it.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And if I'm remembering correctly, didn't God kill the firstborn sons in Egypt? I can take an educated guess and state that many of those killed were infants and children as well, who were perfectly innocent. But hey, as long as it's kosher with the Big G, then killing innocent babies and children is perfectly legit I guess.

And if I'm remembering correctly, didn't God kill the firstborn sons in Egypt? I can take an educated guess and state that many of those killed were infants and children as well, who were perfectly innocent. But hey, as long as it's kosher with the Big G, then killing innocent babies and children is perfectly legit I guess.

So I'm surprised more Democrats and liberals aren't Christians.

WSS

So I'm surprised more Democrats and liberals aren't Christians.

WSS

Ah, well you know how us crazy liberal Dems are. Between taking all those smoke breaks with the weed we bought with our unemployment checks and supporting Comrade Obama's "Islamo-African-Sino-Russian-Antichrist" agenda, we simply don't have the time to justify our hypocrisy with religious services every week. Simply not enough hours in the day, my man.

Uh, I'm sorry to have to burst your bubble, but rape is apparently perfectly acceptable in the Bible too:

Judges 5:30

Judges 21:10-24

Numbers 31:7-18

Deuteronomy 21:10-14

Deuteronomy 20:10-14

Deuteronomy 22:28-29 (in this little gem, a rapist's punishment is to pay 50 silver pieces to the woman's father, and the woman has to marry the very man who raped her. Sounds totally reasonable, no?)

Deuteronomy 22:23-24 (another great example of the moral superiority of the Judeo-Christian faith. In this case, it's perfectly fine to kill the rape victim along with the rapist. Guess you don't need to be Islamic to make that legit, then.)

Exodus 21:7-11 (this one lays down the rules for the keeping of sex slaves. But we'll just skip over that one in Sunday school...)

Zechariah 14:1-2 (this one, God not only approves of raping and pillaging, he actively participates in it.)

And those were the just the instances where the bible condoned rape only. I'm pretty certain that if you looked hard enough, the Bible would, at the very least, give examples of every moral abomination that Islamic radicals have done or will do; at the very worst, it will actually show examples where God approved of it.

How about you post the actual passage instead of someone's warped interpretation?

They're busy finding and dividing the war booty, aren't they? A girl or two for each valiant warrior, and some dyed materials for Sisera perhaps dyed, embroidered war booty or some detailed embroidery for my neck as the booty of war!

--judges 5:30

So where is the condoning of rape? Need I post the real passages for each of them?

Ah, well you know how us crazy liberal Dems are. Between taking all those smoke breaks with the weed we bought with our unemployment checks and supporting Comrade Obama's "Islamo-African-Sino-Russian-Antichrist" agenda, we simply don't have the time to justify our hypocrisy with religious services every week. Simply not enough hours in the day, my man.

Well you could incorporate the murder of newborns with the service so that cuts down on time, right?

You have to learn to multitask!

:)

WSS

And let me ask: do you think that in Esther, when Haman talks Xerxes into killing all of the Jews, that the bible is then condoning killing all Jews? lol the bible tells stories in a context. Many quotes, such as Haman talking to Xerxes, are separate passages. It's easy to be numbskull and take single passages out of context...

How about you post the actual passage instead of someone's warped interpretation?

Well, since you asked so nicely:

Judges 21:10-24: 10 And the congregation sent thither twelve thousand men of the valiantest, and commanded them, saying, Go and smite the inhabitants of Jabeshgilead with the edge of the sword, with the women and the children.

11 And this is the thing that ye shall do, Ye shall utterly destroy every male, and every woman that hath lain by man.

12 And they found among the inhabitants of Jabeshgilead four hundred young virgins, that had known no man by lying with any male: and they brought them unto the camp to Shiloh, which is in the land of Canaan.

13 And the whole congregation sent some to speak to the children of Benjamin that were in the rock Rimmon, and to call peaceably unto them.

14 And Benjamin came again at that time; and they gave them wives which they had saved alive of the women of Jabeshgilead and yet so they sufficed them not.

15 And the people repented them for Benjamin, because that the Lord had made a breach in the tribes of Israel.

16 Then the elders of the congregation said, How shall we do for wives for them that remain, seeing the women are destroyed out of Benjamin?

17 And they said, There must be an inheritance for them that be escaped of Benjamin, that a tribe be not destroyed out of Israel.

18 Howbeit we may not give them wives of our daughters: for the children of Israel have sworn, saying, Cursed be he that giveth a wife to Benjamin.

19 Then they said, Behold, there is a feast of the Lord in Shiloh yearly in a place which is on the north side of Bethel, on the east side of the highway that goeth up from Bethel to Shechem, and on the south of Lebonah.

20 Therefore they commanded the children of Benjamin, saying, Go and lie in wait in the vineyards;

21 And see, and, behold, if the daughters of Shiloh come out to dance in dances, then come ye out of the vineyards, and catch you every man his wife of the daughters of Shiloh, and go to the land of Benjamin.

22 And it shall be, when their fathers or their brethren come unto us to complain, that we will say unto them, Be favourable unto them for our sakes: because we reserved not to each man his wife in the war: for ye did not give unto them at this time, that ye should be guilty.

23 And the children of Benjamin did so, and took them wives, according to their number, of them that danced, whom they caught: and they went and returned unto their inheritance, and repaired the cities, and dwelt in them.

24 And the children of Israel departed thence at that time, every man to his tribe and to his family, and they went out from thence every man to his inheritance.

Deuteronomy 20:10-14:

As you approach a town to attack it, first offer its people terms for peace. If they accept your terms and open the gates to you, then all the people inside will serve you in forced labor. But if they refuse to make peace and prepare to fight, you must attack the town. When the LORD your God hands it over to you, kill every man in the town. But you may keep for yourselves all the women, children, livestock, and other plunder. You may enjoy the spoils of your enemies that the LORD your God has given you.

Deuteronomy 22:28-29:

If a man is caught in the act of raping a young woman who is not engaged, he must pay fifty pieces of silver to her father. Then he must marry the young woman because he violated her, and he will never be allowed to divorce her.

Deuteronomy 22:23-24:

If within the city a man comes upon a maiden who is betrothed, and has relations with her, you shall bring them both out of the gate of the city and there stone them to death: the girl because she did not cry out for help though she was in the city, and the man because he violated his neighbors wife.

Deuteronomy 21:10-14:

When you go out to war against your enemies and the LORD, your God, delivers them into your hand, so that you take captives, if you see a comely woman among the captives and become so enamored of her that you wish to have her as wife, you may take her home to your house. But before she may live there, she must shave her head and pare her nails and lay aside her captive's garb. After she has mourned her father and mother for a full month, you may have relations with her, and you shall be her husband and she shall be your wife. However, if later on you lose your liking for her, you shall give her her freedom, if she wishes it; but you shall not sell her or enslave her, since she was married to you under compulsion."

Exodus 21:7-11:

When a man sells his daughter as a slave, she will not be freed at the end of six years as the men are. If she does not please the man who bought her, he may allow her to be bought back again. But he is not allowed to sell her to foreigners, since he is the one who broke the contract with her. And if the slave girl's owner arranges for her to marry his son, he may no longer treat her as a slave girl, but he must treat her as his daughter. If he himself marries her and then takes another wife, he may not reduce her food or clothing or fail to sleep with her as his wife. If he fails in any of these three ways, she may leave as a free woman without making any payment.

Zechariah 14:1-2:

Lo, a day shall come for the Lord when the spoils shall be divided in your midst. And I will gather all the nations against Jerusalem for battle: the city shall be taken, houses plundered, women ravished; half of the city shall go into exile, but the rest of the people shall not be removed from the city.

Well, since you asked so nicely:

Judges 21:10-24: 10 And the congregation sent thither twelve thousand men of the valiantest, and commanded them, saying, Go and smite the inhabitants of Jabeshgilead with the edge of the sword, with the women and the children.

11 And this is the thing that ye shall do, Ye shall utterly destroy every male, and every woman that hath lain by man.

12 And they found among the inhabitants of Jabeshgilead four hundred young virgins, that had known no man by lying with any male: and they brought them unto the camp to Shiloh, which is in the land of Canaan.

13 And the whole congregation sent some to speak to the children of Benjamin that were in the rock Rimmon, and to call peaceably unto them.

14 And Benjamin came again at that time; and they gave them wives which they had saved alive of the women of Jabeshgilead and yet so they sufficed them not.

15 And the people repented them for Benjamin, because that the Lord had made a breach in the tribes of Israel.

16 Then the elders of the congregation said, How shall we do for wives for them that remain, seeing the women are destroyed out of Benjamin?

17 And they said, There must be an inheritance for them that be escaped of Benjamin, that a tribe be not destroyed out of Israel.

18 Howbeit we may not give them wives of our daughters: for the children of Israel have sworn, saying, Cursed be he that giveth a wife to Benjamin.

19 Then they said, Behold, there is a feast of the Lord in Shiloh yearly in a place which is on the north side of Bethel, on the east side of the highway that goeth up from Bethel to Shechem, and on the south of Lebonah.

20 Therefore they commanded the children of Benjamin, saying, Go and lie in wait in the vineyards;

21 And see, and, behold, if the daughters of Shiloh come out to dance in dances, then come ye out of the vineyards, and catch you every man his wife of the daughters of Shiloh, and go to the land of Benjamin.

22 And it shall be, when their fathers or their brethren come unto us to complain, that we will say unto them, Be favourable unto them for our sakes: because we reserved not to each man his wife in the war: for ye did not give unto them at this time, that ye should be guilty.

23 And the children of Benjamin did so, and took them wives, according to their number, of them that danced, whom they caught: and they went and returned unto their inheritance, and repaired the cities, and dwelt in them.

24 And the children of Israel departed thence at that time, every man to his tribe and to his family, and they went out from thence every man to his inheritance.

And who are you to question the lords commandments?

Deuteronomy 22:28-29:

If a man is caught in the act of raping a young woman who is not engaged, he must pay fifty pieces of silver to her father. Then he must marry the young woman because he violated her, and he will never be allowed to divorce her.

Many of the scriptures quoted need to be understood with good bible commentaries: I will just focus on this one here as they are lengthy:

THE OLD TESTAMENT AND RAPE

http://www.answering-islam.org/Shamoun/ot_and_rape.htm

I see. So rape isn't necessarily bad, it just depends under what context you rape someone.

Islamic rapists = BAD

Jewish/Christian rapists = meh

Thanks for clearing that up...

No if you read the bible commentary they conclude a better and more accurate translation of the scripture reads like this:

In light of the foregoing, we feel the following rendering best captures the intended meaning of the passage which has nothing to do with a woman having to marry her rapist:

“Suppose a woman isn’t engaged to be married, and a man talks her into sleeping with him. If they are caught, they will be forced to get married. He must give her father fifty pieces of silver as a bride-price and can never divorce her.” Contemporary English Version (CEV)

Jbluh has the typical progressive/liberal mentality of sympathizing with anyone who is anti-christian and USA. Allah Akbar Jbluh.

Keep hitting the bottle, you hack. Maybe you'll find a response that actually makes sense at the bottom of it. Fingers crossed.

Go fuck yourself pussy.

Afraid I can't do that guv. The pastor told me the Good Book says masturbation is a no-no. Killing children and rape are still under review, but jackin' it is strictly verboten.

Have a blessed day, you lush.

In vino, veritas.

Afraid I can't do that guv. The pastor told me the Good Book says masturbation is a no-no. Killing children and rape are still under review, but jackin' it is strictly verboten.

Have a blessed day, you lush.

In vino, veritas.

I'm sure you can't, your clitoris isn't large enough. Go find a hole to hide in maggot.

Archived