THE BROWNS BOARD

Pope goes after our 2nd Amendment - no wonder Obamao is making a show

calfoxwc

Well for better or worse it does sound like a science fiction novel. Less and less need for humans to do the jobs and more and more convenience. More and more people on the dole and less and less controlling all the money. The people on the dole get easily bored and angry.

So we need to keep them entertained and or fucked up.

We all make our own decisions as to what progress is good and what isn't.

WSS

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am a practicing, involved Catholic & I am very much offended & disgusted with the close minded, ignorant, name calling & bigotry that has gone on by some in this thread.

I truly feel sorry for those of you who are unable to communicate intelligently. I will have nothing more to say about this.

Mike

I have to say, after watching the pope today, I have more respect for him then I did. I was brought up catholic. But in a very hard environment. Lets just say my childhood was not good in any manner. He brings me some happiness in watching him because I think I see a very good and honest man.

I was raised a catholic and while I respect the pope and the faith as a whole,

I had a problem with some of its traditional claims as the "only true" church.

I cannot find that historical statement that the pope is a successor to Peter.

when the catholic church was started in 300ad under Constantine of Rome - and full of its pagan symbolism.

to me a 300 year disconnect to the early church founded in Israel....

So Priest, Pope, Bishop or Cardinal -are only men and NOT divinity. But as an observer today it looks otherwise.

I was raised a catholic and while I respect the pope and the faith as a whole,

I had a problem with some of its traditional claims as the "only true" church.

I cannot find that historical statement that the pope is a successor to Peter.

when the catholic church was started in 300ad under Constantine of Rome - and full of its pagan symbolism.

to me a 300 year disconnect to the early church founded in Israel....

So Priest, Pope, Bishop or Cardinal -are only men and NOT divinity. But as an observer today it looks otherwise.

My story is very similar to yours. In the bible when the people would try to elevate the disciples to divinity status the disciples quickly let them know they were just mere men like them.

No angel or man who was godly ever accepted worship from men even when they were mistaken. A good example of this is when Paul was in Athens (Acts 14:12) and the people cried out they are gods, they responded resoundly, “we are men like yourselves.”

We see Peter in Acts 10:25-27 As Peter was coming in, Cornelius met him and fell down at his feet and worshiped him. But Peter lifted him up, saying, “Stand up; I myself am also a man.” And as he talked with him, he went in and found many who had come together.

Cornelius fell at Peter's feet and worshipped. Peter says to him Acts 10:26 I am a man. Obviously this is worship not reverance (as the Jehovah Witnesses hold to) or there would not be the response of his human nature. Peter the apostle refused worship because he worshiped the true God and knew he, himself, was only a man. Peter could not have worshipped Jesus unless he was more than a man.

http://www.letusreason.org/Trin18.htm

I have to say, after watching the pope today, I have more respect for him then I did. I was brought up catholic. But in a very hard environment. Lets just say my childhood was not good in any manner. He brings me some happiness in watching him because I think I see a very good and honest man.

So today you begrudgingly respect a demon? A son of satan? can I demon can I satan?

http://moneymorning.com/2015/08/14/the-vatican-bank-and-nazi-gold-a-scandal-unsolved/

During World War II, Ustashi military members gathered an estimated 500,000 Serbs, Jews, and Gypsies and demanded 1,000 kilograms of gold from each, wrote ABC News on Feb. 15, 2013. They were told the money would prevent their murders. But once the funds were handed over, the groups were sent to concentration camps anyway, where most of them died.

kind of like payment for "indulgences"? and in this case, for their own lives!

To this day, the Vatican's archives – likely the only source that could directly tie the Vatican Bank with Nazi gold – have remained sealed.

kind of like supreme leader obumbles "sealed" docs huh?

mutual admiration indeed

We had some street corner preachers in Ann Arbor before the game yesterday. One posted up outside of the stadium with a mic and speakers. Boy, were they a riot.

I took one of the pamphlets they were handing out. They said thank you for reading. I told them I was just taking it so they had one less to give out...

We had some street corner preachers in Ann Arbor before the game yesterday. One posted up outside of the stadium with a mic and speakers. Boy, were they a riot.

I took one of the pamphlets they were handing out. They said thank you for reading. I told them I was just taking it so they had one less to give out...

What is the problem? I happen to love when people take to using a loud speaker to tell me how I am evil and doomed to Hell. Music to my ears.

We had one of those on campus last week. I like your answer, but when he handed me one I told him sure! I'll throw this away for you.

We've been camping in S. Ohio near Cincy since Wed...just got back today.

Did the Pope ever talk about the murder of born and unborn children?

He can take his idea of condemning all gun owners and shove it.

http://moneymorning.com/2015/08/14/the-vatican-bank-and-nazi-gold-a-scandal-unsolved/

During World War II, Ustashi military members gathered an estimated 500,000 Serbs, Jews, and Gypsies and demanded 1,000 kilograms of gold from each, wrote ABC News on Feb. 15, 2013. They were told the money would prevent their murders. But once the funds were handed over, the groups were sent to concentration camps anyway, where most of them died.

kind of like payment for "indulgences"? and in this case, for their own lives!

To this day, the Vatican's archives likely the only source that could directly tie the Vatican Bank with Nazi gold have remained sealed.

kind of like supreme leader obumbles "sealed" docs huh?

mutual admiration indeed

Im pretty sure there isnt 500,000,000 kilograms of gold in existance

Im guessing that ABC news mightve embellished that 1kg demand from 500,000 total,

making it sound more like folklore?

on the other hand as the Ustashi was either positioning themselves for the kill anyways -

with a no haggle policy of starting High and not accepting lowball returns...

Archived