THE BROWNS BOARD

Another liberal gun free zone school - more murders

calfoxwc

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, because I was the one whom started a thread and made it a political tirade like always... Tiam

Well...now.... take a minute and think...what forum....are you on right now.

You lost? Need Steve to send you a map of the board with a big red arrow pointing to this forum

and the words "YOU ARE HERE" ?

Tiamsies gots mixedupsies?

this deviant was a religous HATER.

And other kids who shot up schools - didn't have anything to

do with religion at all.

It had to do with mental illness.

Yes. I'll agree he had to be mentally ill in order to believe it was acceptable to go to a school and blow people away. Regardless of being an atheist or not, that was morally reprehensible.

But at the same time, you cannot look at this man's actions and blame it on mental illness, while at the same time looking at all the horrible atrocities committed by devoutly religious individuals and simply wave it off as something else entirely. To me, and many others, religious fervor is a mental affliction which causes individuals to behave immorally.

Even the American Psychological Association classifies religious belief as a form of mental illness.

Religion is a mental illness

"According to the American Psychological Association (APA), a strong and passionate belief in a deity or higher power, to the point where it impairs ones ability to make conscientious decisions about common sense matters, will now be classified as a mental illness.

The controversial ruling comes after a 5-year study by the APA showed devoutly religious people often suffered from anxiety, emotional distress, hallucinations, and paranoia. The study stated that those who perceived God as punitive was directly related to their poorer health, while those who viewed God as benevolent did not suffer as many mental problems. The religious views of both groups often resulted in them being disconnected from reality."

http://www.thenewsnerd.com/health/apa-to-classify-belief-in-god-as-a-mental-illness/

There's plenty of murders that people justify using a twisted interpretation of religion...

There's plenty of murders that have nothing to do with religion...

Is this really worth talking about? If the loser was religious he would still be a twisted screwed up loser.

---

Many religious people adopt a very strong moral code which makes them better, happier people.

Going around and telling them that they're all mentally ill is stupid. Plenty of genocides and mass-killings have nothing to do with religion, if you look at history.

"to the point where it impairs ones ability to make conscientious decisions about common sense matters, will now be classified as a mental illness."

Jblu - when you leave off the qualifier, which makes fine sense to most any folks,

and spout off about "religion is a mental illness"...

it just makes you look stupid, and a jerk. The quote invalidates what you claim. That isn't a good thing.

Yeah, because I was the one whom started a thread and made it a political tirade like always... Tiam

Well...now.... take a minute and think...what forum....are you on right now.

You lost? Need Steve to send you a map of the board with a big red arrow pointing to this forum

and the words "YOU ARE HERE" ?

Tiamsies gots mixedupsies?

... I'm... I'm so lost. I can't tell if this was constructed to be an insult or if you're genuinely not understanding that its possible to have a thread like this (in this subsection, no less) - yet not blame 'liberals' for everything....?

I just read that back to myself and realized that is incomprehensible for you. So.... moving on.

Mental health. It needs to be at the forefront for presidential candidates at this point. Nevermind the queers getting married or PP for the moment.

There's plenty of murders that people justify using a twisted interpretation of religion...

There's plenty of murders that have nothing to do with religion...

Is this really worth talking about? If the loser was religious he would still be a twisted screwed up loser.

---

Many religious people adopt a very strong moral code which makes them better, happier people.

Going around and telling them that they're all mentally ill is stupid. Plenty of genocides and mass-killings have nothing to do with religion, if you look at history.

yep its a troll post http://m.snopes.com/apa-belief-mental-illness/

Yes. I'll agree he had to be mentally ill in order to believe it was acceptable to go to a school and blow people away. Regardless of being an atheist or not, that was morally reprehensible.

But at the same time, you cannot look at this man's actions and blame it on mental illness, while at the same time looking at all the horrible atrocities committed by devoutly religious individuals and simply wave it off as something else entirely. To me, and many others, religious fervor is a mental affliction which causes individuals to behave immorally.

Even the American Psychological Association classifies religious belief as a form of mental illness.

Religion is a mental illness

When you sat devoutly religious you can only mean muslims so call a spade a spade

It's speculation.

It makes sense to me. That some individuals brains are more hardwired to believe in religion. I can't even comprehend believing what OBF does. Sure, we had different social experiences growing up surrounding religion I'm guessing, but I also have to think genetics has too come into play.

I guarantee Chris Mintz won't be getting a WH invite.

How can we exploit you if you're not dead?!?

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/oregon-college-shooting/oregon-shooting-heroic-veteran-chris-mintz-was-shot-7-times-n437291

Sadly you're 100% correct. Plus, you know, he's white. Whereas the shooter is half black and could be Obamas son.

How Your Brain Is Wired Reveals the Real You

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article/how-your-brain-is-wired-reveals-the-real-you/

uh oh....

Van Wedeen, a neuroscientist at Massachusetts General Hospital in Boston, says that the findings could help to prioritize future research. For instance, one of the negative traits that pulled a brain farthest down the negative axis was marijuana use in recent weeks.

just so that there is no mistake -

Christians were martyred for their faith, on American soil, a fact mostly ignored by most of the Mainstream Media and the White House.

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2015/10/02/day-christians-were-martyred-on-american-soil.html?intcmp=hphz03

Life or death was determined by the answer to a single question: are you a Christian?

That was the question asked by an anti-Christian gunman who stormed into a classroom at Oregon’s Umpqua Community College.

just so that there is no mistake -

Christians were martyred for their faith, on American soil, a fact mostly ignored by most of the Mainstream Media and the White House.

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2015/10/02/day-christians-were-martyred-on-american-soil.html?intcmp=hphz03

Life or death was determined by the answer to a single question: are you a Christian?

That was the question asked by an anti-Christian gunman who stormed into a classroom at Oregon’s Umpqua Community College.

Our corrupt mainstream media cannot just report the news accurately if it doesn't fit their agenda. For example the NY Times reported the gunman had asked individuals if they were Christians but left out the part of the story where if they said yes they were executed.

"Christians were martyred for their faith, on American soil"...that is a good headline and the truth but you will not see that headline with our mainstream media.

I'd love to see a cross illuminated on the WH lawn. Much like the rainbow lights were a couple of months ago. As a sign of respect for the 2nd person that admitted to being Christian after seeing what was done to the first one.

But an "illuminated" cross on the WH lawn may be the wrong image. :/

How Your Brain Is Wired Reveals the Real You

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article/how-your-brain-is-wired-reveals-the-real-you/

uh oh....

Van Wedeen, a neuroscientist at Massachusetts General Hospital in Boston, says that the findings could help to prioritize future research. For instance, one of the negative traits that pulled a brain farthest down the negative axis was marijuana use in recent weeks.

Has anyone here claimed weed makes you smart or it was smart to smoke it?

Archived