THE BROWNS BOARD

What would be your lowest trade for DA?

Mr. T

If you were the GM for a day and had until midnight to trade DA away what would be the lowest trade that you would except?

Like I stated in another post my lowest bid would be...a box of little debbies and a case of mountain dew :P

what would be your lowest trade for DA?

What did NE get for Matt Cassell?

Matt Cassell's 2008 stats. 3,693 yards and 21 touchdowns and 11 interceptions while starting 15 games. And wasn't able to pull off getting his team into the playoffs just like DA.

We have to use the Cassel trade as a barometer of what we can even hope for.

Points to think about:

1) Cassel's 2008 numbers were very comparable to Anderson's 2007 numbers. Anderson had 3,787 yards, 29 TD's and 19 INTS. I'd take Anderson's numbers over Cassel's, but still very comparable.

2) Anderson had a terrible last 7 games of 2007, and a terrible 2008 season. Is that because of what he was asked to do? Or is that because he just sucks? He is an unknown.

3) Cassel might be a one shot wonder as well. Precedent was set with Schaub.

4) Cassel AND Vrabel went for the #34 (2nd round) pick overall.

5) Anderson made the pro bowl as an alternate, but then sucked it up in the pro bowl.

We are lucky if we get a low 2nd or high 3rd for Anderson, and don't even think about throwing another player in on one of those two picks. If we want another player, think 4th or 5th.

My minimum? Depends on who we trade with. If it is a team that picks at 16th or higher in the 2nd or 3rd round, I want the 2nd rounder. If it is a team that picks 1st through 5th in the 2nd or 3rd round, I'll take the 3rd rounder.

Andy

If you were the GM for a day and had until midnight to trade DA away what would be the lowest trade that you would except?

Like I stated in another post my lowest bid would be...a box of little debbies and a case of mountain dew :P

I'd take Lumbergs cum sock, they are both real big stiffs.

Hum, for DA I think what you would want would be a low 2nd or a high 3rd. If it is multiple picks I think you would take low 3rd with a high 4th or 5th.

Just to add to conversation, I would take a first and a low 2nd or high 3rd for BQ also. The Browns are totally rebuilding and can get allot of help on this draft. It seems like it is pretty deep on most positions and that the Browns could get great value in the second and third rounds.

I would trade DA for sure and I would trade BQ if the right offer was made. Move down in the first round for multiple picks and really get in allot of new players. Draft a QB next season when the QB pool will be much deeper.

DA for a 3rd rounder is about all we will get and we know it, i think we will move him no matter what though. I watched the cincy game in 2007 @ cincy and right then and there i new this dude was the product of having great talent around him, he is not accurate, but has a cannon. BQ is the typical mangini short game qb. all we need is someone to navigate the offense with minimal turn-overs this year. If our d comes through maybe we can win some games, if not say hello to Colt next year.

Hum, for DA I think what you would want would be a low 2nd or a high 3rd. If it is multiple picks I think you would take low 3rd with a high 4th or 5th.

Just to add to conversation, I would take a first and a low 2nd or high 3rd for BQ also. The Browns are totally rebuilding and can get allot of help on this draft. It seems like it is pretty deep on most positions and that the Browns could get great value in the second and third rounds.

I would trade DA for sure and I would trade BQ if the right offer was made. Move down in the first round for multiple picks and really get in allot of new players. Draft a QB next season when the QB pool will be much deeper.

I know this was discussed alot already, but I wouldn't trade BQ whatsoever. Why dump a promising young QB when he hasn't even played a full season yet? Even if the offer was right, I would hold on to BQ and continue to look for a 2nd round pick for DA so we can take another LB or get a good young RB.

PS. I still think we should of went with Pioli

We have to use the Cassel trade as a barometer of what we can even hope for.

Points to think about:

1) Cassel's 2008 numbers were very comparable to Anderson's 2007 numbers. Anderson had 3,787 yards, 29 TD's and 19 INTS. I'd take Anderson's numbers over Cassel's, but still very comparable.

2) Anderson had a terrible last 7 games of 2007, and a terrible 2008 season. Is that because of what he was asked to do? Or is that because he just sucks? He is an unknown.

3) Cassel might be a one shot wonder as well. Precedent was set with Schaub.

4) Cassel AND Vrabel went for the #34 (2nd round) pick overall.

5) Anderson made the pro bowl as an alternate, but then sucked it up in the pro bowl.

We are lucky if we get a low 2nd or high 3rd for Anderson, and don't even think about throwing another player in on one of those two picks. If we want another player, think 4th or 5th.

My minimum? Depends on who we trade with. If it is a team that picks at 16th or higher in the 2nd or 3rd round, I want the 2nd rounder. If it is a team that picks 1st through 5th in the 2nd or 3rd round, I'll take the 3rd rounder.

Andy

I agree we would have to go by the Cassell trade as a guideline, It would be wishful thinking though to get a high 3rd round choice. It will depend how desperate another team would be. DA still has to come out and prove himself all over again even with the great numbers he pu up in 2007 every team knows that was against weaker competition.

Al Davis where are you we have a gun slinger for sale.

I'd take Lumbergs cum sock, they are both real big stiffs.

Thats sick chubs!

Lister Jr and I will take a couple of Big Barney(s) or Barnbusters; a full chicken dinner for the twins....Mrs Lister will take anything from Burger Chef

Oh the old Burger Chef and Jeff are they still around anywhere? I justed wanted a sugar buzz and your wanting to feed the wholw family. Thats Good :lol:

The Big Barney and Barnbuster was from the old Red Barn Restaurants that were all over Ohio back in the day

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vC7LoBQwYnw

Mrs Lister; however, was partial to Burger Chef....not a bad place either!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_Aqxo6MFhk

...at the time we both were very young; grade school.....ah those were good days Beach Elementary in Rocky River Ohio!!!!

I wish Lister Jr could check out a Red Barn, Burger Chef or a Rax....some good spots; that said I wish I could take my children to a real HoJo motor lodge or a Holiday Inn with the HUGE neon sign with the star on top! THAT would be cool to share!

2nd round pick or better, nothing less. QBs who can play the game are hard to find and we all know what an injury can do to a starter.

I agree with this. There will come a day during the season that a team would give up a 2nd rounder after their QB was knocked out. It happens almost every year that a contender loses their QB

A scratch and sniff picture of a naked Heidi's Kluhms.

- Tom F.

In this draft? You'd have to be willing to take a mid third rounder. I think there are players there that could come in a help immediately.

Center Antoine Caldwell from Alabama? Phil Loadholt? He is probably a 3rd rounder and is a perfect right tackle. Linebacker Derry Beckwith from LSU? Jennings from Liberty? OT Jason Watkins of Florida?

I'd take any of these guys for DA right now.

You could even draft your backup Qb. A guy like Bomar has a big upside to him. I wonder where he'd be in the draft if he hadn't got kicked offf the Oklahoma team for taking a no show job? This kid was the #1 recruit in the nation coming out of high school and started as a Freshman at OU. He broke The Freshman passing records in Norman.

He and Quinn are so similar....Only Bomar's arm is probably strong and his passes tend to be prettier.

DA and Lums for a 2nd, or 3rd rounder and a tall Egee's if (if it is 110 degrees and summer in Tucson). / or to Carolina for Julius Peppers and a 5th. (fifth rounder, not a fifth of booze hahahaha)

How about a bag of peanuts and a new waterboy that wants to replace Lummy washing the starting QB's jock strap and picking up his soap in the shower? Tell me that didn't sound like an ad for Cruex...

- Tom F.

I don't understand folks thinking that we will actually get a 2nd plus a player, or even a 3rd plus a player.

I know there are no guarantees in life, but I can say with about 99% certainty, that we might not even get a 3rd rounder, let alone a 3rd rounder and a player.

Andy

Recent history shows that the "going rate" for a backup QB is a 4th rounder. 6th/7th rounder for a 3rd string guy. I'd love a 3rd and 4th, or even a 3rd and 5th, but realistically, I'm not expecting any more or less than a 4th.

-Al

The sad fact remains that no one seems to want DA; I can't blame them

I disagree....I honestly feel there's a idio....oops...."GM" out there drooling over his strong arm & hoping they can land him. I will be surprised if he's here after the draft, but his value will be determined by another teams' delusions.

Mike

Recent history shows that the "going rate" for a backup QB is a 4th rounder. 6th/7th rounder for a 3rd string guy. I'd love a 3rd and 4th, or even a 3rd and 5th, but realistically, I'm not expecting any more or less than a 4th.

-Al

Thank you Al for again reminding everyone why Mangini and Kokinis have said they will come to camp and compete for the starter's job. Wouldn't be too bright to tell everyone that we have a backup to dump.

I'll take a fourth. Either way, if he's not moved just don't pretend to let him have the starting spot anymore. Phillip blew any chance of getting value out of the guy last year.

Time to move on

Archived