THE BROWNS BOARD

Josh Gordon is "busting his ass"

ColumbusKing

Fool me once shame on you...fool me twice shame on me... at 6-3 last year I couldn't wait to see what would happen with Gordon set to return to the line up after the 10 game suspension. He was a big let down. I don't want to hear talk or promises...just do it and I will believe it then.

Is "busting his ass" some sort of pot slang I'm not aware of?

Yes.. It means Josh is pulling his ass cheeks apart and toking on a big one!

Fool me once shame on you...fool me twice shame on me... at 6-3 last year I couldn't wait to see what would happen with Gordon set to return to the line up after the 10 game suspension. He was a big let down. I don't want to hear talk or promises...just do it and I will believe it then.

Let's hope Drew isn't blowing smoke- pun intended. Let's get real here folks. A clean Josh would be a lock to make any of the 32 teams rosters, and I'd hazard a guess- based on his breakout year, he'd be the #1 WR on at least 25 NFL teams.

Yeah... the guys probably only pissed in a cup 50 times this year... probably washing down Alice B. Toklas brownies with Everclear daily.

Hey... works for me, if Josh is working out. There really is no downside to having him on our 2016 roster.

And there's little downside to negotiating a smart contract beyond 2016, if we can... but I doubt we can. Josh's bargaining position can only get stronger.

Drew Rosenhaus is a Yiddish Sheister lord who will say anything no matter how full of bullshit it is, to make a buck. He could literally be smoking pot with Gordon and still take time out of his day write up that piece of drivel that's worth less than the digital bits it was written on.

A sports agent advocating for a client? How dare he...

Drew guaranteed MaGahee would come back and have a great career after suffering the most horrendous knee injury I have seen. Willis might have fallen tad short of "great", but with four, 1000-yd seasons over a span of 8 years, he was in the neighborhood. Relatively injury-free career to boot.

So Drew pretty much got one right.

Ok.. So Is Josh Gordon basically a FA after this football season or after the 2016-17 season.

After 2016 I believe... result of that maneuver where we suspended him for the final game of 2014 keeping his game total under the threshold for qualifying as a season.

He was challenging that maneuver, or the Players Union was on his behalf. TBH though I don't remember for sure if there's been a final ruling on that challenge.

After 2016 I believe... result of that maneuver where we suspended him for the final game of 2014 keeping his game total under the threshold for qualifying as a season.

He was challenging that maneuver, or the Players Union was on his behalf. TBH though I don't remember for sure if there's been a final ruling on that challenge.

Okay, So basically... We have him on the Roster for one more season until Drew Rosenhaus , decides to hold the Browns , or anyone else hostage for his services.. . Concluding the 2016-17 football season

I think we have him for two season.

And you would be correct... if 2014 does not count because he did not reach the 6-game threshold.

• Signed a 4-year contract in 2012.
  • Had qualifying seasons of 13 and 14 games in 2012 and 2013 respectively.
  • Will have 0 games in 2015.
  • So comes down to his 2014, Week-17 suspension holding him to 5 games.
Even better...

A talent like that is worth hanging on to. I mean, he smoked a little dope and drank a little alcohol. 85% of the league has done that.

I mean, it ain't like he ran over a kid with a car or something. A DUI is serious because he has that potential to do that....but Gordon is paying the price for that.

As of now, he is under contract for the next 2 season (2016 and 2017)... That is only because we suspended him week 17 last year, so 2014 did not count as an accrued season...

The NFLPA tried to get that suspension overturned, but I haven't heard anything about a verdict... probably won't be decided until after he is re-instated (it would be a waste of time if he is just going to get banished anyway)...

If it is overturned, then he will be a UFA after the 2016 season...

He let us down on more then one occasion and cant be trusted. He will do it all over again. Fuck him.

Back atcha!!.. Remember that when you , or your very own son wants a 2nd chance in life....... Its not like he committed any felonious crimes...

Until he proves he can contribute to the team again I don't care what he's doing.

Last I saw him he was half assing plays and disrupting the offense.

Plenty of truth there, but also true was no time to develop timing with either BH or JM.

Futhermore, if we can afford to pay 9 mil to Bowe, if Gordon comes back and tears it up we will have the cash to resign him. No big deal there.

Exactly. Bowe is as good as gone. Any team that signs Gordon long term is going to make the (fat) contract non-guaranteed- based on his ability to stay clean & performance based.

Here's a point - has Gordon changed his crowd of homies?

Or, is he still with that same crowd, and still will eventually revert

to the same mindset of that crowd?

It would be great is he really came back all in, and 100% about wanting to

win.

But, if I were drafting a blue chippie wr next spring- I certainly wouldn't drop that

idea because Gordon is coming back...again....

Josh "I do not have a Problem. It's my bad judgment of making decisions". So end of season would be SB? Pro Bowl was moved up ahead of SB so Josh & Agent would not be confused? I will stick with Josh never see's the field again. Sad till he helps his Demons.

Here's a point - has Gordon changed his crowd of homies?

Or, is he still with that same crowd, and still will eventually revert

to the same mindset of that crowd?

It would be great is he really came back all in, and 100% about wanting to

win.

But, if I were drafting a blue chippie wr next spring- I certainly wouldn't drop that

idea because Gordon is coming back...again....

Was he really hanging with a bad crowd? Maybe earlier in his life.

He failed one weed test by the smallest of fractions after passing dozens of them.

Then he had a beer on a plane to Vegas with "homies" like Joe Haden and the WR coach ... didn't anyone know the rules? Where's the mentoring?

He was pretty damn young when all of this was going down. He sure is an easy target for jokes, but I see wife beaters, rapists, dog killers and other Steelers playing on sundays while this guy is missing the prime of his career for pot and beer. The joke is the NFL.

I hope Josh comes back and scorches everybody like 2013 again, that was, by far, the best season I ever saw a Browns receiver have.

Zombo

Was he really hanging with a bad crowd? Maybe earlier in his life.

He failed one weed test by the smallest of fractions after passing dozens of them.

Then he had a beer on a plane to Vegas with "homies" like Joe Haden and the WR coach ... didn't anyone know the rules? Where's the mentoring?

He was pretty damn young when all of this was going down. He sure is an easy target for jokes, but I see wife beaters, rapists, dog killers and other Steelers playing on sundays while this guy is missing the prime of his career for pot and beer. The joke is the NFL.

I hope Josh comes back and scorches everybody like 2013 again, that was, by far, the best season I ever saw a Browns receiver have.

Zombo

I don't think anyone here disagrees with the last part of what your saying, but let's stop making excuses for the guy too. Everything he's done to fuck up has been his own fault, there's no other way to put that. Okay, if he got popped for weed one time it's a stupid mistake. But he's got a strong pattern of making bad decisions and the phrase "fool me once" is realllly starting to kick him with the dude.

I guess what I'm saying is I'm not holding my breath in the slightest. He loafed at the end of last season too and who knows if he even wants to play in Cleveland again.

Archived