THE BROWNS BOARD

Mingo and his agent UPSET about playing time

ColumbusKing

Barkevious Mingo isnt happy about his playing time. His agent, Jeff Guerriero, had this to say:

[Mingo] is an impact player [He] needs to be on the field. Its that simple.

He only played four snaps last week, which really is almost nothing. He goes on to say that he doesn't think he is at the point of asking for a trade just yet. But If we did try and trade him we would be lucky to get a bag of peanuts for him in return. Just a useless player.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/10/15/mingo-agent-unhappy-about-his-playing-time/

Trade deadline Nov. 3rd. That's 3 more games. Bottom line our Defense is way behind our Offense. Mingo's Agent just shot himself in the foot. Your Client cannot put on weight. That's not good on any Team.

Mingo has had ample time to provide the Browns with an indication as to whether or not he is an "impact player." If he is indeed considered as such, apparently the Browns feel that the only place that he makes an impact is in 3rd down packages. There's a reason that he only played four snaps against the Ravens.

Sounds like a couple guys anticipating "here's your $675k and see ya later" payout in 2016. No way we keep him around for $5.2mm.

Nice pass defensed this week. May be the only time I noticed him all year.

Are the Cavs looking for a rebounder?

Mingo may not be an impact player yet but he's a good player, PFF rated him very high against the run last year when he was playing with essentially one arm. O'Neill is not maximizing the skills of his good players on defense unlike DeFillipo on offense.

Mingo may not be an impact player yet but he's a good player, PFF rated him very high against the run last year when he was playing with essentially one arm. O'Neill is not maximizing the skills of his good players on defense unlike DeFillipo on offense.

Agree. They even put him on their All-Sophomore team last year although they did concede the pickings were slim at that position.

Trade deadline Nov. 3rd. That's 3 more games. Bottom line our Defense is way behind our Offense. Mingo's Agent just shot himself in the foot. Your Client cannot put on weight. That's not good on any Team.

Go shop the bum- we'd be lucky to get a 7th rounder- like we got for Colt McCoy.

Mingo has had ample time to provide the Browns with an indication as to whether or not he is an "impact player." If he is indeed considered as such, apparently the Browns feel that the only place that he makes an impact is in 3rd down packages. There's a reason that he only played four snaps against the Ravens.

Impact player my ass. Bordering on bust. For comparison- first two years- JJ Watt had 2X the tackles, and 26 sacks as opposed to Barky's 7.

The only thing Mingo is impacting is the long string of Brown's first round busts.

Yeah sorry I just don't see that at all. A top 5 pick OLB needs to be better than just stopping the run. He's out of position an incredible amount and it's past the point of "learning the position". I don't see that being O'Neil's fault although I think he is a bad DC. He's a lot like Gilbert IMO-a guy who has all the skills and ability in the world but can't put them together.

How about this for an article? "Fans upset about Mingo playing at all." Or, "Entire Browns organization wondering if Mingo will do anything to make an impact." Many of us did not like the pick, and once again we are treated to a first rounder that hasn't lived up to expectations. Unfortunately, this will be the reason Farmer will be asked to leave. He's had some nice finds later in the draft, but you make your money with the first round allstars, and we have too few of those. It especially hurts to see Julio Jones turn into the best WR in the league. Yeah, we got a ton for him, but look what we did with it. Brandon Weeden, Trent Richardson, Phil Taylor, Justin Gilbert, Johnny Manziel, Barkevious Mingo...

I completely realize we all have the benefit of hindsight, but my lord. The first round is basically the only round where the average Joe can select someone as well as a GM. How many people were screaming for Derek Carr? Khalil Mack?

How about this for an article? "Fans upset about Mingo playing at all." Or, "Entire Browns organization wondering if Mingo will do anything to make an impact." Many of us did not like the pick, and once again we are treated to a first rounder that hasn't lived up to expectations. Unfortunately, this will be the reason Farmer will be asked to leave.

I can't tell with your phrasing whether Farmer will be dismissed because of first round failures including selecting Mingo? Because if so, Mingo was LOLbardis pick.

Mingo may not be an impact player yet but he's a good player, PFF rated him very high against the run last year when he was playing with essentially one arm.

How good? The whole one-armed thing only served to reflate his depressed expectations. Makes Barkie's lack of contribution this year all the more frustrating.

When you are drafted to be a sack machine, being an OK tackler and a good coverage OLB just don't make it. He simply has been unable to add strength/mass to that frame of his.

To be honest, if you go back and look at that 2013 first round, there's about 3 players that are proper studs, and one is a guard (Long). Sheldon Richardson, in hindsight, would have been a great pick, and Bell is probably the best player from that hugely disappointing draft. EJ Manuel? Eric Fisher? Luke Joeckel? Dion Jordan? Miami moved from 12th to 3rd to pick him.

True, Chris.... not a strong class. Probably why we did not trade down.... ;)

Pretty good TE class though... Eifert, Kelce, Ertz...

Mingo was most definitely Lombardi's pick, but what I'm saying is it won't help Farmer's cause because it's yet another first round failure. We want impact players, and unfortunately, many of them seem to come from the first round.

How about this for an article? "Fans upset about Mingo playing at all." Or, "Entire Browns organization wondering if Mingo will do anything to make an impact." Many of us did not like the pick, and once again we are treated to a first rounder that hasn't lived up to expectations. Unfortunately, this will be the reason Farmer will be asked to leave. He's had some nice finds later in the draft, but you make your money with the first round allstars, and we have too few of those. It especially hurts to see Julio Jones turn into the best WR in the league. Yeah, we got a ton for him, but look what we did with it. Brandon Weeden, Trent Richardson, Phil Taylor, Justin Gilbert, Johnny Manziel, Barkevious Mingo...

I completely realize we all have the benefit of hindsight, but my lord. The first round is basically the only round where the average Joe can select someone as well as a GM. How many people were screaming for Derek Carr? Khalil Mack?

Farmer didnt draft Mingo.. Lomtardi did.

Mingo was most definitely Lombardi's pick, but what I'm saying is it won't help Farmer's cause because it's yet another first round failure. We want impact players, and unfortunately, many of them seem to come from the first round.

Yup... As in no matter who botched the pick, it's another one the current GM has to make up for...

Also may I point out that Mingo was a Lombardi pick?

If Mingo wants to play more, he needs to start smacking people into the turf.

He never seems to play physical like he should be able to. He seems to tackle

like a kicker when he could just slam a ball carrier into the turf....

just my opinion....

Archived