THE BROWNS BOARD

How excellent is Ben Carson to run for pres?

calfoxwc

Carson is like a trendier more friendly Huckabee.

Meanwhile Trump seems like he's going after Carson pretty hard, likely because of the new poll. So much for Trump saying he's a "counter-puncher."

That could be but I don't particularly see him as being more friendly than Huckabee was in the last election. This time Huck is hitting the social issues a lot harder pushing him further to the right.

And yes Trump will definitely try and show the difference between the mild mannered Carson and himself.

WSS

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Funny that the guy who takes the hardest stance on abortion has been known to refer women to doctors to perform abortions when the fetus has had a genetic defects, performed research on fetal tissue, and was part of a baltimore foundation from 2002-2014 that donated a few hundred thousand dollars to planned parenthood.

But Carson is the most genuine person ever, for sure.

Do no harm. If a woman is going to jam a coat hanger up her vagina to kill a baby that she could have prevented with the most basic precautions its better to refer her to a doctor that will perform the abortion even if the world would be better off if she died of sepsis. This is the mentality that doctors should have.

Carson is pretty much against abortion in all cases - even via incest which greatly increases the chances of genetic defects.

But, you know, if somehow some abortions did happen, he could find a use for the remains in his research...

Well, she will do worse for our country that Obamao has been able to do,

despite his determination to destroy our stability financially, morally,

spiritually, and legally.

and Cleve defends higgardly's corruption by attacking Gowdy's appearance?

Man...talk about a typical emotional knee-jerk - that is definately one of them.

Getting back to the subject of the thread -

Trump said Carson had a lack of energy. I love Carson's sense of humor:

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2015/10/24/after-donald-trump-calls-him-super-low-energy-ben-carson-pushes-back-with-an-observation-his-rival-cant-make/

take a deep breath Cal and go back and read, then tell me where i'm "defending" Hillary? I'm shittng on all of them in case you haven't caught on. But seriously don't act like Gowdy isn't the baby from family guy all grown up, cause you know he is.

BALONEY

A lot of folks see abortions as being justifiably restricted to certain

dire situations. And early abortion because the child is very seriously

deformed...

as in, VERY EARLY.... I understand that. And the research could help understand

causes to prevent such deformities in the future.

What exactly is wrong with that? There is no hypocrisy, tho it fits your agenda to infer it.

BALONEY

A lot of folks see abortions as being justifiably restricted to certain

dire situations. And early abortion because the child is very seriously

deformed...

as in, VERY EARLY.... I understand that. And the research could help understand

causes to prevent such deformities in the future.

What exactly is wrong with that? There is no hypocrisy, tho it fits your agenda to infer it.

It's just odd that he performed research on fetuses and referred people to get abortions, while saying he'd never champion for abortions to be illegal and that life begins when the heart starts beating - not at conception.

Whereas now he contradicts literally all of that.

I think he was a great surgeon - one of the best, but otherwise I don't like his qualities to become president...

he said he did not believe in hammering other people with his convictions.

You are putting stuff into the discussion that is just baloney...

How long should I wait for you to criticize obamao for his flipflop on the 2nd amendment?

ditto, on our debt, which he previously said was unpatriotic of Bush to have one, and his is

going to be about 20 trillion by the time he leaves office?

Or, you can invent disparaging barbs at Carson, because he is conservative...

Wow. All this minute detail analysis and jumping to negative conclusions,....

when all these last 7 years and before...about ObaMao....

nothin. Funny how that works....

he said he did not believe in hammering other people with his convictions.

But now he is doing that?

I'm not an Obama supporter, though - I just don't like the idea of a theocratic leadership and that's how I see people like Carson/Huckabee.

Oh, please tell me where you got that connection...

You seem to paint all people who are against abortion at any time for any reason as doing so for religious prejudice.

If that is not the case and you believe anyone can be anti abortion in the second trimester? Or the first?

They are fine with you?

WSS

You seem to paint all people who are against abortion at any time for any reason as doing so for religious prejudice.

If that is not the case and you believe anyone can be anti abortion in the second trimester? Or the first?

They are fine with you?

WSS

Well I guess I am not surprised. Most of the responses to my posts debate things I never said. I shouldn't be surprised the same thing is happening here...

I have at never point painted "all people who are against abortion at any time for any reason as doing so for religious prejudice". Never. Don't put words in my moth just because you disagree.

If you're claiming "life start are conception" and then tying that to religious principles, then ya, that's probably true.

A 3rd trimester abortion, IMO, is unnecessary though. I see no reason why someone would need to take that long to figure out whether or not they want to have a kid. (Medical complications excluded).

Well I guess I am not surprised. Most of the responses to my posts debate things I never said. I shouldn't be surprised the same thing is happening here...

I have at never point painted "all people who are against abortion at any time for any reason as doing so for religious prejudice". Never. Don't put words in my moth just because you disagree.

If you're claiming "life start are conception" and then tying that to religious principles, then ya, that's probably true.

A 3rd trimester abortion, IMO, is unnecessary though. I see no reason why someone would need to take that long to figure out whether or not they want to have a kid. (Medical complications excluded).

So tell me how one is murder and one 4 days earlier, or six weeks earlier or whatever, is having a mole removed?

WSS

But now he is doing that?

I'm not an Obama supporter, though - I just don't like the idea of a theocratic leadership and that's how I see people like Carson/Huckabee.

Again and again and again and again because you just don't get it: there are three branches of government -checks and balances (maybe you've heard of it?) To prevent any given presidents personal beliefs from becoming law. Electing ben carson does not mean you'll be living in a theocracy. Don't be so fucking stupid.

Again and again and again and again because you just don't get it: there see three branches of government -checks and balances (maybe you've heard of it?) To prevent any given presidents personal beliefs from becoming law. Electing ben carson does not mean you'll be living in a theocracy. Don't be so fucking stupid.

Doesn't mean I would want to elect a guy who would prefer a theocratic type of leadership. But there's other issues I have with Dr. Carson like his lack of understanding of foreign policy and how the economy works.

I know there's checks and balances and he could surround himself with brilliant people - but it'd probably be preferable to have the president to be a guy who has a basic understanding of how the world works and doesn't believe that arming the Jews would have prevented the holocaust.

Don't make any mistake I'll be voting for him if he gets the nomination against Clinton though, but he's not my favorite to win the nomination.

No, Cysko has a point. Despite Obamao's work to the contrary - we have the

three branches of gov.

And, you say you disagree about Carson's point, that if the Jews had had guns, the nazis

wouldn't have been able to simply round them all up and murder them in gas chambers.

well, ask yourself about the WWII resistance groups. History is firmly on the side of

Caron's point.

Don't be like woodypeckerhead, Chris and Cleve - don't adopt emotional knee jerks about

disagreeing with him - know what he is really saying, and read up on what he said.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Resistance_during_World_War_II

as to your point about Carson and his lack of foriegn policy exposure...

fair point.

But read up on what he says about that:

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/carson-defends-lack-of-foreign-policy-knowledge-nobody-knows-everything/

as to your point about Carson and his lack of foriegn policy exposure...

fair point.

But read up on what he says about that:

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/carson-defends-lack-of-foreign-policy-knowledge-nobody-knows-everything/

Yea nobody knows everything, but he takes it a step further by knowing basically nothing (outside of brain surgery, I guess)

- Darwin's theory is a creation of satan

- Big bang theory is not real because it violates thermodynamics

- Women who get abortions are like slaveholders

- Obamacare is worst thing to happen in US since slavery

- Obama might declare martial law and cancel the 2016 election

- Congress should remove judges who vote for marriage equality

- Obama is purposely keeping the economy from doing well to keep people on welfare

- There is no such thing as war crimes

- Prison turns people gay, therefore being gay is a choice

- Muslims should be disqualified from being president

- Colleges should be monitored for extreme political bias

This line of thinking is a dangerous thing.

Also the Jews were a big time minority in WW2 Germany at the time - they wouldn't have been able to resist the Nazi army at the time. Any inch of resistance and the army would have torched your entire home I'm sure.

Yea nobody knows everything, but he takes it a step further by knowing basically nothing (outside of brain surgery, I guess)

- Darwin's theory is a creation of satan

- Big bang theory is not real because it violates thermodynamics

- Women who get abortions are like slaveholders

- Obamacare is worst thing to happen in US since slavery

- Obama might declare martial law and cancel the 2016 election

- Congress should remove judges who vote for marriage equality

- Obama is purposely keeping the economy from doing well to keep people on welfare

- There is no such thing as war crimes

- Prison turns people gay, therefore being gay is a choice

- Muslims should be disqualified from being president

- Colleges should be monitored for extreme political bias

This line of thinking is a dangerous thing.

Stop being so emotional!

Archived