THE BROWNS BOARD

How excellent is Ben Carson to run for pres?

calfoxwc

No, It is NOT someone who "does the right thing" and works across the isle.

It's someone who betrays who they are, who is "republican in name only"....

and gives up his principles and wimps out to the left because

he/she is a coward to stand up for what is the right thing to do.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The rino thing pisses me off because it is something you call someone who does the right thing and works across the aisle. That's what makes Obama such a horrible president. He doesn't work across the aisle at all.

Personally I would rather have a democrat not working across the aisle than a republican not working across the aisle, but I would much, much rather have the president engaging in the process of democracy.

This is the problem in most democracies, is that they're democracies only ever 4-5 years, the rest of the time it's the party line. You can't pick and choose policies from different parties, like "I like the conservative approach to fiscal policy, but I can't get on board with their stance on homosexuality" it's just all or nothing.

I guess it depends on whether or not the issue at hand matters to you or not. What say you believe abortion in the third trimester is murder, pure and simple.

Try to assign that to any other issue you feel strongly about, let's say forcible rape of 10 year old boys. Most of you are against that right? How would you think compromise would be better than your side being completely victorious?

WSS

I guess it depends on whether or not the issue at hand matters to you or not. What say you believe abortion in the third trimester is murder, pure and simple.

Try to assign that to any other issue you feel strongly about, let's say forcible rape of 10 year old boys. Most of you are against that right? How would you think compromise would be better than your side being completely victorious?

WSS

Most people in my experience are overwhelmingly against third trimester abortion, and they make up a tiny, tiny fraction of abortions. In those cases, I would only consider if it there was a danger to the mother.

Trouble is, people protesting abortion clinics don't tend to make that distinction. How many "abortion is murder" signs do you see, compared to "third trimester abortion without clear and present danger to the mother is murder" signs, for example?

Most people in my experience are overwhelmingly against third trimester abortion, and they make up a tiny, tiny fraction of abortions. In those cases, I would only consider if it there was a danger to the mother.

Trouble is, people protesting abortion clinics don't tend to make that distinction. How many "abortion is murder" signs do you see, compared to "third trimester abortion without clear and present danger to the mother is murder" signs, for example?

That's what I keep hearing yet anytime a proposition comes up to even make that harder, especially on a federal level, they are shouted down by the control my own body crowd.

The protesters, are hardcore and therein might lie your compromise. So I give you credit for that.

Still that isn't a compromise for those who believe life begins at conception.

WSS

Fair enough, and to those who say life begins at conception, give them the petri dish test - you dangle a baby out of a window and a fertilised egg in a petri dish, ask them which one to save and I guarantee that 100% save the baby.

A third trimester baby can live so no abortion. If there's a danger to the mother you do an emergency c section not murder the kid.

A third trimester baby can live so no abortion. If there's a danger to the mother you do an emergency c section not murder the kid.

Well the baby's coming out anyway whether it's aborted or not. I'm saying the only time that super late abortion is acceptable is if not doing it poses a serious threat to the mother which would be mitigated by aborting the baby.

You know what would really help the abortion issue? A program of voluntary sterilization wherein you offer a one time deal of $25,000 to be sterilized. Not mandatory. Voluntary.

You know what would really help the abortion issue? Proper sex education, access to contraceptions and the morning after pill.

Well the baby's coming out anyway whether it's aborted or not. I'm saying the only time that super late abortion is acceptable is if not doing it poses a serious threat to the mother which would be mitigated by aborting the baby.

How would murdering a viable baby ever be the better option than doing an emergency c section and giving the poor kid a fighting chance at life?

You know what would really help the abortion issue? Proper sex education, access to contraceptions and the morning after pill.

This too which I've also mentioned dozens of times. However that only works when people aren't stupid as hell. The lower class will be much more likely to voluntarily sterilize themselves for money than actually take a birth control pill every day

How democrats can support killing the unborn with wanton disregard and at the same time whine about capital punishment and do everything in their power to keep the scum of the earth alive and on the taxpayer dole boggles my mind.

What if you support pro choice, capital punishment and don't like those whom abuse the safety net system we have place in this country?

I feel folks like myself and others on this board are becoming the new 'insane'. We tend not to lean either way, not because of being lukewarm or not passionate on issues, but that the answer or solutions to many things never really seem to be found at either ends of extremes. But instead, the middle ground where most truths live.

How democrats can support killing the unborn with wanton disregard and at the same time whine about capital punishment and do everything in their power to keep the scum of the earth alive and on the taxpayer dole boggles my mind.

You can flip all of those things and have the same case

What if you support pro choice, capital punishment and don't like those whom abuse the safety net system we have place in this country?

I feel folks like myself and others on this board are becoming the new 'insane'. We tend not to lean either way, not because of being lukewarm or not passionate on issues, but that the answer or solutions to many things never really seem to be found at either ends of extremes. But instead, the middle ground where most truths live.

Then I'm not talking about you obviously

Archived