THE BROWNS BOARD

I think it's time to blow up the team.

bigbaddawgjr

Right now there is no way possible of us contending for a playoff spot. So time for a fire sell.

1. Get rid of the GM - Farmer he hasn't done anything for this team. All picks been wasted picks.

2. Get rid of Manziel for any pick possible or just cut your lost.

3. Get rid of Gordon (Hate doing this), but has all the talents of a #1 WR. So has some value when he gets reinstated. I would think 3rd or 2nd round pick, but probably more likely a 4th.

4. Get rid of that worthless CB that we picked up in the draft before Manziel I can't remember his name. I would think we should get 5th round or 6th round pick for him.

5. Get rid of Mack he doesn't want to be here, so make it happen and get a high pick for him.

6. Get rid of Thomas (Hate doing this, but more of a kindness of the heart) send him to a contender. With this should get high pick and hopefully some young players if done correctly.

7. Get rid of Haden (He thinks he is good as Revis or top 5 corner, but not.) I believe a team will give a high pick for him, and I think we can get better in that position in future.

8. Get rid of Bowe. Just cut your loss bad GM call. Let him go the same day you let Farmer walk.

9. Get a true GM and surround him with good evaluate-rs. I would look hard into organization with good draft records like green bay, atlanta, old browns guys, and chargers.

Then would in the draft and free agency:

1. Get the QB

2. Build the lines on both sides

3. Then get the skill players

4. I think Pettine is the coach just doesn't have the talent.

We really do not have anything to work off of at this time. Ive seen this movie before. When Braylon Edwards and Kellen Winslow and Cribbs and that crew were hanging around people wanted to build off of what we had but then we had nothing either. What do we have worth building around? Lines? Both of our lines have looked like crap. Linebackers? No. Defensive backs? Not really. Wide Receivers? All our guys should be slot receivers. We don't have a number 1. We've got a good tight end. Ok. We've got a decent back in Duke. Ok. Quarterback situation sucks. I'm just not seeing what we have to really build on at this time.

Have to say... when the man says blow it up, he means blow it up...

Lol seriously. Not even any rhyme or reason to his ideas other than to replace pretty much everyone.

Ironically enough, his quick hitting 4 points of action at the conclusion of his post are exactly what Farmer's done....

When we fired Chud I was not unhappy because I thought his record warranted it. In reality he was given Weedon as qb and Richardson as rb and not a whole lot of talent and given less than 12 months on the job and sacked. It was wrong. I had hoped we could get a good replacement for Chud but there was a reason it took so long to get a replacement, we had too many good coaches who did not want the job. I'm sure some of that is the futility that has been the Browns since 99 but also some of it may have been a concern if they took the job they would not be given enough time to turn things around before being canned. Some of the coaches names being tossed around sound good but that does not mean they would take the job if offered.

I'm for staying the course and not blowing things up. The only thing I would change is from "Play like a Brown" to "Play like the multimillionaire athelete you are being paid to be or the checks might stop coming".

If issue 3 passes, slap a pot leaf on the side of their helmets and rename em The Stoners. At least then we could just laugh at em instead of crying for the next 50 years.

Definitely the best idea yet.

We really do not have anything to work off of at this time. Ive seen this movie before. When Braylon Edwards and Kellen Winslow and Cribbs and that crew were hanging around people wanted to build off of what we had but then we had nothing either. What do we have worth building around? Lines? Both of our lines have looked like crap. Linebackers? No. Defensive backs? Not really. Wide Receivers? All our guys should be slot receivers. We don't have a number 1. We've got a good tight end. Ok. We've got a decent back in Duke. Ok. Quarterback situation sucks. I'm just not seeing what we have to really build on at this time.

Scary but true, can't believe some people thought this team was playoff bound

Well its not that bad of an idea if this wizard thinks we're getting a bunch of high draft picks out of a bunch of guys that can't play on his team. And cutting the guys with guaranteed contract is another brilliant idea. Just throw the money on a pile with some lighter fluid...

Oh yes, and get the quarterback? Which one? Why not just take about 5 or 6 with all these number one picks we're getting from the bums?

WSS

Some other stuff I said just to repeat:

-Fire or demote O'Neil. I get guys have been hurt but his schemes are awful and he's in over his head. The blitz calls this team puts together are so predictable and awful it hurts my soul.

-Duke Johnson is primary ball carrier and is on the field 75% of the time minimum. Turbin apparently isn't good at receiving hand offs, too bad that's about the most important thing of being a RB.

-Bench so called starters on both sides of the ball. Hartline had four drops today, Mack is playing awful, half the offensive line jumps. Get Erving some run, Bibbs, anyone. I'm sure we'd miss Dray and his awful blocking and 4 receptions but we can manage without him.

-If Haden is hurt like I do truly believe he is, shut him down for a while. See what you got in Gilbert or Desir more.

So much more but something's gotta fucking change and make me believe they even give a shit out there.

Some other stuff I said just to repeat:

-Fire or demote O'Neil. I get guys have been hurt but his schemes are awful and he's in over his head. The blitz calls this team puts together are so predictable and awful it hurts my soul.

-Duke Johnson is primary ball carrier and is on the field 75% of the time minimum. Turbin apparently isn't good at receiving hand offs, too bad that's about the most important thing of being a RB.

-Bench so called starters on both sides of the ball. Hartline had four drops today, Mack is playing awful, half the offensive line jumps. Get Erving some run, Bibbs, anyone. I'm sure we'd miss Dray and his awful blocking and 4 receptions but we can manage without him.

-If Haden is hurt like I do truly believe he is, shut him down for a while. See what you got in Gilbert or Desir more.

So much more but something's gotta fucking change and make me believe they even give a shit out there.

I agree that this team stinks but isn't that exactly what the Cleveland Browns are?

The minute Joe Thomas leaves we will search for our next franchise LT. It can be this week or in a few years. Assuming we get only one 1st rounder for him, the most likely place it will be spent is in the next draft... on a LT prospect.

As for Duke getting 75% of the reps... he's neither built nor suited for that IMO. What is his longest run from our Singleback set? Give him a series here and there. Give him third downs. Give him passing situations in the gun, but don't grind him. He won't take the pounding.

The minute Joe Thomas leaves we will search for our next franchise LT. It can be this week or in a few years. Assuming we get only one 1st rounder for him, the most likely place it will be spent is in the next draft... on a LT prospect.

As for Duke getting 75% of the reps... he's neither built nor suited for that IMO. What is his longest run from our Singleback set? Give him a series here and there. Give him third downs. Give him passing situations in the gun, but don't grind him. He won't take the pounding.

Seeing how many of Farmer's1st round draft picks weren't playing yesterday - it's kind of scary. Erving, Manziel watched 36 year old QB in a lot of pain, and Gilbert watched Bademosi drown.

Good point about Duke; but I'm not sure they want to get Turbin on the field. He put the ball on the ground twice and I don't see great quickness or acceleration. I'd go with a mix of Crow and Duke.

Flug, This is just more proof that Farmer did not hire Pettine. Let the "Who's got the Power Show" begin.. Drago gets killed to prove JM is not the answer to Farmer , Bowe is only worth what buttbuddies paid him. Turpin let Pet down big time after watching Crow play well, but Pet plays veterans. Duke saw the ball once, thanks Flipo. This is a total Clusterfuck period. Rant over but out there..

We passed on Derek Carr and Teddy Twatwater, both who were rated by most analysts as more "pro ready" than Manziel, yet we MOVED UP to draft Johnny. Granted, I don't think it's completely fair to write the kid off because he hasn't played a lot, but it really hurts to see both Carr and Teddy winning games. It hurts really bad.

Good point about Duke; but I'm not sure they want to get Turbin on the field. He put the ball on the ground twice and I don't see great quickness or acceleration. I'd go with a mix of Crow and Duke.

I have no idea what made Turbin look like it was his first day of PeeWee practice yesterday. One handoff he has his arms too far apart; later too close together. But you only have to go back a week to see what he has... vision. Agree on his acceleration... it's not up to our other backs' level, but it seems adequate. Quickness? Not sure... he seems to me to run pretty twitchy.

Crow started like a house a fire yesterday, and I think he has the best balance of all our backs' physical attributes, but his vision just isn't there.

Archived