THE BROWNS BOARD

Steeler Week

Canton Dawg

Should I switch to my favorite as a kid, Arm-Pittsburgh? You know, cause the whole city reeks of dip spit and toe cheese?

Have you ever drove into Cleveland on 71. Smells like raw sewage. Both great cities in their own way though, Cleveland is just dirty though.

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Even if the steelers lose it doesn't do a whole lot to their playoff hopes so long as Ben comes back okay. You may want to check the AFC standings. We are starting Landry Jones and I'm not worried about it. You all can't stop much of anything defensively.

i really don't care much how you think. I just hope you will kill yourself

i really don't care much how you think. I just hope you will kill yourself

Lol. I'm in Delaware, Ohio. Come on down Capt. Class. 59 years old and acting like a child. I clicked on your profile expecting to read 20 years old, comments like that usually materialize from young kiddos. Are you yelling at kids to get off your lawn yet?

Hoyer seems to be doing just fine in Houston. He also was the starter not a spot starter. Brown > Gordon

Um no you fucking idiot, you come onto the Browns board and don't know shit about the Browns, Josh Gordon broke NFL records and led the league in receiving in 2013 with 3 different QBs, Jason Cambell, Brian Hoyer, and Brandon Weeden.

Gordon crushes Brown on the field don't kid yourself.

Off the field..... Not so much.

Um no you fucking idiot, you come onto the Browns board and don't know shit about the Browns, Josh Gordon broke NFL records and led the league in receiving in 2013 with 3 different QBs, Jason Cambell, Brian Hoyer, and Brandon Weeden.

Gordon crushes Brown on the field don't kid yourself.

Off the field..... Not so much.

Lmao. Gordon racked up to a lot of his yardage in garbage time or on dig routes. Find one person that isn't a browns fan that would rather have Gordon over brown.

Once again we can play a big time spoiler role. The Browns really have nothing to lose and the old NFL adage about any given Sunday holds. And if the Browns do get the win, I can see a lot of stealer fans jumping out of basement windows trying to kill themselves after the Browns put the finish on their playoff hopes. Vagstiink seems to have the big worries....me? none.

Jumping out a basement window?

The Steelers and browns do have one thing in common...they both have an extra hurdle to overcome because every team in the league wants to especially beat them.

The Steelers because they are elite, like the Pats, Cowboys "Americas Team", everyone wants to beat them, everyone loves to beat them. They've got a target on their backs.

The browns because no one wants to lose to the browns, its an embarrassment to any team that does. Gotta beat the browns at any cost is the attitude.

Lmao. Gordon racked up to a lot of his yardage in garbage time or on dig routes. Find one person that isn't a browns fan that would rather have Gordon over brown.

Only because of his questionable past,.,,, Gordon does more than dig routs.. Don't act like you know what your talking about because you never saw Gordon week in , week out when he was participating. The reality is.. you don't!

The Steelers and browns do have one thing in common...they both have an extra hurdle to overcome because every team in the league wants to especially beat them.

The Steelers because they are elite, like the Pats, Cowboys "Americas Team", everyone wants to beat them, everyone loves to beat them. They've got a target on their backs.

The browns because no one wants to lose to the browns, its an embarrassment to any team that does. Gotta beat the browns at any cost is the attitude.

The steelers aren't even close to elite at this time.

Their offense is definitely elite (when healthy), defense below average. Combine that and you get an average team. Browns are below average on O and D but have elite special teams woohooo

Steeler defense is not below average.

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/teamdef

I dont care what stat or metric you show me, no one can watch the Steeler's D and say its a "Good" defense right now. They are very young and could grow into a good one but not now.

K. Forcing a lot of turnovers. Getting sacks. They are bending but not breaking and that's okay with me. They aren't below average.

Considering the Steelers injuries, I can see the browns pulling out a win. Landry Jones is excellent off the bench, he sucks when he knows he's gonna start.

That's right boys, better make your excuses in advance for this one.

Z

The Bungles are elite. At least at the moment they are. We'll see how they look in the playoffs.

I'm talking about an elite franchise. I'm not saying you're wrong, its just that we have two different ideas of what elite means. They've finally put together a string of winning seasons, but let the bengals win a stinkin playoff game and a Super Bowl before we dub them an elite franchise.

Eliteness is earned over time through a body of work.

I'm talking about an elite franchise. I'm not saying you're wrong, its just that we have two different ideas of what elite means. They've finally put together a string of winning seasons, but let the bengals win a stinkin playoff game and a Super Bowl before we dub them an elite franchise.

Eliteness is earned over time through a body of work.

By your definition the browns are elite based on past accomplishments. I disagree wholeheartedly with your assessment. The past means nothing in the nfl. Especially ancient history like 40-60 years ago. There is only the here and now. New England is the elite franchise of the league. Pittsburgh is in the next tier of teams that's had a good level of recent success. You're right there with the Giants and the Ravens.

Not an excuse, it's a reason.

"We turned the ball over", "poor play calling", "we made too many mistakes" are excuses for losing.

Actually, THOSE are reasons. Real reasons why you lose a football game.

"We have too many injuries" ... before the game is even played ... that is pre-made excuse, my friend.

Zombo

Landry Jones has a sore elbow. It seems he was pleasuring himself in the tub and the corner of his elbow hit the tub repeatily and now he's probable for Sundays game. Big Ben got wind of this and is giving him pointers on how to relieve "tennis elbow".

Archived