THE BROWNS BOARD

Steeler Week

Canton Dawg

Good news Zombo!James Harrison is hurt and isn't playing...you can safely run onto the field!

I didn't know the old fart was still playing.

I'll be sure to look for his wheelchair on the sidelines.

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok, Fucktard, here's the deal:

You have two choices....

1. Live in the past.

2, Live in the present.

If you choose to live in the past, you must include ALL of the past. That is ... Browns 8 titles in less years than it has taken Steelers to win 6 titles.

If you want to live in the present, then it is simply ... Browns with a one game winning streak.

What you CANNOT do, is cherrypick. I.E. "Let's choose 1970 as a starting point, because that supports my team".

That's gay ... and you damn well know it is gay.

So pick past or present, and be a man about it.

Z

Only for the vast majority no one gives a damn about championships before the Super Bowl era when measuring Super Bowl era franchises. If I were a fan of any other team I would say the same thing. Teams now are measured by Super Bowl wins. If say ESPN does a graphic on teams without championships the Browns are always on the list. I'm not discrediting history or those pre merger wins, they certainly matter for historical purposes and team history. However if you talk about them you are a diehard browns fan or a purist, that's it.

Only for the vast majority no one gives a damn about championships before the Super Bowl era when measuring Super Bowl era franchises. If I were a fan of any other team I would say the same thing. Teams now are measured by Super Bowl wins. If say ESPN does a graphic on teams without championships the Browns are always on the list. I'm not discrediting history or those pre merger wins, they certainly matter for historical purposes and team history. However if you talk about them you are a diehard browns fan or a purist, that's it.

Vag's numbers and stats are funny in a pitiful way. And no matter what he comes up with...he still eats this fan's shit. I saw Browns teams that would have had ben the rat confessing to his felonies....and I shit in their water.....stat that asswipe

I think "vast majority" is a bit much ... and it doesn't make them right.

I actually hear "Cleveland hasn't won a championship since 1964" all the time, so I think that one counted.

Jim Brown counted. Paul Brown and Otto Graham counted too.

Vince Lombardi won 5 Championships in Green Bay not two.

Johnny Unitas is a three-time NFL champion, not a one-time Super Bowl Champion.

Yes, the media likes to over-simplify things and the sheep eat it up.

But it still happened. And loyal Browns (and Packers, Colts, Giants, etc.) fans have those bragging rights, and they always will.

Greatness is greatness.

It doesn't expire.

Zombo

Lol... the NFL recognizing the browns silly AAFC "championships" would be equivalent to the NFL accepting San Jose's Arena Football championships if they joined the NFL.

Not in anyway similar, arena league is a completely different game, while the AAFC and the NFL are the same game just different names....

Vag's numbers and stats are funny in a pitiful way. And no matter what he comes up with...he still eats this fan's shit. I saw Browns teams that would have had ben the rat confessing to his felonies....and I shit in their water.....stat that asswipe

Numbers and stats? I didn't provide any. Find someone that isn't a browns fan that gives a damn about those premerger championships that isn't a football historian/purist.

Find someone that isn't a browns fan that gives a damn about those premerger championships

Id offer the same challenge.....find someone who's not a Stools fan who gives a damn about what happened in 1974...

Or, even better, find someone not named Vag who gives a damn about your opinion on anything...

Or....find someone who IS a Stools fan and isnt named Vag who gives a damn about posts on a Browns board...

Hey Fluges....nice action pics of the rapist...btw

Not in anyway similar, arena league is a completely different game, while the AAFC and the NFL are the same game just different names....

They tend to forget the Browns were such an inferior team playing in the old AAFC, they won the championship every year, and when they "moved up" to the big bad NFL- they proceeded to win that Championship their first year. And won a bunch more in the next 5 years. The team was so inferior- six of those guys, plus the coach are in the HOF.

As Gipper pointed out- the only reason the NFL doesn't recognize the AAFC records is- Bert Bell the Commish at the time, was so poed that the Browns were showing up the NFL- he kept the AAFC records from counting. That league was no more inferior than the old AFL in it's formative years, and BTW all those 55-50 games from that era are counted in the NFL records.

So if Steeler fans are only interested in recent history- well the Patriots are the dominant franchise, not Ptttsburgh. They can go ahead and live in the glory days of the seventies- they're no more relevant now than Browns teams of the 50s. Speaking of- you'd have to be around fifty to actually remember that era.

Id offer the same challenge.....find someone who's not a Stools fan who gives a damn about what happened in 1974...

Or, even better, find someone not named Vag who gives a damn about your opinion on anything...

Or....find someone who IS a Stools fan and isnt named Vag who gives a damn about posts on a Browns board...

Everyone talks about the teams with the most Super Bowls. It's the benchmark.

They tend to forget the Browns were such an inferior team playing in the old AAFC, they won the championship every year, and when they "moved up" to the big bad NFL- they proceeded to win that Championship their first year. And won a bunch more in the next 5 years. The team was so inferior- six of those guys, plus the coach are in the HOF.

As Gipper pointed out- the only reason the NFL doesn't recognize the AAFC records is- Bert Bell the Commish at the time, was so poed that the Browns were showing up the NFL- he kept the AAFC records from counting. That league was no more inferior than the old AFL in it's formative years, and BTW all those 55-50 games from that era are counted in the NFL records.

So if Steeler fans are only interested in recent history- well the Patriots are the dominant franchise, not Ptttsburgh. They can go ahead and live in the glory days of the seventies- they're no more relevant now than Browns teams of the 50s. Speaking of- you'd have to be around fifty to actually remember that era.

You may be correct if the steelers didn't win two in the last 15 years and went to a third. As far as "dominance" is concerned I agree its the Patriots.

Totally agree mud. The best of Flugs is shining during steeler week with the change of avatar. when tanner from the bad news bears tells the Yankees to shove there damn trophies where the sun don't shine. Turkey Jones made Bradshaw shine on that ass that day & his bald ass too. wonder if terry still avoids "turkey" on broadcast thanksgiving? ;) Go Browns!!

Given past patterns, I predict that Mike Pettine will be fired on January 5, 2016. He will become a defensive coordinator elsewhere.

There is much argument here about past championships. Championships from the 70s don't matter, neither do championships won in a defunct league by a team in leather helmets that moved to another city decades ago. Count the Rams championship also if it makes you sleep better.

Anything that matters will be settled on the field tomorrow.

I refrain from personal attacks under the Defenseless Franchise rule.

One evening 3 NFL fans decide to go to their local watering hole, tip a few and talk some smack. The Browns, Bills and stealers were their teams. On the way they come upon the dead nude body of a woman. Quickly the Browns fan took off his cap, put it on a tit and sez..we gotta get a cop! the Bills fan put his cap on her other tit and agreed. The stealer fan took his cap, put it on her twat and said lets go. They get the cop and return where upon he takes the Browns and Bills hat off the girl's tits and hands them to the guys that owned them. He then picked up the stealer cap about a foot and suddenly got a very puzzled look on his face and sets it back down. The cop's scratching his head and the stealer fan, looking a bit worried asked if something was wrong. The cop replied...well geez, every time I ever saw a stealer hat before, it had an asshole under it!

GO BROWNS!

Lmao. Gordon racked up to a lot of his yardage in garbage time or on dig routes. Find one person that isn't a browns fan that would rather have Gordon over brown.

That stat is garbage. Setting off field performance aside EVERY team would take Gordon over Brown. If you can't admit that there's not doubt you are either stupid or trolling.

That's not very nice. You know you posers could have drafted Ben, instead you drafted the Warrior Winslow. Thank you for that. We won 2 Super Bowls with Ben and I get the feeling we will one more before he is done. Steelers are nice and friendly, you Brownies are mean and bitter.

We just don't like big fucktard rapists. Now go ahead tell me what an innocent man he is.

Archived