THE BROWNS BOARD

Farmer says "I'm Still here!" More Roster Moves...

Tour2ma

As much as I despise Farmer, I call bullshit on this article.

3 Browns make the top ten list. . .

Ten biggest NFL rookie busts of 2015

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/ten-biggest-nfl-rookie-busts-in-2015/ar-BBnD9pw

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can't teach an old dog new tricks huh? As was said, then why isn't he getting in when Benji has to take a blow after running a fly pattern?

Im only the messenger, but it sounded to me like he has to pick 6 guys to sit each week....and usually only carries 4 wide outs ...so he picks the 4 he can move around and do the most with....more just a numbers game...

(Though I suspect Pettine would prefer just to say he sucks and a dead elephant could run faster)

Yea.....I can see the other two....but not Duke. He was only a third round pick....and I think that for a pick in that area he has done fine for his rookie year.

Agreed. I didn't read the article because it is one of those you have to click through page by page.

But I saw the author was a chick.

And if she has Duke in the top 10 bust list she has never seen a football game.

See Page 10

http://www.brownsmedia.com/images/9003/12_20_15_vs_Seattle_Seahawks.pdf

2nd in rookie receptions

5th in rookie receiving yards

5th in NFL running back receptions

4th in NFL running back receiving yards

7th in Browns all-time rookie reception leaders ... could be third on the list by Sunday night.

I did like Zombo and only looked at page one......Cause there is no way Duke is a year one bust.....ridiculous.....

BUT.....I did see that they had Beasley listed as one of the busts and he was a guy I really wanted, so was a little disappointed to see he didnt do well..... I decided to check the numbers to see just HOW bad he was as a Rookie....cause watching my favorite whipping boy, Kruger, has just worn me out and I thought Beasley woulda made a nice replacement for him....

Beasley....3 sacks....30 hurries......15 tackles.....3 missed tackles.....12 stops....PFF 3.1

Kruger......3 sacks....33 hurries......16 tackles.....6 missed tackles.....15 stops....PFF 3.0

Spooky, isnt it........?

Continuing to repeat your incorrect assertion does NOT eliminate the influence of Tour's data -- it makes you wrong.

The influence of Tour's data is not established. It is only anecdotal.

Yup... anecdotal... the other thing it is though is data, of which you have offered zip.

I agree x3

First triple post I can recall... New record?

I'm with Tour. No problem in just bringing guys in. Same way I run my fantasy team.

May have stumbled upon Farmer's core issue...

I did like Zombo and only looked at page one......Cause there is no way Duke is a year one bust.....ridiculous.....

As a Receiving Back... certainly not a bust.

As a Running Back... a case can be made.

On balance, however, no, not a bust.

Also not a bust in my mind... Shelton. Stats are not glitzy to be sure, but do the numbers not still support that he has been a middle run stuffer? Haven't seen then in a while, but at one point earlier I believe that was what they showed.

Your agreement means nothing.

The problem that was originally hypothesized in this thread ["Too Many Moves"] was DISPROVEN by Tour. It's objectively wrong.

You haven't defined a new problem that incorporates his data.

Continuing to repeat your incorrect assertion does NOT eliminate the influence of Tour's data -- it makes you wrong.

Repeating 1,2,5 items that don't represent anything systemic.. doesn't change anything or "refute" Tour's post.

Hey, if I'm wrong, I'm wrong. Then I just have the OPINION I don't like the way Farmer is churning the roster. And dumping a wr when Harline and Hawkins won't be available, Bowe being a stiff- and picking up a running back that we don't really need- is plain crazy IMHO.

As much as I despise Farmer, I call bullshit on this article.

3 Browns make the top ten list. . .

Ten biggest NFL rookie busts of 2015

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/ten-biggest-nfl-rookie-busts-in-2015/ar-BBnD9pw

Yeah, I call BS on Johnson- only a third round pick giving us at least third round production. You were expecting Barry Sanders?

But man- that clip of Erving getting pancaked by the Steelers was bad, really, really bad.

Author must be a Steelers fan. Their third round pick Sammy Coates has one reception for 11 yards. BUST.

Yeah, I call BS on Johnson- only a third round pick giving us at least third round production. You were expecting Barry Sanders?

But man- that clip of Erving getting pancaked by the Steelers was bad, really, really bad.

Author must be a Steelers fan. Their third round pick Sammy Coates has one reception for 11 yards. BUST.

Really? And she (someone said it was a woman) doesn't pick him as one of the top ten busts....but he does pick Duke?

I don't know if the author is a Steeler fan? But she is as stupid as a Steeler fan.

Really? And she (someone said it was a woman) doesn't pick him as one of the top ten busts....but he does pick Duke?

I don't know if the author is a Steeler fan? But she is as stupid as a Steeler fan.

Here ya have it Gip. :)http://www.steelers.com/team/roster/Sammie-Coates/f48730eb-5ec1-40fe-ba07-4b9f10a14963

Now if Vagitron was still posting, he'd have him as a rookie of the year candidate. In all fairness, he has a couple of pretty good guys ahead of him.

Archived