THE BROWNS BOARD

Farmer says "I'm Still here!" More Roster Moves...

Tour2ma

The Cleveland Browns on Tuesday signed tight end Connor Hamlett and defensive back Tim Scott to the practice squad. To make room on the roster, the team released defensive back Kendall James from the practice squad.

Hamlett is a 6-7, 259-pound rookie out of Oregon State where he totaled 104 catches for 1,109 yards and 10 TDs in 47 career games and 29 starts. A native of Edmonds, Wash., Hamlett was originally signed by the Jacksonville Jaguars as an undrafted free agent in 2015 and was released at the end of training camp. He also spent time on practice squads for the Philadelphia Eagles and the New Orleans Saints. Hamlett attended Meadowdale High School in Lynnwood, Wash.

Scott, 5-11, 195-pound rookie, started 45 of 50 career games at North Carolina, totaling 212 tackles, 25 passes defensed and eight INTs. Scott originally signed with the Dallas Cowboys as an undrafted free agent in 2015 and was released at the end of training camp before spending time on the Cowboys practice squad. A native of Fredericksburg Va., Scott attended Colonial Forge High School in Stafford, Va.

http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news/article-5/Browns-sign-TE-Connor-Hamlett-DB-Tim-Scott-to-practice-squad-/4d5ef056-50b0-4e9c-ac1e-047c93222683

The above on top of:

12/08/2015 Signed OL Darrian Miller.

12/08/2015 Placed FB Malcolm Johnson on injured reserve.

12/07/2015 Signed OL Gabe Ikard.

12/07/2015 Placed OL Joel Bitonio on injured reserve.

12/05/2015 Waived OL Darrian Miller.

12/05/2015 Signed WR Darius Jennings to the active roster from the practice squad

12/02/2015 Released OL Ronald Patrick from the practice squad.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did you know Tom Brady has more receiving yards than Dwayne Bowe.

Shaun Draghn comes back to Cleveland and probably will go for 100 yards and a TD. I HAVE HIM ON ALL MY TEAMS

The Cleveland Browns on Tuesday signed tight end Connor Hamlett and defensive back Tim Scott to the practice squad. To make room on the roster, the team released defensive back Kendall James from the practice squad.

Hamlett is a 6-7, 259-pound rookie out of Oregon State where he totaled 104 catches for 1,109 yards and 10 TDs in 47 career games and 29 starts. A native of Edmonds, Wash., Hamlett was originally signed by the Jacksonville Jaguars as an undrafted free agent in 2015 and was released at the end of training camp. He also spent time on practice squads for the Philadelphia Eagles and the New Orleans Saints. Hamlett attended Meadowdale High School in Lynnwood, Wash.

Scott, 5-11, 195-pound rookie, started 45 of 50 career games at North Carolina, totaling 212 tackles, 25 passes defensed and eight INTs. Scott originally signed with the Dallas Cowboys as an undrafted free agent in 2015 and was released at the end of training camp before spending time on the Cowboys practice squad. A native of Fredericksburg Va., Scott attended Colonial Forge High School in Stafford, Va.

http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news/article-5/Browns-sign-TE-Connor-Hamlett-DB-Tim-Scott-to-practice-squad-/4d5ef056-50b0-4e9c-ac1e-047c93222683

The above on top of:

12/08/2015 Signed OL Darrian Miller.

12/08/2015 Placed FB Malcolm Johnson on injured reserve.

12/07/2015 Signed OL Gabe Ikard.

12/07/2015 Placed OL Joel Bitonio on injured reserve.

12/05/2015 Waived OL Darrian Miller.

12/05/2015 Signed WR Darius Jennings to the active roster from the practice squad

12/02/2015 Released OL Ronald Patrick from the practice squad.

Well, Farmer had to make some moves to deal with the players that got hurt.....like Bito and Malcom.

But....as I noted elsewhere....Farmer spend almost all his time worrying about players 52 and 53 on the roster and playing with the PS than he does dealing with the Top of the Roster.

(though...I suppose, in his defense you could say....that part of the roster is now the HCs concern. Farmer's job is to get players....not to coach them)

Well, Farmer had to make some moves to deal with the players that got hurt.....like Bito and Malcom.

But....as I noted elsewhere....Farmer spend almost all his time worrying about players 52 and 53 on the roster and playing with the PS than he does dealing with the Top of the Roster.

(though...I suppose, in his defense you could say....that part of the roster is now the HCs concern. Farmer's job is to get players....not to coach them)

I've sorta thought that a lot of that has needed doing for some time. That could start addressing the terrible lack of depth. Guys start getting hurt and we're screwed.

Great point Gip & I have tracked PS moves & Grossi maybe right. 6OL (Ladson twice, McDonald, Patrick ,Miller , Gerhart) 4DE ( D Wynn twice, Drew, Quarles) 1 ILB HAYES PULLARD to Jags. 1 OLB Cam Johnson. 5 DB's James twice, Don Jones, D. Saunders, Zimmerman. 1 WR D. Jennings (up last week) 1 RB Draughn (final cut) 1 QB Blanchard.. Farmer has a love for OL,DB & TE's but no love at WR nor a LB that can tackle nor cover after Soloman went down for year (orch & mingo is it)..

Tour, what's your assessment of Bibbs' play so far?

LOL... I've found it "lacking".

But with MJ now on IR should see him H-backing very soon.

Well, we had Hawkins and Gabriel out last week.....and Moore and Benjamin got hurt during the game.

All that was left was Hartline and Jennings....and Barnidge.

Yea, you picked up the guy....use him.

And Bowe as well?

Probably not, Gip...

The two things that Pet mentioned in Pryor's favor was him being in shape and picking back up the system quickly...

Hamlett @ 6'7" would be a great WR size but when you can't crack a roster spot at TE on Jags, Eagles or Saints. Barney needs to stay on the field than Bibbs & Drey is his only rest. see this as depth as JM may hang one of them out. (JM has hung others out & they ain't back)

Hamlett @ 6'7" would be a great WR size but when you can't crack a roster spot at TE on Jags, Eagles or Saints. Barney needs to stay on the field than Bibbs & Drey is his only rest. see this as depth as JM may hang one of them out. (JM has hung others out & they ain't back)

What?

To be fair, those are strongish TE rooms.

JM's eye discipline has gotten considerably better.

Sooner or later receivers get lit up... it happens... even when their QBs are among the best.

You've got it all wrong... It's "Famers Fight".

LOL! You're takin' my shtick Tour. That'll be $10 for patent infringement. :P

Next you'll claim we need to blow next season too so we can get our hands on Myles Garrett.

Jennings cut for RB/KR Mostert:

http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news/article-5/Browns-claim-RB-Raheem-Mostert/e11c1989-0471-4a5e-b3d0-0b035505dee6

The Cleveland Browns on Wednesday claimed running back Raheem Mostert via waivers from Baltimore. In addition, the team waived wide receiver Darius Jenningsicon-article-link.gif.

A 5-10, 197-pound rookie from Purdue, Mostert (pronounced MOE-stert) originally signed with Philadelphia as an undrafted free agent. After spending Week 1 on the Eagles’ practice squad, he has appeared in eight NFL games – one with the Dolphins and seven with the Ravens. Mostert is averaging 31.6 yards per kickoff return (221 yards on seven attempts) this season after setting a program record with 2,289 career kickoff return yards during his four years with the Boilermakers.

With the Browns, Jennings registered five catches for 35 yards and returned five kickoffs for 112 yards (22.4 average) in the past two games after being elevated to the active roster from the team’s practice squad on Dec. 5. The undrafted rookie from Virginia spent the first 12 weeks of the season on Cleveland’s practice squad after signing with the Browns as an undrafted free agent following a tryout during the team’s rookie minicamp.

Never saw Jennings make a bad play when on the field. Seems like Farmer getting closer to his wish of Bowe on the field. Hartline out & we go RB after best output of Crow & Duke?

Jennings cut for RB/KR Mostert:

http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news/article-5/Browns-claim-RB-Raheem-Mostert/e11c1989-0471-4a5e-b3d0-0b035505dee6

The Cleveland Browns on Wednesday claimed running back Raheem Mostert via waivers from Baltimore. In addition, the team waived wide receiver Darius Jenningsicon-article-link.gif.

A 5-10, 197-pound rookie from Purdue, Mostert (pronounced MOE-stert) originally signed with Philadelphia as an undrafted free agent. After spending Week 1 on the Eagles’ practice squad, he has appeared in eight NFL games – one with the Dolphins and seven with the Ravens. Mostert is averaging 31.6 yards per kickoff return (221 yards on seven attempts) this season after setting a program record with 2,289 career kickoff return yards during his four years with the Boilermakers.

With the Browns, Jennings registered five catches for 35 yards and returned five kickoffs for 112 yards (22.4 average) in the past two games after being elevated to the active roster from the team’s practice squad on Dec. 5. The undrafted rookie from Virginia spent the first 12 weeks of the season on Cleveland’s practice squad after signing with the Browns as an undrafted free agent following a tryout during the team’s rookie minicamp.

It makes no sense, Jennings was good enough to get the start over Dwayne Blowe last week.

Now he gets cut to make room for another fucking RB?

I don't get it.

Archived