THE BROWNS BOARD

Farmer says "I'm Still here!" More Roster Moves...

Tour2ma

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Never saw Jennings make a bad play when on the field. Seems like Farmer getting closer to his wish of Bowe on the field. Hartline out & we go RB after best output of Crow & Duke?

Just reconfirms my already poor opinion of Farmer Brown. Totally senseless. Now Pet has to activate Bowe this week.

It makes no sense, Jennings was good enough to get the start over Dwayne Blowe last week.

Now he gets cut to make room for another fucking RB?

I don't get it.

@dustinfox37 A move like cutting Jennings and keeping Bowe can really rub the guys in the locker room wrong way. Bowe making 9 mil and can’t get on field

I don't get this move . . . Farmer needs to go

^+1 to all the above. I'm beginning to think Farmer has lost his mind.

It makes no sense, Jennings was good enough to get the start over Dwayne Blowe last week.

Now he gets cut to make room for another fucking RB?

I don't get it.

Sounds like Farmer is forcing Pettine to play Bowe. If Bowe plays well, Pettine looks like the moron for leaving him on the bench all year. As of now, Farmer looks like the moron for signing Bowe to the 9 million deal... Haslam must not yet know who his fall guy is..

Sounds like Farmer is forcing Pettine to play Bowe. If Bowe plays well, Pettine looks like the moron for leaving him on the bench all year. As of now, Farmer looks like the moron for signing Bowe to the 9 million deal... Haslam must not yet know who his fall guy is..

That would be called trying to make Pettine the fall guy. It's obvious- we were way better stocked at RB than WR. If he was so hellbent on having another running back, he could just have kept Turbin or Draughn.

I think the funny thing is that if Bowe does play it will show exactly why he was a horrible pickup even more glaringly and will cost Farmer his job. That guy couldn't get open if he wore a jet pack.

I think the funny thing is that if Bowe does play it will show exactly why he was a horrible pickup even more glaringly and will cost Farmer his job. That guy couldn't get open if he wore a jet pack.

Bowe will even have a little added advantage to get some separation having a scrambling qb who can buy some more time for the receivers to get open.

I'm really not buying all of the conspiracy theories/ Machiavellianism behind the scenes on this move.

Look ... Jennings was a little guy that helped us out in a pinch.

Returned some kickoffs and caught a few short passes.

1. Mosteet was averaging 30+ yards per kick return, so that's an upgrade. and maybe they like his potential as a RB for next year's camp

2. Gabe is back and starting this week. Jennings was a Gabe clone.

Marlon Moore, playing ahead of Bowe, is performing quite well. Pryor also taking snaps ahead of Bowe.

So I don't get the "this forces Pet to play Bowe" thing.

Benji, Gabe, Moore, Pryor ... at BEST Bowe is 5th receiver. But we also have this Rannell Hall guy we just signed .. and it is not too late for Hawkins to pass protocol... so don't be surprised is Bowe is healthily scratching himself on the inactive list again.

Pett isn't being forced to play that fucker.

Yet, why Farmer won't give up on him is beyond me.

Zombo

And Pettine actually spoke on Bowe yesterday in his pressy, when asked why Bowe never plays........

And, basically, he said that Bowe has only played the X(or #1 position), which is Benji's job....and isnt able to adjust to other sets.....ala the #2 or slot......

And.....

#1) since he isnt "flexible" in what he does, the other receivers offer more to a coach in their ability to adjust and move around........

#2) Benji is playing great and it would be unfair to sit him for Bowe......

So....there it is.....if you want Bowe, then either Benji sits or Bowe plays a role he doesnt know how to play....

Again....just another probably useless fiddlefartfuckaround move by Farmer to justify his existance.

I mean, really: West, Draughn, Turbin, this guy....and who the fuckever else? If Farmer wants to play games why doesn't he just get a Parcheesi game.

I do know Farmer wants to turn every stone, but the revolving door is really spinning fast....on RB's especially......(WR & DB too)...

In 2 seasons weve had 11 HB's and, at lest, 5 FB's......and it HAS to be a strain on the running game....how can anyone get used to anything or a comfort level if we change personnel every few weeks......

Flanders, Draughn, Lundy, Winston, Baker, Tate, Lewis, Crowell, West, Johnson & Johnson, Small, OBY, Agnew & Turbin....

And Id add....that Crow pretty much was the guy early last year(even though they didnt declare him #1) and now he is still the guy.....so we've gone through a million backs, but haven't really kept ANY.....

I do know Farmer wants to turn every stone, but the revolving door is really spinning fast....on RB's especially......(WR & DB too)...

In 2 seasons weve had 11 HB's and, at lest, 5 FB's......and it HAS to be a strain on the running game....how can anyone get used to anything or a comfort level if we change personnel every few weeks......

Flanders, Draughn, Lundy, Winston, Baker, Tate, Lewis, Crowell, West, Johnson & Johnson, Small, OBY, Agnew & Turbin....

And Id add....that Crow pretty much was the guy early last year(even though they didnt declare him #1) and now he is still the guy.....so we've gone through a million backs, but haven't really kept ANY.....

I think Farmer wants to CHURN every stone....until it all comes out pea gravel. Or this:

I don't see the issue with Farmer.. at all. He's sifting through the league's river bottom at WR and RB (and to a lesser extent OL) looking for a gem or at least some serviceable depth. Why shouldn't he?

In this move we swap a 3rd-string WR/KR where injured are returning for a RB where we were about 2-1/2 deep thanks to Winston's concussive debut.

As for Draughn... while I thought he was serviceable depth, let's not go too crazy about his SF performance. He's been pressed into service there (the definition of serviceable depth) where he is averaging 3.4 ypc.

Same for Lewis... Yes, he is producing for NE, but in the role that Duke fills for us. Do you want him taking a portion of Duke's snaps?

Who else on Mud's two-year tally are you close to missing? Certainly not Tate, West or Turbine, all of whom Pet likely asked Framer to ship out.

Interesting note on Bowe only showing "proficiency" at the X. I guess that means that either Benji is not very versatile or our Y's are all better than Bowe as well. Add that we do not see Bowe (whether he's active or not) when Benji takes a blow and it appears at least half our leadership twins is trying to play nice.

I don't think it is a matter of missing any of those marginal players......it just that this Churning seems to be just another indices of a franchise that is unstable.

Farmer cannot go a week without making a couple of moves to the PS or the bottom of the roster.

Perhaps when JH dumps him he can just tell Farmer that he is following his example of trying to constantly improve his team's roster (and in this case roster can include not only players but coaches, scouts, and other FO personnel.)

Since final cut downs to 53:

The Bengals, one of the healthiest teams in 2015, have made a mere 26 roster moves...

http://www.bengals.com/news/transactions.html

The Pats, one of the teams hardest hit by injuries, have made 92 player moves.

http://www.patriots.com/team/transactions

We have made 73...

http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/team/transactions.html

Injuries play a big role...

As do moves made by other teams who have players on another teams watch list...

As do reports from the HC that a PS member is ready for the 53-man...

There are many reasons that make moves necessary.

Again....just another move by Farmer to justify his existance.

What number [both mean AND s.d.] are you hypothesizing is the "normal" number of transactions for a stable franchise?

What's your historical data to back up that hypothesis? What's the source of that data?

With that defined.. What, exactly, is the problem?

"Transactions" in and of themselves aren't a thing. Is the transaction to backfill because of an injury? Is it because of inconsistent/inadequate play of the low-roster guys? Is it because of poor character in the locker room of the low-roster guys?

This would result in.. The mean transaction count over time being too high? The mean OK but the s.d. too high? The transaction count annual run rate trending above the upper control limit over the last 3 seasons in a row? [eg, we ignore single season blips]

And now that we've defined the problem.. How, exactly, will we know we've "fixed" this issue?

Without this information, I do not agree that there is a problem. If you can't measure it, it didn't happen.

Observation backed up by Gruden on MNF.....

Again....just another probably useless fiddlefartfuckaround move by Farmer to justify his existance.

I mean, really: West, Draughn, Turbin, this guy....and who the fuckever else? If Farmer wants to play games why doesn't he just get a Parcheesi game.

I agree with ya Gip.

And Pettine actually spoke on Bowe yesterday in his pressy, when asked why Bowe never plays........

And, basically, he said that Bowe has only played the X(or #1 position), which is Benji's job....and isn't able to adjust to other sets.....ala the #2 or slot......

And.....

#1) since he isnt "flexible" in what he does, the other receivers offer more to a coach in their ability to adjust and move around........

#2) Benji is playing great and it would be unfair to sit him for Bowe......

So....there it is.....if you want Bowe, then either Benji sits or Bowe plays a role he doesn't know how to play....

Can't teach an old dog new tricks huh? As was said, then why isn't he getting in when Benji has to take a blow after running a fly pattern?

I agree with ya Gip.

Your agreement means nothing.

The problem that was originally hypothesized in this thread ["Too Many Moves"] was DISPROVEN by Tour. It's objectively wrong.

You haven't defined a new problem that incorporates his data.

Continuing to repeat your incorrect assertion does NOT eliminate the influence of Tour's data -- it makes you wrong.

Repeating 1,2,5 items that don't represent anything systemic.. doesn't change anything or "refute" Tour's post.

Have you ever had to answer a set of Interrogatories?

What number [both mean AND s.d.] are you hypothesizing is the "normal" number of transactions for a stable franchise?

Less than we have made.

What's your historical data to back up that hypothesis? What's the source of that data?

The fact is that the Browns are an unstable franchise that makes many moves. The Question is the source of the answer itself.

With that defined.. What, exactly, is the problem?

The problem is that the Browns are an unstable franchise.

"Transactions" in and of themselves aren't a thing. Is the transaction to backfill because of an injury? Is it because of inconsistent/inadequate play of the low-roster guys? Is it because of poor character in the locker room of the low-roster guys?

Objection. Rhetorical not designed to elicit a reply that is with the knowledge of the respondent.

This would result in.. The mean transaction count over time being too high? The mean OK but the s.d. too high? The transaction count annual run rate trending above the upper control limit over the last 3 seasons in a row? [eg, we ignore single season blips]

The question posed is hypothetical. It is not designed to elicit a reply that is within the knowledge of the respondent.

And now that we've defined the problem.. How, exactly, will we know we've "fixed" this issue?

The question makes assumption that cannot within reason be declared factual....and fails to pose such question such that an answer would be within the knowledge of the respondent.

Without this information, I do not agree that there is a problem. If you can't measure it, it didn't happen.

Question is argumentative. It denies well established criteria.

Welcome to my world.

Your agreement means nothing.

The problem that was originally hypothesized in this thread ["Too Many Moves"] was DISPROVEN by Tour. It's objectively wrong.

This is a conclusion that is not within the purview of the questioner to make.

Nothing has been proven or disproven.....the mere presentation of snippets of evidence is not clear and convincing proof

You haven't defined a new problem that incorporates his data.

Continuing to repeat your incorrect assertion does NOT eliminate the influence of Tour's data -- it makes you wrong.

The influence of Tour's data is not established. It is only anecdotal.

Repeating 1,2,5 items that don't represent anything systemic.. doesn't change anything or "refute" Tour's post.

Archived