THE BROWNS BOARD

Pettine: Russell Wilson not among top tier QB's

jrb12711

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know what constitutes "elite", but I'm pretty sure Wilson has like 16 td's and zero picks in his last four or five games. Oh, and he's won a Superbowl. And he's playing without one of the best RB's in the league. And he doesn't have amazing WR's.

Pettine is correct in my opinion. Elite organizations, teams, players have several years of performance. Patriots are an elite organization, Panthers are not. Panthers are very good this year, but I don't consider them elite yet. If they remain a top team for the next 5-10 years, then they are an elite organization. An organization, team or player can have a good year, or two, that is not being elite. Derek Anderson, Kordell Stewert - great years, not elite talent.

I don't know what constitutes "elite"...

In the context of the article.....IE "What Pettine actually said"......is that Wilson isnt top 3-4 with Brady, Rodgers, Roethlesburg & Brees .....but certainly is in the next level....

So, in context, he wasnt swiping at Wilson....just speaking the truth....he's good, even very good...but not Brady ...

In the context of the article.....IE "What Pettine actually said"......is that Wilson isnt top 3-4 with Brady, Rodgers, Roethlesburg & Brees .....but certainly is in the next level....

So, in context, he wasnt swiping at Wilson....just speaking the truth....he's good, even very good...but not Brady ...

True.

Pettine is correct in my opinion. Elite organizations, teams, players have several years of performance. Patriots are an elite organization, Panthers are not. Panthers are very good this year, but I don't consider them elite yet. If they remain a top team for the next 5-10 years, then they are an elite organization. An organization, team or player can have a good year, or two, that is not being elite. Derek Anderson, Kordell Stewert - great years, not elite talent.

Pettine made a comment about the Panthers ?

Can we perhaps agree the words could have been said better when we're going to Seattle to play the second hottest team in the NFL outside of Carolina?

typically coaches of 3-11 teams, or whatever we are now....don't make it a point to antagonize the QB of a team that is on fire and trying to secure as high a playoff birth as possible. Not the smartest move...Wilson is going to bunghole rape us. And something tells me that's the point. FO told Pettine make sure we don't win another game.

So basically the reporters are just trying to stir the pot and be assholes? Sounds about right.

I'm so tired of this "elite" term. The one guy that not many people talk about is Carson Palmer. That guy is having one hell of a year, and his deep ball accuracy is just Retarded. He's playing at a damn fine level right now.

typically coaches of 3-11 teams, or whatever we are now....don't make it a point to antagonize the QB of a team that is on fire and trying to secure as high a playoff birth as possible. Not the smartest move...Wilson is going to bunghole rape us. And something tells me that's the point. FO told Pettine make sure we don't win another game.

Eh idk about all that, but I've added this to the "head scratcher" group of things Pettine has done in his wonderful stint as HC.

Pettine just lit a fire under an already HOT team trying to get back to the Super Bowl. Wilson has 13 touchdowns in his last 3 games. He had 5 against Pittsburgh and 5 against Baltimore. He's been in 2 Super Bowls and should have one both of them. He relies on Doug Baldwin and rookie Tyler Lockett. If that's not elite I don't know what is.

Why would Pettine give Seattle at home more incentive to crush the Browns. My God! People who talk trash better back it up!

Wilson's first two years in the league he beat every supposed top tier quarterback. This guy is striving to be the best. On and off the field I would take Wilson at 27 over any other QB. He's mobile, reads defenses, has high football IQ, and makes very FEW mistakes. He will win at least two more Super Bowls before Pettine ever even tastes a winning season.

Sounds like a jealous teenager making a statement like that!

Pettine just lit a fire under an already HOT team trying to get back to the Super Bowl. Wilson has 13 touchdowns in his last 3 games. He had 5 against Pittsburgh and 5 against Baltimore. He's been in 2 Super Bowls and should have one both of them. He relies on Doug Baldwin and rookie Tyler Lockett. If that's not elite I don't know what is.

Why would Pettine give Seattle at home more incentive to crush the Browns. My God! People who talk trash better back it up!

Pettine didn't talk trash, he just said that Wilson wasn't in the top 3-4 QB's in the league....which is an accurate statement.

Archived