THE BROWNS BOARD

Pettine: Russell Wilson not among top tier QB's

jrb12711

You guys have got to love having DieHard's support... whatever it is.

Where did I say Moeller was canned for no reason at all? Moeller as accused of assaulting a female visitor to his home. As a result he and the Browns, undoubtedly led by Pet, agreed to part ways. Where is the parallel to JM in 2014?

Ah... "the trend"...

The leaps you make from discrete, anecdotal incidents to the macro trend put Evil Knievel to shame. I can't decide whether it or your ability to ignore material rebuttals to your "points" is your greater asset.

Please try to keep focus...

I'm flattered by your level of anxiety. You're not coming across as a happy camper. Hang in there...

Everyone else - thanks for the nice feedback and compliments.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To Me.. Pettine is a nice guy.. I like the man.. But I never once got the sense that this guy was "Must have" as a coach...

True....but if he gets canned, prepare for another Pettine-like coach.

Who is going to come here? The "hot" coordinators like Gase & McDaniels turned us down before.

Pettine isn't great by any means, but the Browns still go after it. I haven't seen a mail-in job yet, that's a credit to the coach IMHO.

TDs were 26 to 15 in favor of Wilson going into today, c'mon Mik these are even close.

I honestly can't believe some people on this board. I'm all for some good debate put people say stuff that is literally baffling. Yeah, a guy who is the future of the league and has been to two super bowls is less sought after than a career game manager. That totally adds up.

Going into this year, it seemed Brady, Rogers, Manning, and Brees had the top tier locked up with the three R's, Rivers, Roethlisberger, and Romo in the 2nd tier. Manning has slid an unholy amount. Brees is probably at least one tier back now. Romo has a big ole question mark. Roethlisberger, IMO, has moved into the first tier. Palmer has as well. Your top tier QBs are Brady, Rodgers, Roethlisberger, Palmer.

True....but if he gets canned, prepare for another Pettine-like coach.

Who is going to come here? The "hot" coordinators like Gase & McDaniels turned us down before.

Pettine isn't great by any means, but the Browns still go after it. I haven't seen a mail-in job yet, that's a credit to the coach IMHO.

Yeah, let's let all the other teams go after this year's versions of Zimmer, Arians, Payton, Del Rio, Reid because forfeiting football games by allowing over 30 points in all of our last 6 losses is wonderful. Great point.

Ohio State fans used to want John Cooper gone when he lost 1-2 games every year - we're 3-16 in our last 19 games and we gotta stick with Pettine. What did sticking with a nice guy like Romeo longer than we should have got us?

Today, I feel like I'm reading people describing a youth football team, not to be confused with PRO football team. They tried hard.I'll even had they displayed wonderful sportsmanship.

Maybe if Gruden covered ALL of our games - we'd get more people to question the type of tackling and pathetic defense we're watching. And NO I don't want Gruden, Cowher or any other guys that are happily retired. I'm just saying we can watch history repeat itself every week and it's not until Gruden covers our game that it gets to "hey, we might want to do something about this." Ya think?

Gruden? Yeah, all it would take is a few more "Ya gotta make that tackle, Mike,' or "Ya gotta make that block, Mike," comments to convince us Pop Warner fans.

Going into this year, it seemed Brady, Rogers, Manning, and Brees had the top tier locked up with the three R's, Rivers, Roethlisberger, and Romo in the 2nd tier. Manning has slid an unholy amount. Brees is probably at least one tier back now. Romo has a big ole question mark. Roethlisberger, IMO, has moved into the first tier. Palmer has as well. Your top tier QBs are Brady, Rodgers, Roethlisberger, Palmer.

Big Ben has been there all along...

Brees may well still be there, but his supporting cast has evaporated.

Torn on Palmer... talent is there, but it is also all around him... need a little more time at his high level.

We can debate Romo's tier some other time... ;)

TDs were 26 to 15 in favor of Wilson going into today, c'mon Mik these are even close.

hey. you were right. i just looked at the numbers. i was way off.

i'm not someone who sits around and looks at stats. i know what i like and i don't like midget QBs, sorry.

I honestly can't believe some people on this board. I'm all for some good debate put people say stuff that is literally baffling. Yeah, a guy who is the future of the league and has been to two super bowls is less sought after than a career game manager. That totally adds up.

HA!! you're a bitch. go fuck yourself.

Gruden? Yeah, all it would take is a few more "Ya gotta make that tackle, Mike,' or "Ya gotta make that block, Mike," comments to convince us Pop Warner fans.

Big Ben has been there all along...

Brees may well still be there, but his supporting cast has evaporated.

Torn on Palmer... talent is there, but it is also all around him... need a little more time at his high level.

We can debate Romo's tier some other time... ;)

What supporting cast is gone re: Brees? Obviously Graham is gone but they've added receivers and backs. I won't claim to know the status of his line.

I never really saw Ben in the conversation with those other 4 until this year, but I'm wholly willing to acknowledge the possibility I haven't paid enough attention.

What supporting cast is gone re: Brees? Obviously Graham is gone but they've added receivers and backs. I won't claim to know the status of his line.

Start with no D as displayed last night. O-line is a patchwork at present. Add the 27th ranked rushing attack... and Ingram had a likely 1000-yd year before going on IR.

WR corps did add Cooks in 2014 to Colston, but Sneed is their #3... nice little player, but... Kenny Stills was their top WR last season, but was traded to the Fins for Dannell Ellerbe (LB) and a 3rd.

Still... Brees heads the #1 Passing Offense in the league, but playing from behind early and a lot does tend to pad the passing stats.

This conversation has spiraled into a subjective point that is absolutely not the point of the whole thing. Pettine no matter his opinion cannot say something like that to the media. It's really, really not hard to deflect a question like that. All he had to say was "Oh I don't get into talking about that type of thing but Wilson has been playing great football and we have to be ready to play". I just made that up in 5 seconds but Pettine apparently can't.

If Pettine does stick around the dude has to be better about that stuff. NFL players thrive on comments like that no matter what the intent (or what you may think).

Yeah....as much as I hate Ben and the Stools, I definitely have him as one of my 3 elites.....Brady and Rodgers too.....

Thats all I have.....3 elites.....

That's my top 3 too. I know this is hindsight 20/20 but we could have drafted all 3 and maybe traded back and added a pick for 1 or 2 of them. I don't know how QB friendly our setup in comparison to the teams that got them. The only one that started as a rookie was Ben Rapen.

I'd put Wilson in the 2nd tier with Brees, Palmer, and Newton. Luck can go either way but Indy doesn't look like a safe place to play QB right now.

It feels kind of weird to not put Peyton Manning in either of those tiers right now.

Archived