THE BROWNS BOARD

RELIGION OF PEACE UPDATE: Saudi Arabia set to execute 52 prisoners including juveniles

StinkHole

I don't think the burden of proof is related to the severity of the punishment,

Of course it's part of it, especially in a paternalistic society like Saudi. Can't be going around executing perfectly good men just cause some hoore said so. lols. It's not like here where rape itself is almost considered a misdemeanor unless it was accompanied by some other act of brutality. If there's a video tape of you raping a muslim woman in Saudi, where you're clearly raping her.........you're gone. Rape a non muslim woman not so much.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Unfortunately here in the US, I'm not sure about the rest of the civilized world, it's a relatively easy charge to throw at someone with very little repercussion or relief for the accused.

WSS

I agree. I would make it a felony to falsely accuse a man of rape. Isn't it a felony to falsely accuse people of other shit? Obviously there's some grey area here but if you can definitely prove that a woman deliberately and with malice falsely accused a man of a rape, that has to be a crime.

lotta mooslim countries on that "lowest" list. My only guess for that has to be if you're too poor to pay the victims family, some really heinous shit might be coming your way.

Many of those nations there are repercussions against women who report rape.Rapes in those countries go grossly unreported. Ohio has thousands of unprocessed rape kits. You think rape investigations are more thorough in Yemen ?

Rapes in those countries go grossly unreported.

As do they in this country ;)

Not punishing the victim is one thing, but the personal shame, publicity and other stuff makes it hard to get them to come forward even if there are no repercussions.

Islamic countries need some damn hard evidence or else they'll ignore a woman - maybe stone her and call her an adulterer.

Archived