THE BROWNS BOARD

The browns are the most attractive place for a HC 2016

CaineDeSoulis

Pettine and Farmer were both set up to fail. Haslam interfered with the draft, hired Pettine before promoting Farmer, the two didn't get along and now they're victims of the "black hole" vortex Haslam created in the first place.

Maybe this lawyer, Sashi Brown, can be the balance between Haslam and Coaches. I'm getting the sense that Haslam needs a fall guy while he meddles ala Jerry Jones.

This owner needs to stay the hell away and let football men do their jobs! I have a feeling the whole "text-gate" and Kyle Shanahan exit was a direct result of Haslam somehow. Haslam is his own worst enemy. He puts up this huge facade of listening to the "experts" then goes and drafts Manziel anyway. To think all this time I hated Farmer for this. But Farmer and Pettine are not totally blameless. All Farmer had to do was take charge, pull the trigger on Derek Carr and say screw you Haslam. That's what GMs are hired to do. I find it amazing that Farmer and Pettine attended no Pro days or combines. That tells me they already knew who Haslam wanted.

Bottom Line; The next head coach must be prepared to deal with Haslam. Bill Parcells wouldn't have taken the word of a "homeless guy"

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

why would any potential coach see Jimmy's quick-firing tendencies as a bad thing? sign a 5 year contract, work two years, get paid for five years of work. If someone isn't enticed by the prospect of three years free salary, then maybe they don't have the brain power to be a head coach to begin with.

So....all you dipshits that say you know better than Haslam or that you KNOW that the way he has decided to organize is doomed to failure....Shut the fuck up.

You know nothing John Snow.

wow, you ARE a dick.

how many trivia threads will this garner you?

I don't buy that whatever experience you have in the business world can in any way be related to running a professional football team....unless you run an NBA/MLB/NHL team.

Even if you were the AD at a major university it would not be the same.

So....all you dipshits that say you know better than Haslam or that you KNOW that the way he has decided to organize is doomed to failure....Shut the fuck up.

You know nothing John Snow.

Fucking A Gip. I rarely agree with you, but you hit the nail on the head brother.

Fucking A Gip. I rarely agree with you, but you hit the nail on the head brother.

Uh oh Gip, you know you done screwed up when this guy ^ likes your post.

Keep in mind there are only 32 of these jobs in the world. All six vacancies have positives and negatives. San Francisco and New York will be more attractive for several reasons. One of which is decades of winning verses decades of losing. But anyone taking those jobs will have more pressure to win right away. The Giants are the most attractive from a player personnel perspective. They have their franchise quarterback and most of their roster already in place. The same can be said for Miami, Philly, and Tennessee.

The Browns are a mess but there are positives galore!

1) Pick 2 and pick 32 are essentially another year with two picks in the first round. Thank You Tom Brady!

2) the Head Coach gets to chose his quarterback

3) Winning 6 games would be a YUGE improvement

Depending on how you look at it, there are many positives for the right guy. It's a challenge but certainly do-able.

Keep in mind there are only 32 of these jobs in the world. All six vacancies have positives and negatives. San Francisco and New York will be more attractive for several reasons. One of which is decades of winning verses decades of losing. But anyone taking those jobs will have more pressure to win right away. The Giants are the most attractive from a player personnel perspective. They have their franchise quarterback and most of their roster already in place. The same can be said for Miami, Philly, and Tennessee.

The Browns are a mess but there are positives galore!

1) Pick 2 and pick 32 are essentially another year with two picks in the first round. Thank You Tom Brady!

good luck with that.

2) the Head Coach gets to chose his quarterback

not in pettine's case, so why do you think someone new will get that opportunity?

3) Winning 6 games would be a YUGE (chinese much?) improvement

well pettine won 7 in his first year. this year was a harder schedule. next year will be softer. so if the new guy wins 7 next year and only wins 3 the next, fire him too?

Depending on how you look at it, there are many positives for the right guy. It's a challenge but certainly do-able.

let me bookmark this as i know you'll say the same bullshit in a year (2 if the guy is decent).

so basically the only positives are the new staff has 2 first round picks? lol.

Very Narrow minded? Moi?

In an org that is as flat as the Browns org is... where else is there to look? Make no mistake the two top players are in place.

I gave Jimmah every benefit of the doubt when he reorganized, hire plausible people and reinforced their roles in the retreat. I believed that a business as successful as he is had enough knowledge of organizational dynamics for his chosen organization to function...

... but he did not put in the work to ensure that it did.

And now, as I see it, he has tinkered with the organization just enough to set it, and Sashimi, up to fail.

I hope I am wrong... but 30 years of business experience with the last third in a related, very applicable field, don't say that I am...

What's your field?

wow, you ARE a dick.

how many trivia threads will this garner you?

No.....the Dicks are the ones who predict doom and gloom just because the way that the Browns are structuring. If all of you are so goddamned prescient, why are you here and not in Fiji on a beach after you have won multiple lotteries.

Also....as I have pointed out elsewhere.....the Browns are simply following the Patriots model

So, now....tell me why that model is doomed to failure here.....because it sure seems like its working there.

If you say: Tom Brady....I will say fine......all systems, including this one are dependent on a quality QB.

What's your field?

Process Improvement/ Organizational Development...

Was going to send detail, but your PM is not set up.

No.....the Dicks are the ones who predict doom and gloom just because the way that the Browns are structuring. If all of you are so goddamned prescient, why are you here and not in Fiji on a beach after you have won multiple lotteries.

Because all my knowledge of organizations and how they work are not applicable to picking the Powerball?

What is the largest Organization you have ever Managed, Gip? Largest you've ever worked in?

Process Improvement/ Organizational Development...

Was going to send detail, but your PM is not set up.

Because all my knowledge of organizations and how they work are not applicable to picking the Powerball?

But, you claimed to know the future because of your knowledge. Ergo...you are admitting your knowledge is limited....and not applicable beyond what you have actually done.

What is the largest Organization you have ever Managed, Gip? Largest you've ever worked in?

Trivia time? I was the President of the Board of Trustees for several years of a Public Service legal firm.

You think football players and whatever you do are difficult to manage? Try managing lawyers (Union organized lawyers no less)

HA!....I can imagine.....I once owed a union organized company(4 unions to boot).....my worst decision ever and the longest 6 years of my life...... :wacko:

Why? Because you had to treat a pay your workers properly....and not treat them like slaves?

eyes_people_faces_face_person_cartoon_ba

Point is, we were able to make things work even with union lawyers.

So, shit like that can be done....and the guys running the Browns can handle it.

Why? Because you had to treat a pay your workers properly....and not treat them like slaves?

eyes_people_faces_face_person_cartoon_ba

Point is, we were able to make things work even with union lawyers.

So, shit like that can be done....and the guys running the Browns can handle it.

Never said they couldnt handle it......where do you see that?

But, you claimed to know the future because of your knowledge. Ergo...you are admitting your knowledge is limited....and not applicable beyond what you have actually done.

Trivia time? I was the President of the Board of Trustees for several years of a Public Service legal firm.

You think football players and whatever you do are difficult to manage? Try managing lawyers (Union organized lawyers no less)

Ergo? That is as twisted logic as you have ever posted. Spotting a dysfunctional Org Chart in the present has zero in common with predicting random numbers in the future.

Out of curiosity though... How much day-today contact does a Board President have with the group of lawyers employed by the legal firm?

Ergo? That is as twisted logic as you have ever posted. Spotting a dysfunctional Org Chart in the present has zero in common with predicting random numbers in the future.

Out of curiosity though... How much day-today contact does a Board President have with the group of lawyers employed by the legal firm?

Not much.

Point is: Whatever work experience you have is no basis for All y'all to criticize the manner in which the Browns are to be structured....or to claim for goddamn certainty that what they are doing will not work.

Not much.

Point is: Whatever work experience you have is no basis for All y'all to criticize the manner in which the Browns are to be structured....or to claim for goddamn certainty that what they are doing will not work.

lol... whatever, Gip...

lol... whatever, Gip...

Obviously you can bring questions up and debate the whole concept of what they are doing but for anyone to repeat the mantra:

This won't work. I know it

This won't work. I know it.

This won't work. I know it.

They are just being an asshat.

I repeat:

I repeat:

Archived