THE BROWNS BOARD

Deep Thoughts (in the film room) with Jack Handy.

tiamat63

Tour may remember (vaguely) a post of mine from a little while ago making mention I had an 'idea' of sorts. Well, this thread is dedicated to that idea and its execution.

While between now and the draft itself, are certain to be hundreds of threads on any given player, their film study and background, I wanted to take a chance for live interaction among TBB community.

Here is what I am proposing.

Using a medium such as Go to Office or Skype, where the call leader (most likely myself) will share their computer/TV screen and in a 'round table' type discussion of sorts, we will break down film on pre-determined players to anyone who would participate in the call. I don't believe it necessary to require a camera as we'll only be on a group voice call with one of us sharing our screen. Unless some of you sickos were looking for a show? :blink:

But in all seriousness, I believe this would be a great chance to get to establish a vantage point from other individuals on this board whom we may have disagreements about their scoutings on draftable players. Perhaps give us some insight as to what they see and what they are looking for. While sharing our collective knowledge and passion then perhaps furthering our understanding of the game itself.

Granted it might be difficult to get people on the same page in a matter of scheduling. But I feel if we targeted a specific time on a weekend I think we could get some great involvement.

... or some magnificent trollings. Either way, I'd like to give this a shot.

What say you?

I'd give It a try, as long as it's about the Browns, and not people's political, religious or personal agendas

We should probably include the Browns front office (whoever that will be) in these calls as well.

Sure thing, I'll just call up Jimmy (That's how you know I'm tight with the guy, first name basis) and be like 'Jimbo Slice, I've got some boys that want to watch some film, give you some pointers, be on skype around 11am Sunday'. And he'll be all like 'Alright, Rock, I got you on this'.

And then our 1st round pick wont suck. It'll be glorious.

Sure thing, I'll just call up Jimmy (That's how you know I'm tight with the guy, first name basis) and be like 'Jimbo Slice, I've got some boys that want to watch some film, give you some pointers, be on skype around 11am Sunday'. And he'll be all like 'Alright, Rock, I got you on this'.

And then our 1st round pick wont suck. It'll be glorious.

If he took advice from a homeless man than he'll probably listen to you

I've used a couple of his bathrooms a couple times...

I trust the facilities are lavish.

Time difference will probably exclude me but if you can get a recording I'd be interested.

Depends, I'm East Coast. How far ahead are you? 4 hours? I should be able to record.

Right now I'm looking at the Saturday inbetween the conference championship games and the Super Bowl.

Thinking about the 3/4 O'clock hour.

I trust the facilities are lavish.

Depends, I'm East Coast. How far ahead are you? 4 hours? I should be able to record.

Right now I'm looking at the Saturday inbetween the conference championship games and the Super Bowl.

Thinking about the 3/4 O'clock hour.

I'm five hours ahead. And that weekend I have friends visiting, so probably not going to work anyway. If you could record it though I'd be interested.

• 3 weeks later...

Now that the end of the season is in plain sight, I'm looking at more concrete dates.

What would be the interest in February 20th? It's a Saturday. Say around ... 4pm.

If it were the weekend after I may be able to attend. Possibly.

I'm very interested in a recording too as I have a lot to learn about the game. Like Chris I'm 5 hours ahead. Would be happy to listen in, but meaningful contributions would be at a minimum- probably lots of questions if you could put up with that?

Archived