THE BROWNS BOARD

Texans

Westside Steve

... but how do you really feel, Flugs? ;)

But would you do it by acting even more like the person the bar that "hates you" thinks you are?

Well if you think about it there is some twisted logic to be found in that. Bar #1 does not like me for what they think I am. I really hate working for someone who hates me for this anyway. So maybe if I up the anti by doing the thing they hate the most, they will release me from this contract so I can go where they like me regardless. Browns made it clear in public that they didn't care for JM unlike other franchises who made it clear to their QB draft choices that they did want them (at least in public). I mean why would you say in public that ,"you are not the starter here"? Sure maybe behind closed doors you tell a person what they need to do to become the starter and promise all the support they need to make the conversion from college to pros. I felt that Pettine got off on the wrong foot from the beginning with JM.

Don't get me wrong. I don't really buy into the theory that JM from the beginning was trying to get traded. Everything he did in practice and on the field told me he was really trying to make the conversion in 2015 when he realized in the Cinn. game of 2014 that his way was a disaster. But still why would you want to plant resentment in your QB by being so public about what should have stayed in the locker room?

... but how do you really feel, Flugs? ;)

But would you do it by acting even more like the person the bar that "hates you" thinks you are?

And again with the money sign?

Me? Today? I'm not sure. But I guarantee that if I'd been the number one guy my whole life before I came there and felt i was being disrespected by being stuck as the opening act to a couple guys I felt were inferior, who knows?

And whether or not he's immature, & I agree with that, that bar down the street would like me to start.

Instead of looking forward to riding the pine for two more years except for emergencies.

But if you have time to waste do a search on the Browns board for the words money sign. A truly meaningless complaint which got a lot of air around these parts.

WSS

So putting aside everyone's feelings as homers, haters, enablers, fanboys or whatever, if the goal is to trade Johnny how about the Houston Texans?

I don't dislike Brian Hoyer but the poor bastard had a terrible day today. Much worse than the Browns vs Kansas City.

Unless the Houston fans are as easily offended as Cleveland fans, this should be a beneficial trade.

WSS

My sense, Steve, is the Texans will go QB hunting in the Draft. Otherwise in the Veteran and / or FA derby.

Honestly, I don't see Houston (or anybody else) giving up more than a 6-pack of Blatz for JFF.

Houston is coming on strong and taking a chance on Manziel would be foolhardy, IMHO.

O'Brien is a no-nonsense guy.

My sense, Steve, is the Texans will go QB hunting in the Draft. Otherwise in the Veteran and / or FA derby.

Honestly, I don't see Houston (or anybody else) giving up more than a 6-pack of Blatz for JFF.

Houston is coming on strong and taking a chance on Manziel would be foolhardy, IMHO.

O'Brien is a no-nonsense guy.

Doesn't look like it's served him very well so far but...

Not to mention that if Hackenberg is the answer why waste your resources on Goff?

WSS

Because they would have to pull an RGIII + deal to move up enough to take him. As was said- they'll probably sit pat and take Hackenberg.

What I worry about in the draft is some qb needy team that DOES have enough ammo to jump the Browns will move up to #1. (the only teams that realistically can are the Cowboys @ #4, and the 49ers @ #7.)

I would take the Cowboys out of that list, they might take a QB at #4 if they really like one, but with the few years left of Romo they are in no position to give away draft picks.

The 49ers definitely have the ammunition - 2 4th rounders, 3 5th rounders and possibly 4 6th rounders...

Doesn't look like it's served him very well so far but...

Not to mention that if Hackenberg is the answer why waste your resources on Goff?

WSS

Good points. Who was the genius with the Tom Savage idea down there before they had to look to Ryan Mallett and Brian Hoyer and Case Keenum and Yates?

I've only seen Hackenberg a couple times; but he looked about as slow at processing what was in front of him as Brady Quinn did. If the NFL has a Evelyn Woodhead Speed reading class/clinic for QBs this kid needs it or he's going to need a lot more than back brace to hold him together, Can you believe there's a sale on duck tape ad next to me while I'm typing this jibberish about what's going to hold an ackey-breaky Hackenberg together?

But Hackensack is big and has a strong arm, Flugs... ;)

Ag... I've diassembled the "not our starter" thing a few times already... not inclined to do it again.

Steve... just was throwing back what you threw at me a couple days ago.

I'm so fucking tired of debating Manziel. Just want him gone so we can move on...

Hoyer is not a franchise qb. with that being said John Manziel could not carry Hoyers jockstrap. Basically sums up this thread. I'm pretty sure Texans want to upgrade that position why would they trade anything for our garbage draft pick qb.

I would take the Cowboys out of that list, they might take a QB at #4 if they really like one, but with the few years left of Romo they are in no position to give away draft picks.

The 49ers definitely have the ammunition - 2 4th rounders, 3 5th rounders and possibly 4 6th rounders...

good point. 49ers 1st, 2nd, 4th, and a second next year might do it.

I would go after a QB every freaking draft until we hit pay dirt. Nothing else will work.

... and once we hit paydirt every other to every third year... just not on Day One.

Because one is going to cost you three first round picks, while Manziel could be had for almost nothing?

O'Brien is going to draft Hackenberg anyways...

Good point.....Was Hackenberg an O'Brien recruit? Or was that Joe Paterno? Either way, O'Brien coached him at Penn St. And Hack did better under O'Brien.

Because they would have to pull an RGIII + deal to move up enough to take him. As was said- they'll probably sit pat and take Hackenberg.

Texas maybe able to get RGIII himself.....and maybe should do so.

What I worry about in the draft is some qb needy team that DOES have enough ammo to jump the Browns will move up to #1. (the only teams that realistically can are the Cowboys @ #4, and the 49ers @ #7.)

Let them.....none of these QBs are #1 quality. Let someone trade for Goff/Lynch....and the Browns get Bosa.

That is what the analytics would say, No? ;)

Archived