THE BROWNS BOARD

Hue Trageting Ray Horton For Dc Lol!

ITHIKA

Honestly Hue Jackson is losing alot if credibility with me by going after horton who is probably getting fired for the 3rd time in 5 years from the titans. Consistent terrible redzone defense and 3rd down defense. Falls apart in the 4th. I swear if this is another "I got you blood" like it was with farmer and bowe we are in for a very long couple of seasons. While this fuckin guy gets to make bank and get all his buddies rich on the browns backs. Can we hire a fucking professional for once? Team needs over personal needs for once... god damn...

Well, I do remember that we did not have a lot of blow outs and usually lost our games in the 4th quarter with Horton (which I put much of the blame on our offense for practically killing our defense with possession time (of course the other team is going to score if they are on the field for 3 or the 4 quarters of time). I am not sure I like the Horton idea but I think it is a better choice than our choice to keep Tabor as our ST coordinator. Then again, that is why I am not a HC and Hue is. Guess we will see in the end.

Well, I do remember that we did not have a lot of blow outs and usually lost our games in the 4th quarter with Horton (which I put much of the blame on our offense for practically killing our defense with possession time (of course the other team is going to score if they are on the field for 3 or the 4 quarters of time). I am not sure I like the Horton idea but I think it is a better choice than our choice to keep Tabor as our ST coordinator. Then again, that is why I am not a HC and Hue is. Guess we will see in the end.

And then he had the exact same thing happen with the titans for 2 years? So 4 years worth of of the same poop and you eant more of it?

If Horton is the guy, count me in as someone who thinks recycling this retread is sad and pathetic. Ray Horton defenses look confused and pathetic. I remember us being down 4 scores against that crappy titans team and thinking "you know, we probably have a chance because of Horton" and sure enough their defense folded and we did. Even though are ypg wasnt terrible when he was here with chud some of the time, that overrates the actual effectiveness of our defense.

The characteristic of a ray horton defense is giving up big chunk plays through the air over the middle, and allowing lots of open quick slants and such. He isn't a defensive mind who 'gets it' when it comes to 2016 in the nfl.

And as an aside, all the circle jerking for hue around here so far is a bit lame. I don't have any idea if he will be good or not. It's good to see pettine gone and I find it hard to believe he wont be an upgrade on him, but we'll see. I would have rather had Gase who i think has the potential to be a real gamechanger on offense in terms of an offensive mind and I would have rather had Kelly too because he has proven he can win....two back to back 10-6 seasons without a loaded roster after inheriting a 4-12 team. He is 26-21 in 3 years. Ill take 26-21 over the next 3 years.......

It doesn't matter to me that he coached in Cleveland before.

Actually it's a plus in my book if he wants to come back.

He's not bad. Probably learned a few things since his last stint.

But I would still love to hear Schwartz's name surface.

Z

It doesn't matter to me that he coached in Cleveland before.

Actually it's a plus in my book if he wants to come back.

He's not bad. Probably learned a few things since his last stint.

But I would still love to hear Schwartz's name surface.

Z

Last I heard - his brother just hired him this week.

Lovie Smith might not be a bad guy to interview.

And if we're going to give old coaches here another shot - Mangini might not be a bad DC or defensive position coach to at least interview. Some guys do way better with being responsible for just 1 phase than all 3. I also remember the year when BB had Mangini train a WR (Troy Brown?) to play defensive back for an injury depleted secondary in the playoffs. It ended up working pretty well if memory serves me right here. Not a bad reflection of his ability to coach a specific phase or position.

... I would have rather had Kelly too because he has proven he can win....two back to back 10-6 seasons without a loaded roster after inheriting a 4-12 team. He is 26-21 in 3 years. Ill take 26-21 over the next 3 years.......

Odd that you'd settle for 26-21 over three years given your view of how easy it is to turn a franchise around in two...

Archived