THE BROWNS BOARD

Panthers Vs. Seahawks/ Broncos Vs. Steelers

Mark O

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know you weren't. It is a really lame rule.

My thing is I would get that rule if you caught the ball in the endzone, muffed it and then recovered. But how there can be a rule that you can muff it and gain yards is just really confusing to me. I don't understand in the slightest why that's on the books but hopefully it comes up.

In any case, next week is going to be a sad sad end to Mannings career. That's going to be a house beating next week.

The only hope I have is that Denver's defense will play better next week. I think they underestimated Ben and it showed, but it's hard not to agree as of this second.

And Ben did fumble into a TD at the end, and the onside kick was touched before 10 yards - but neither mattered.

Yes, but the Stooler faithful will tell you that the refs never rule in their favor.

I will say one thing... The Steeler D did improve through the season. They really played well down the stretch. If they had a running threat they have been tougher to beat... if they had all their starters they'd be damn near unbeatable.

Can't see AZ beating CAR...

Can't see DVR beating NE...

Going to be a helluva SB 50...

I don't see how Ben was down there either

Agree... looked like a lateral. Turn him around and it's very likely called an incomplete pass.

If New England doesn't win I hope it's the Panthers that do. To be frank I'm just glad to be rid of the seahawks and steelers. Those were two teams I absolutely couldn't stomach winning again. Both have absolutely insufferable fanbases and I take no pity on the Ohioans that frontrun for the Steelers.

If New England doesn't win I hope it's the Panthers that do. To be frank I'm just glad to be rid of the seahawks and steelers. Those were two teams I absolutely couldn't stomach winning again. Both have absolutely insufferable fanbases and I take no pity on the Ohioans that frontrun for the Steelers.

I'm hoping for Denver first...I'd like to see Peyton get one more. Carolina after that....I guess would be 3rd choice. New England just won last year so I'd like to see someone new.

Totally agree on Seattle and Pisspuke though.

I think that Brady, as much as people hate him, has a much more legitimate claim to being the GOAT than manning does. He has a more legitimate claim, I think, than Joe Montana. I'd like to see him win that fifth super bowl to really cement his legacy. We don't have to worry about having our asses kicked by the patriots twice a season so I don't have any real hate for them.

Manning is a nice guy. He seems likable. He's got some nice stats. In crunch time I would take Brady 100% of the time no questions asked.

Agree with both posts... I have no hate for the Patriots or Brady. I just would like to see someone else win and would like to see Manning get one more and then he can ride off into the sunset. I don't think they have a chance in hell of winning against New England next week though.

Agree with both posts... I have no hate for the Patriots or Brady. I just would like to see someone else win and would like to see Manning get one more and then he can ride off into the sunset. I don't think they have a chance in hell of winning against New England next week though.

Honestly, the way I've seen with those dudes is this. Manning from a pure skills perspective in a better QB. With that being said, there's no other QB I've ever watched with the will to win like Brady. That elevates him in crunch time like few other QB's in history.

Yikes. Glad to be wrong about my prediction for this one. I can't see Denver defeating New England and I'm a bit less sure about the NFC. That could go either way in my opinion.

I hope New England Wins the SB.

Me too. Thank You Broncos for knocking out those cocksuckers and hopefully the Carolina Panthers get their asses handed to them. I'm just finding it impossible to give a fuck about Arizona.

WSS

I think that Brady, as much as people hate him, has a much more legitimate claim to being the GOAT than manning does. He has a more legitimate claim, I think, than Joe Montana. I'd like to see him win that fifth super bowl to really cement his legacy. We don't have to worry about having our asses kicked by the patriots twice a season so I don't have any real hate for them.

Well, you can watch Brady kick the Browns asses in Cleveland next year- I already checked the schedule.

As much as I don't like the guy, he's definitely in the discussion as GOAT.

Anybody BUT Brady. A guy that has no idea his equipment is altered for grip than tells the league that he will prove it on the field on Sunday's. F Brady!! A SB for Manning will close the books on his playing career than get started on his so- called path to Haslem. (LOL I don't see it) C. Palmer wins a SB. What Browns fan would not love to throw this in the Bengals Face as Carson did. But when you live in Carolina & at camp you see Cam Newton's Truck 3 ft. from flipping over a bridge. Life does pass though your eyes & Cam's statement was "You get 1 chance at life & the big fella told me to get better as a person everyday." Believe Cam Newton has been a better leader with smiling Gods children in End zone & will finish this storybook ending. Than O' yea the happy Life is always better with a Happy Wife.. Go Panthers!!

I admire Brady. He's a steely eyed stone cold Killer. He'll never let anyone win. You'll never see him laughing it up on the sidelines when he's down. Winning hasn't made him complacent. He still acts like he's got something to prove. I like cam newton I really do. He's a great qb. He entertains us with the superman thing. He does his gestures and has a winning smIle and the crowd eats it up. Brady would never do that. You score on his team and it eats at him like acid. He sits there with his head down and you just know in his mind he's just destroying you. And then he goes out there and does it. He scores on you? Same thing. Stone cold.

He knew about the balls. Of course he did. 1st thing...who cares? If anyone in here thinks that a few psi off the balls is responsible for 15 years of utter dominance you're deluded. Not at all. 2nd he applied that same mentality that he uses to destroy other teams and he destroyed king Roger. I admire that too. You just can't beat this guy. You can't take him down. He's the terminator. I never got to see Automatic Otto play, and I can vaguely rember joe montana, but I do get to see Brady and so when he's not playing my team, the Cleveland Browns, I can sit back and just enjoy watching him do what he does. Win like no one in the league.

I admire Brady. He's a steely eyed stone cold Killer. He'll never let anyone win. You'll never see him laughing it up on the sidelines when he's down. Winning hasn't made him complacent. He still acts like he's got something to prove. I like cam newton I really do. He's a great qb. He entertains us with the superman thing. He does his gestures and has a winning smIle and the crowd eats it up. Brady would never do that. You score on his team and it eats at him like acid. He sits there with his head down and you just know in his mind he's just destroying you. And then he goes out there and does it. He scores on you? Same thing. Stone cold.

He knew about the balls. Of course he did. 1st thing...who cares? If anyone in here thinks that a few psi off the balls is responsible for 15 years of utter dominance you're deluded. Not at all. 2nd he applied that same mentality that he uses to destroy other teams and he destroyed king Roger. I admire that too. You just can't beat this guy. You can't take him down. He's the terminator. I never got to see Automatic Otto play, and I can vaguely rember joe montana, but I do get to see Brady and so when he's not playing my team, the Cleveland Browns, I can sit back and just enjoy watching him do what he does. Win like no one in the league.

About the only thing I can add is that I watched Montana play numerous times. He was machine like too. Methodical and heartless can describe both. The biggest difference I see is that TB has done it with a larger number of different players. JM had a more consistant roster to work witth.

Here is my dilemma:

I would root for Carolina or Arizona over either Denver or New England.

So....to me....whomever win the NFC, I come out a winner. Whomever wins the AFC, I come out a loser.

What do I expect to happen? I expect Tom Brady.....fittingly....to send Peyton off to retirement.

I expect Carolina to win......though actually I think I would prefer Arizona.

Here, I go with WSS's theory: the longstanding team that has been around over the younger "expansion" franchise is favored.

The Cardinals are one of only two original 1920 NFL teams still in existence. (the other: Bears...Packers came in in 1921, Giants in 1925). Panthers have only been around since 1995. Hell, even if you just count the Cards from the time they have been in Arizona....since 1988.....that version of them has been around longer than the Panthers.

All told, the Cardinals have not won a title since 1947 (in Chicago). In all of American professional sports....only the Cubs have gone longer without winning a title. (the Indians one year behind with 1948).

Archived