THE BROWNS BOARD

Raji BUSTED

Booker

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft09/news/story?id=4037535

NEW YORK -- Former Boston College lineman B.J. Raji, who is considered the top defensive tackle eligible for this month's NFL draft, reportedly failed a drug test at the NFL combine.

The report, which did not identify the drug, was published on SI.com and attributed to unidentified NFL team sources. The Web site reported that Raji's name will be on a list of players who tested positive.

Raji, rated fourth on Todd McShay's projected list and No. 5 on Mel Kiper's most recent Big Board on ESPN.com, missed the 2007 college season with academic problems.

SI.com reported that NFL scouts had been told that Raji also tested positive for marijuana during his time at BC.

NEW YORK -- Former Boston College lineman B.J. Raji, who is considered the top defensive tackle eligible for this month's NFL draft, reportedly failed a drug test at the NFL combine.

The report, which did not identify the drug, was published on SI.com and attributed to unidentified NFL team sources. The Web site reported that Raji's name will be on a list of players who tested positive.

Raji, rated fourth on Todd McShay's projected list and No. 5 on Mel Kiper's most recent Big Board on ESPN.com, missed the 2007 college season with academic problems.

SI.com reported that NFL scouts had been told that Raji also tested positive for marijuana during his time at BC.

So much for KC liking him over Curry.

So how far does he fall?

And at what round would you consider drafting him in?

I am thinking 2nd with a contract that protects us some if he messes up again with pot.

If this whole story doesn't say Cincy, I don't know what does....I would say maybe Jerry Jones makes a push for him, but 1)he ain't making it to the 50-something pick and 2)unless a team is willing to take the Cowboys 2012 first rounder, they are already "draft mortgaged" for the next couple of years.

Rumor does have it that Ricky is pushing hard for the 'Phins to draft Raji....apparently Raj has some real sticky ickyicky....oooowwweeeee!

Dude, wait until you get your bonus to snort a line, Stallworth did.

Why should this guy even be considered IMO. First, he can't work hard at school, and most important, the guy is failing drug tests. The NFL should have rules. You fail a drug test before even being drafted, sorry bud, try the CFL for a few years before you even attempt the NFL. The NFL and owners need to protect the themselves and the fans from these idiots who don't know how to act and live within in the laws of the land. Why should ticket buyers pay for idiots to be a possible cancer to their team and the league.

NFL Issues A Statement On Drug Rumors

Posted by Aaron Wilson on April 3, 2009, 7:36 p.m.

Responding to the NFLDraftBible.com report that claims several NFL draft prospects tested positive for marijuana or steroids at the NFL Scouting Combine, the NFL has issued a statment emphasizing that none of the 32 teams or the league office have been informed of the drug test results yet.

Here is the unabridged statement from the league office:

“Neither the 32 clubs nor the league office know the results of drug or steroid tests taken at the 2009 Combine. The independent medical advisors who administer the tests have notified in writing those players and only those players who

tested positive at the Combine. Unfortunately, rumors about draft eligible players, including rumors about test results, begin to circulate every year at this time. Many of these rumors are circulated for self-serving reasons and they

are terribly unfair to the players and their families.”

NFLDraftBible.com, a web site unaffiliated with the league, reported that USC linebackers Clay Matthews and Brian Cushing tested positive for steroids and that Boston College defensive tackle B.J. Raji, Illinois cornerback Vontae Davis, University of Florida wide receiver Percy Harvin and UTEP kicker Jose Martinez tested positive for marijuana.

USC coach Pete Carroll denied the report, as did the agents for Davis and Matthews in separate statements released to us today.

NFL Issues A Statement On Drug Rumors

Posted by Aaron Wilson on April 3, 2009, 7:36 p.m.

Responding to the NFLDraftBible.com report that claims several NFL draft prospects tested positive for marijuana or steroids at the NFL Scouting Combine, the NFL has issued a statment emphasizing that none of the 32 teams or the league office have been informed of the drug test results yet.

Here is the unabridged statement from the league office:

“Neither the 32 clubs nor the league office know the results of drug or steroid tests taken at the 2009 Combine. The independent medical advisors who administer the tests have notified in writing those players and only those players who

tested positive at the Combine. Unfortunately, rumors about draft eligible players, including rumors about test results, begin to circulate every year at this time. Many of these rumors are circulated for self-serving reasons and they

are terribly unfair to the players and their families.”

NFLDraftBible.com, a web site unaffiliated with the league, reported that USC linebackers Clay Matthews and Brian Cushing tested positive for steroids and that Boston College defensive tackle B.J. Raji, Illinois cornerback Vontae Davis, University of Florida wide receiver Percy Harvin and UTEP kicker Jose Martinez tested positive for marijuana.

USC coach Pete Carroll denied the report, as did the agents for Davis and Matthews in separate statements released to us today.

Thanks for clearing this up, to bad the damage has allready been done. About 80% of the people are beleiving these bullshit lies. I hope that the players mentioned sue them for Defamation of Character.

Anymore, I don't believe a freaking thing I read. Seriously, this "Does Mancock like Quinn or not?" crap is driving me nuts along with all the supposition out there and guys arguing over it.

Honestly, I don't think anybody knows anything anymore, it's just that this is the time of year when people are dying to know something. Football has a hold of every bodies balls year round anymore and for us Browns this is the best part of the year before all the injuries and invariably failure hit.

Just move Dexter already so I can get on with my life.

Anymore, I don't believe a freaking thing I read. Seriously, this "Does Mancock like Quinn or not?" crap is driving me nuts along with all the supposition out there and guys arguing over it.

Honestly, I don't think anybody knows anything anymore, it's just that this is the time of year when people are dying to know something. Football has a hold of every bodies balls year round anymore and for us Browns this is the best part of the year before all the injuries and invariably failure hit.

Just move Dexter already so I can get on with my life.

Just know that meanwhile Loverboy is pretending he's Lionel Richie singing "stuck on you" to his Derek Anderson poster. Like there's room for 1 more shoot stain on that thing.

- Tom F.

Well NFLDraftbible's credibility just went down the toilet. Good luck getting anybody to buy your bullshit anymore

I would think that for something that is pure B.S., NFL draft bible would be opening themselves up to a huge libel suit.

To even imply something is factual is libel.

I gotta new nickname for him: "Up-in-Smoke"

- Tom F.

Web Site Stands Behind Its Reports Of Positive Drug Results

Posted by Mike Florio on April 6, 2009, 8:15 p.m.

With the kind of defiance that suggests either a high degree of confidence in the accuracy of its report or a lack of tangible assets that makes suing the company not worth the time, money, and effort required to do so, the proprietor of NFLDraftBible.com has aggressively vouched for his site’s recent flurry of reports linking various draft-eligible players with positive drug test results at the Scouting Combine.

“The NFLDraftBible.com reported a story based on very reliable sources,” Rick Serritella, founder and CEO of the site, told Liz Mullen of SportsBusiness Journal. “We have reported hundreds, if not thousands of stories in the past and we have never had any issues with any of our stories in the past.”

But Serritella conceded that failing to contact the players or their agents for comment before posting the iteams “was probably a mistake on our part.”

It could end up being an expensive mistake. If the reports are wrong, the players could sue NFLDraftBible.com for defamation, since there will always be a segment of the population that regards the players in question as guys who smoked pot or used steroids. Thus, the false reports (if they are false) necessarily impair their reputations.

Though some believe that Internet sites have no legal accountability for defamatory content, they (we) definitely do. That’s why we’ve refrained from posting many stories over the years absent official confirmation.

Even as to a story that is based on an impeccable unnamed source, defending against a lawsuit alleging that a given story is false could force a web site to make a tough choice — reveal the unnamed source, or take the legal bullet.

Whether NFLDraftBible.com gets sued remains to be seen. If only one suit is filed, it likely will be the death knell of the operation, especially once Serritella gets the first bill from his lawyer.

Archived