THE BROWNS BOARD

Horseshoe Theory Of Politics.

jbluhm86

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah I saw that too. Do you want to google the craziest things democrats say or do you want me to?

Because...

They're pretty equally crazy. But one is called "extremist" and one "progressive".

That is the point of the entire thread, that both ends are extreme, just have different goals.

Extremists are extreme. Most religious people believe in the same thing...traditional marriage, abortion bad, but aren't terribly vocal about it. So vocal = extreme. Got it.

No, "you must live by rules we decide" = extreme.

Look bud.

Islamic terrorists are extremests.

The bundy group are extremists.

The blm group are (borderline) extremists.

Gay marriage people not so much.

Anti gay marriage people not so much

I agree, but you can be very extreme in how you express the views. That quote from before about gay marriage being the biggest danger faced by the US in the next 30 years is pretty extreme, for example. Similarly, "fuck you, I don't care what your backward ancient wizard scrolls say about it" is also quite extreme.

Nobody's really trying to compare political extremism in the US with jihadists and the like, but extremism is all relative. Sarah Palin would be an extreme liberal in Saudi Arabia, for example, showing her hair, trying to rule over men, that kind of thing.

Well did they or did they not decide, without passing any law, that gay marriage is legal everywhere and everyone must abide it?

Yes. After a long process of legal review, not based solely on who can shout the loudest.

How is any of that relevant to the tea party?

Some black people believe that

A. The kkk is still a thing and that

B. All police and government are a part of it.

People are stupid. No argument. How does that relate to the tea party?

because I hear that same rhetoric, or close to it...from the tea party folk. Now granted, you can't always control who tries to graft on to your movement. But I don't think it's any secret whatsoever that the tea party has positioned themselves as further to the right than the republican party. The whole reason the tea party exists is because people were upset that the republicans weren't far enough to the right for them anymore.

The Tea Party exists because it doesn't seem the Republican Party has been honest in their desires and their weak attempt toward smaller government and less governament control.

It's pretty simple really, less government intrusion and less taxing the shit out of the population. Unfortunately when the Republicans gain power they can't find their way clear to tackle those problems.

But their opposition makes shit up an idiots believe it.

WSS

that gay marriage activists are extremists.

This might be a philosophical point, but I will never view someone that's fighting for their own right to be happy within their own lives as "extremists". Do some of these people go too far in wanting all of us to bow to them, of course. But in the end these people have fought their asses off to have equality.

But take the issue of abortion....someone fighting to end abortion is in effect fighting to take away a personal decision a woman is making with her own body. Now I want to keep this discussion away from whether abortion is right or wrong or gay marriage is right or wrong. Besides the point for now, we've all been over this ad infinitum anyway. What I want to highlight though is how a group of people are fighting to impose their will on another group of people over a matter that one can argue with much veracity, is of no business to anyone but the woman making the decision. I get it, you can argue then well why do we punish people for anything if it ain't got nothing to do with us. This is one of those issues that's pretty grey and I don't have the answers.

But as for gay marriage, I have yet to hear any kind of rational credible argument as to why two gay men or two lesbian women living next door affects my life whatsoever. This is why I consider people, like the Tea party, who are so voraciously anti gay marriage as extremists. I see so much corrupt activity in this society that has nothing to do with abortion or gay marriage, that these issues barely register with me anymore. What's eating the core of this society away have nothing to do with these issues so people that stand up and say well if only children weren't aborted or gays were still being tossed off a mountain......gosh gee things would be so much better dontcha know!...these people I find to be whack job extremists.

Somebody who wants socialized medicine or socialized this or that....while they may be wrong....they're not whack jobs. They just have a different idea about collectivist vs individualistic action. In some cases they're right and in others their wrong. But do you see the difference I'm trying to illustrate?

This might be a philosophical point, but I will never view someone that's fighting for their own right to be happy within their own lives as "extremists". Do some of these people go too far in wanting all of us to bow to them, of course. But in the end these people have fought their asses off to have equality.

But take the issue of abortion....someone fighting to end abortion is in effect fighting to take away a personal decision a woman is making with her own body. Now I want to keep this discussion away from whether abortion is right or wrong or gay marriage is right or wrong. Besides the point for now, we've all been over this ad infinitum anyway. What I want to highlight though is how a group of people are fighting to impose their will on another group of people over a matter that one can argue with much veracity, is of no business to anyone but the woman making the decision. I get it, you can argue then well why do we punish people for anything if it ain't got nothing to do with us. This is one of those issues that's pretty grey and I don't have the answers.

But as for gay marriage, I have yet to hear any kind of rational credible argument as to why two gay men or two lesbian women living next door affects my life whatsoever. This is why I consider people, like the Tea party, who are so voraciously anti gay marriage as extremists. I see so much corrupt activity in this society that has nothing to do with abortion or gay marriage, that these issues barely register with me anymore. What's eating the core of this society away have nothing to do with these issues so people that stand up and say well if only children weren't aborted or gays were still being tossed off a mountain......gosh gee things would be so much better dontcha know!...these people I find to be whack job extremists.

Somebody who wants socialized medicine or socialized this or that....while they may be wrong....they're not whack jobs. They just have a different idea about collectivist vs individualistic action. In some cases they're right and in others their wrong. But do you see the difference I'm trying to illustrate?

I stated unequivocally that I didn't view them as extremists I was merely illustrating a point. I don't view tea party members as extremist either.

I don't see the extreme right wanting to deny

anybody their rights.

The left wants rights taken away. 2nd Amendment. Fair taxation. the right of the unborn to

live and not be murdered. The right to disagree with mmgw. The right to criticize Obamao.

The 1st Amendment, with their political correct speech. (see the hell they raised about

saying "All lives matter"...)The right to NOT be taxed gouged unfairly, just because

you worked hard all your life to get to where you are, income wise. Then the left

wants to take most of it away from you, so THEY can have it.

The right insists they KEEP their rights under our Constitution....

If it were only their own body I wouldn't give a flying fuck what they do. Buy when you kill someone else...and that IS what you're doing past a point..then you are engaging in a murder.

Listen I've got a kid on the way right now. Today is the first day of the second trimester. Three weeks ago we got the first ultrasound pictures and blood tests. The heart is beating, the tiny arms are waving. That fetus IS alive and aborting it at this point WOULD be murder. I do not need anything more than that. I'm a guy who legitimately feels bad if I kill a spider. You will never convince me that abortion for anything less than a medical emergency is all good. That's all. I'm not going to beat you up for your viewpoint but I'll oppose it in any way I can.

life just isn't so black and white. I do see your point about seeing the fetus on ultrasound and whatnot, I don't like abortion. I hate that sometimes it's a necessity. But sometimes it is. Even when it isn't, it's on that woman....she has to answer to god for it. If you take the decision away from a woman, you're slouching towards the OT ideologies we see on "PROMINENT" display right now in the middle east.

life just isn't so black and white. I do see your point about seeing the fetus on ultrasound and whatnot, I don't like abortion. I hate that sometimes it's a necessity. But sometimes it is. Even when it isn't, it's on that woman....she has to answer to god for it. If you take the decision away from a woman, you're slouching towards the OT ideologies we see on "PROMINENT" display right now in the middle east.

No. She could decide to get a depo shot or have an iud or take birth control or insist on a condom rather than say hey just come in and paint the walls

Archived