THE BROWNS BOARD

Meanwhile back in Chicago

The black protester was being taken away by the police and was not resisting when the old geezer socked him and no two ways about the old man was wrong. Now if the protester was resisting arrest and punching or attacking an officer and the old man hit the protester then he would have been a good citizen.

The stuff the left pulls in this country by always wanting to shut down those they don't agree with gets old with me. Conservatives can't speak on many college campuses because of stuff like this where the left won't tolerate an opposing viewpoint. The left was able to shut down Trump tonight but what about the free speech rights of those who came to hear him?

there ya go. Liberals demand free speech and "civil discourse" only

when THEY keep it.

Otherwise, they are delighted to screw over anyone who disagrees with them,

and they can be as grotesqely uncivil as they want to be.

they insist on THEIR Constitutional rights, and demand the power to argue against,

and try to take away, they Constitutional rights they don't need, of others.

Like, the 2nd Amendment. And, they get the unlimited 1st Amendment, and they get to

take away the latter from those who they don't want to let have it.

Everybody like them, is good. Everybody not like them, very, very bad.

The left seem to think many times things have to be their way or the highway. I'm sick of it. These college brats who think of a conservative speaker as some type of enemy that can't step a foot on their college or they will protest and shut them down. This is the opposite of free speech this is mob rule. Their liberal professors need to to explain the constitution and first amendment rights to them and how the answer to speech you don't like is more speech. Instead of shutting Trump down and trampling on the rights of those who came to hear Trump they could form a rally of their own where those who agree with their cause can gather.

The black protester was being taken away by the police and was not resisting when the old geezer socked him and no two ways about the old man was wrong. Now if the protester was resisting arrest and punching or attacking an officer and the old man hit the protester then he would have been a good citizen.

Yes, he was subdued and be taken away and was doing nothing but shouting when he was struck. Exactly true. Old geezer was in the wrong and was arrested and charged, fair enough.

The unruliness consisted of the actions before he had to be subdued and taken away.

I have no idea why it's hard to find that footage. I saw it once only and then only the portion where they were at the top of the steps.

And there is plenty of footage of protesters fighting with the police in Chicago. I'm pretty sure this is a Saul Alinsky tactic, get the cameras ready be as outrageous as you can and film yourself being dragged away.

CNN eats it with a spoon.

WSS

The left seem to think many times things have to be their way or the highway. I'm sick of it. These college brats who think of a conservative speaker as some type of enemy that can't step a foot on their college or they will protest and shut them down. This is the opposite of free speech this is mob rule. Their liberal professors need to to explain the constitution and first amendment rights to them and how the answer to speech you don't like is more speech. Instead of shutting Trump down and trampling on the rights of those who came to hear Trump they could form a rally of their own where those who agree with their cause can gather.

I work in Higher Education and you couldn't be more wrong about how 99% of colleges work in this country. Professors aren't spewing Marx and free dialogue for both sides is fiercely protected. Most universities have free speech zones and just last week a huge Trump rally dominated our campus.

These protestors were way wrong but but being plain stupid and wrong about how the world works is just as bad. Also, what do you want the vast majority of professors to do who have nothing to do with political science? Do you want the biology teacher have a pop quiz on the Constitution? God ignorance and blinders drive me crazy. Just because professor Joe Liberal at the one liberal college where they don't wear shoes talks that way doesn't make it true.

I work in Higher Education and you couldn't be more wrong about how 99% of colleges work in this country. Professors aren't spewing Marx and free dialogue for both sides is fiercely protected. Most universities have free speech zones and just last week a huge Trump rally dominated our campus.

These protestors were way wrong but but being plain stupid and wrong about how the world works is just as bad. Also, what do you want the vast majority of professors to do who have nothing to do with political science? Do you want the biology teacher have a pop quiz on the Constitution? God ignorance and blinders drive me crazy. Just because professor Joe Liberal at the one liberal college where they don't wear shoes talks that way doesn't make it true.

Excuse me just because you think you are right doesn't mean you are right. I went to college myself and saw the liberal bias first hand and this was back in the late 80's. Don't even try to tell me these universities aren't heavily promoting liberal ideology because I witnessed it and there are studies that have shown the liberal bias. It is conservative speakers that are being shut down in liberal colleges and discriminated against and that is going all over the country. Before being on your high horse saying other people are ignorant do a little research it might do you some good.

And I did have the English composition professor in college compare right to life with the KKK and Nazi groups in the classroom and the American history teacher who gave me a note after the semester was over saying she feared for her job as a conservative surrounded by liberal professors and administration.

Or would you be comfortable with a couple thousand klansman rednecks or anybody on the right, even the center-right, Etc shouting down a rally for Bernie Sanders, Hillary Clinton or the president?

Seriously if a mob forced the cancellation of any of those would you be happy? Is that how you like politics to be or just when you support one side?

And personally I don't think it's all college students or faculty but 5 or 10% of kids getting off on the attention is not unheard of.

WSS

A friend of my older sister went to a Trump rally wearing a Bernie Sanders hat. She is a 42 year old woman and stood quietly listening to Trump....then was pointed out by some people in the crowd, immediately verbal assaulted by many and ultimately forcibly removed by the police....on the way out she was spat upon and groped and no one, even the police, did a thing.....true story.....

A friend of my older sister went to a Trump rally wearing a Bernie Sanders hat. She is a 42 year old woman and stood quietly listening to Trump....then was pointed out by some people in the crowd, immediately verbal assaulted by many and ultimately forcibly removed by the police....on the way out she was spat upon and groped and no one, even the police, did a thing.....true story.....

Of course that is wrong but mabye it is just me but why would you wear a Bernie Sanders hat to a Trump rally. Don't get me wrong you should have the right to do so if you want but I wouldn't do it. Just seems to be asking for trouble. My daughter went with my son in law to a Bengals game in Cincy a few years ago when the Browns were playing. She really doesn't care about football and I advised her not to wear her Browns jersey as she might get hassled. She didn't listen to me and sure enough they had some idiots verbally assaulting her calling her a Browns whore etc when she went to the concession stand and my son in law wasn't with her.

Excuse me just because you think you are right doesn't mean you are right. I went to college myself and saw the liberal bias first hand and this was back in the late 80's. Don't even try to tell me these universities aren't heavily promoting liberal ideology because I witnessed it and there are studies that have shown the liberal bias. It is conservative speakers that are being shut down in liberal colleges and discriminated against and that is going all over the country. Before being on your high horse saying other people are ignorant do a little research it might do you some good.

And I did have the English composition professor in college compare right to life with the KKK and Nazi groups in the classroom and the American history teacher who gave me a note after the semester was over saying she feared for her job as a conservative surrounded by liberal professors and administration.

Of course! Your personal narrative of attending one college 20 years ago should trump (pun intended) my years of working in the field. My attending conferences where inclusion workshops are led Trump supporters. Where presidents councils have crafted documents about understanding free speech is for everyone. Where a professor on our campus was fired for putting a crossfire signal in Trump. Yes, your one example of a liberal professor outshines allthat knowledge and examples. It is against the law at ublic institutions to discriminate based on affiliations. My research is being masters educated in the field and being a published speaker. What were your credentials again?

Jesus Fucking christ on a cracker, and people wonder where our problems lie.

Honestly....I wouldnt have worn it either.....but, seriously, lots of people wear "their colors" to games and rallys and it's outrageous to think youd get assaulted at a "politcal" rally, just for doing so....and to get groped and tossed out because you have an opposing opinion is despicable....

A football game? and some verbal jabs from a bunch of drunk neanderthals?....thats a little more believable....

Of course! Your personal narrative of attending one college 20 years ago should trump (pun intended) my years of working in the field. My attending conferences where inclusion workshops are led Trump supporters. Where presidents councils have crafted documents about understanding free speech is for everyone. Where a professor on our campus was fired for putting a crossfire signal in Trump. Yes, your one example of a liberal professor outshines allthat knowledge and examples. It is against the law at ublic institutions to discriminate based on affiliations. My research is being masters educated in the field and being a published speaker. What were your credentials again?

Jesus Fucking christ on a cracker, and people wonder where our problems lie.

You ever hear of google search. It's easy. Try searching liberal bias in colleges.

Seriously JRB 12711 I am more open minded than you think. Generalizations and blanket condemnations are not right and my favorite professor was very liberal but what distinguished him from the other liberal professors I had was that he never pushed that ideology in the classroom and the only way I even knew he was liberal was because he would joke about his debates with his conservative daughter. I went into the Criminal Justice field and this professor later went into social work and we became good friends and worked together on some cases from time to time. He was a retired St. Louis police officer and hands down he was the best professor I had in that college.

You ever hear of google search. It's easy. Try searching liberal bias in colleges.

I quite literally provided ample examples of why you were wrong and provided factual understanding on why I am qualified to talk about the subject. Your response is to tell me to Google it.

Do you maybe at all see why I cannot possibly take you seriously? I imagine you cannot, but try critical thinking on that for at least a minute, please.

I quite literally provided ample examples of why you were wrong and provided factual understanding on why I am qualified to talk about the subject. Your response is to tell me to Google it.

Do you maybe at all see why I cannot possibly take you seriously? I imagine you cannot, but try critical thinking on that for at least a minute, please.

I told you to google it because there are too many examples of liberal bias in colleges. You can do your own google search. I don't care what title a person carries because I have seen too many people with titles without an ounce of common sense or what we refer to as book smart.

I told you to google it because there are too many examples of liberal bias in colleges. You can do your own google search. I don't care what title a person carries because I have seen too many people with titles without an ounce of common sense or what we refer to as book smart.

Yep, pretty much par for the course around here. I have no proof, deny evidence that outright refutes what I am saying, but you are wrong damnit!

Really vood stuff.

Fair enough mud. I will buy you a trump hat to wear to the next blacklivesmatter riot.

WSS

My response would be that the people running blacklivesmatter aren't running for President.....and I could easily wear a Trump or Hillary hat to a Sanders rally without fear of being attacked....

In fact....all of the candidates have held rallys....and none of them have had people ejected, attacked, arrested and beaten....except at Trumps rallys.....and it's happening over and over again.....

Now.....after many incidents of hate and violence erupting at these Trump rallys, some people organize and go down there to protest....which is understandable....and suddenly they are the trouble makers etc.....when the protest was actually an organized response to the hate and violence being perpetuated at these Trump rallys....

The guy is running for President.....each and every American has a right to go there, hear what he has to say....and if they want....voice there preference or opinon.....plain and simple....

And for all the people espousing American rights.....make America great again.....Obama divided this country....blah blah blah....sure seems like Trump and his minions are a driving force in dividing people further and censorship of opinion.....

So...yeah....I should be able to have a reasonable expectation of NOT being attacked....no matter what I wear.....

Bullshit. Each and every American does not have the right to shout down and disrupt any political candidates rally whether you like them or not.

And politicians do have a right to present their views in a peaceful manner without being attacked. Whether I like them or not.

Many go there just for the reason of causing trouble so they can get their stupid faces on camera when they have to be dragged away.

WSS

Bullshit. Each and every American does not have the right to shout down and disrupt any political candidates rally whether you like them or not.

And politicians do have a right to present their views in a peaceful manner without being attacked. Whether I like them or not.

Many go there just for the reason of causing trouble so they can get their stupid faces on camera when they have to be dragged away.

WSS

But thats nowhere close to what I said.....I said people should have a right to attend without being attacked......and, relating back to my original post, a woman should not be thrown out, verbally assaulted or groped because she wore a Bernie hat.....

No one said anything about disrupting or shouting down a candidate.....

And, I agree, a lot of people seem to attend "Trunp" rallys and enjoy starting trouble at them.....and thats on both sides....which is a troubling aspect of his campaign, as it is unprecedented in modern political rallys and not a normal thing....

And Trump seems not to worry when it happens and sometimes even encourages it.....which to me, is not very Presidential.....

Unfortunately that's with protesters do. Tea party or Occupy Wall Street. It's just that the older people are less destructive. Less energy you know?

WSS

The older voters actually still vote by raising their hand. Also they haven't seen a good President since Adams who acted as if he didn't want the position.

Archived