THE BROWNS BOARD

Is Mel Kiper a Dumbass?

Babernakle

Oh goodness don't say a bad word on a Buckeye. All the pundits get pissy when the truth comes out and heaven forbid if Bosa isn't worshiped. As bad as it is to see a Buckeye hater is even worse to see a Buckeye with rose colored glasses on.

If you get Bosa, "the defense rest"

Lmao

Give it 3 years and we will all see.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sold on Bosa at all. Could be a bust, could get suspended for

whatever dope, who knows.

He isn't all that explosive, don't know about his work habits....

wouldn't take him at all, unless you're drafting for a team that

is pretty much complete, and you can take a chance on him.

Not sold on Bosa at all. Could be a bust, could get suspended for

whatever dope, who knows.

He isn't all that explosive, don't know about his work habits....

wouldn't take him at all, unless you're drafting for a team that

is pretty much complete, and you can take a chance on him.

Or, he could become a Hall of Fame caliber player. He has a better chance of being that imo than either of the qBs that are being talked about.

I don't see it, Gipper. From NFL.com:

WEAKNESSES Too contact-­oriented in his rush and needs to learn to leverage himself around the edge. Forward lean can cause him to go flying when defenders give him a shove. Tape shows surprising lack of play strength when hes attacked on his edge. Struggles to fight back when being washed down by down blocks. Will end up on the ground more times than expected during game. Instincts a work in progress. Can be slow to process what he sees and can be frozen by zone-­read looks. Not much bang behind his pads as a tackler. Big runners squeeze out additional yards after contact against him. Will vacate his run fit with constant attempts to get over the top of block rather than reading and reacting to both gaps. Not as twitchy and sudden as expected. Feet are a little heavy and it takes just a second to accelerate up to speed after quick direction changes. More attention by offenses brought much fewer sacks. Flagged for offsides 10 times over last two years and 14 penalties total. NFL COMPARISON Ryan Kerrigan

BOTTOM LINE

Body beautiful college end who has the talent and upside to play with a hand down or standing in the pros. Bosa might not have the pure edge speed to be an elite pass rusher, but his hand usage and ability to generate push as a bull-rusher should make him a very good 4-3 base end or a 3-­4 outside linebacker. Bosa has a few more flaws than some may be willing to admit and his upside might be good rather than great, but his traits and growth potential as a player make him a safe selection. Bosa might be at his best with a defensive coordinator willing to move him around the field.

Bosa probably will be very good, maybe, in a 4-3. He's been compared to Ryan Kerrigan of the Redskins,

who was a 1st round pick, 16th overall. But we are talking 2nd pick overall,

and the Browns need an elite, frachise qb.

He doesn't seem to play smart- the penalities are ignorant.

So, if Bosa drops to the 32 pick, sure, I could draft him..... B)

I don't see it, Gipper. From NFL.com:

WEAKNESSES Too contact-­oriented in his rush and needs to learn to leverage himself around the edge. Forward lean can cause him to go flying when defenders give him a shove. Tape shows surprising lack of play strength when hes attacked on his edge. Struggles to fight back when being washed down by down blocks. Will end up on the ground more times than expected during game. Instincts a work in progress. Can be slow to process what he sees and can be frozen by zone-­read looks. Not much bang behind his pads as a tackler. Big runners squeeze out additional yards after contact against him. Will vacate his run fit with constant attempts to get over the top of block rather than reading and reacting to both gaps. Not as twitchy and sudden as expected. Feet are a little heavy and it takes just a second to accelerate up to speed after quick direction changes. More attention by offenses brought much fewer sacks. Flagged for offsides 10 times over last two years and 14 penalties total. NFL COMPARISON Ryan Kerrigan

BOTTOM LINE

Body beautiful college end who has the talent and upside to play with a hand down or standing in the pros. Bosa might not have the pure edge speed to be an elite pass rusher, but his hand usage and ability to generate push as a bull-rusher should make him a very good 4-3 base end or a 3-­4 outside linebacker. Bosa has a few more flaws than some may be willing to admit and his upside might be good rather than great, but his traits and growth potential as a player make him a safe selection. Bosa might be at his best with a defensive coordinator willing to move him around the field.

It doesn't matter what you see or don't see. It matters what happens on that field.

For 3 years I saw Bosa dominate like perhaps no one I have ever seen before in college football.

What I saw from Goff when I watched him was a guy throw for interception after interception in games his team lost.

So...I am going by what I saw with my eyes.

And it is not like I haven't been watching football all my life.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/01/01/top-prospect-bosa-ejected-from-final-college-game/

http://www.thedolphinsmakemecry.com/rod-bosa-kumerow

It isn't just a few of us trying to be belligerent Gip. We'll see. At 2,

I would never draft Bosa for the Browns.

An appraisal of Bosa from retired DE Stephen White. (he's watched a lot of football, too...)

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2016/2/25/11059596/2016-nfl-draft-profile-joey-bosa-ohio-state-defensive-end-breakdown

and Bosa has been immature on and off the field. Stupid common penalites, cheapshot got ejected...

and

joey-bosa-tweet-2.jpg?quality=90&w=650

TWITTER

joey-bosa-tweet-3.jpg?quality=90&w=650

twITTER

The tweets were almost instantly deleted because Bosa realized this is a fucking awful PR move for a guy hoping to become the top choice, but his message was up long enough to be heard loud and clear...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/01/01/top-prospect-bosa-ejected-from-final-college-game/

http://www.thedolphinsmakemecry.com/rod-bosa-kumerow

It isn't just a few of us trying to be belligerent Gip. We'll see. At 2,

I would never draft Bosa for the Browns.

An appraisal of Bosa from retired DE Stephen White. (he's watched a lot of football, too...)

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2016/2/25/11059596/2016-nfl-draft-profile-joey-bosa-ohio-state-defensive-end-breakdown

and Bosa has been immature on and off the field. Stupid common penalites, cheapshot got ejected...

and

joey-bosa-tweet-2.jpg?quality=90&w=650

TWITTER

joey-bosa-tweet-3.jpg?quality=90&w=650

twITTER

The tweets were almost instantly deleted because Bosa realized this is a fucking awful PR move for a guy hoping to become the top choice, but his message was up long enough to be heard loud and clear...

Not worried about some stupid tweets. No one put out more stupid tweets than LeBron James.....does that make him a bad basketball player?

it isn't just the tweets. It's the penalties, the immaturity on the field...

getting ejected in a big game on a deliberate cheap shot.....

and off the field. And, it seems that he could end up being a more belligerent, meaner Mike Junkin.

Let the buyer beware.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_Junkin

Archived